kevenc

Bought this game today.

It seems unplayable, the zombies aggro us so easily even through wall and stuff. You start with nothing, so if you get aggro before finding a gun or an hatchet you're done since you can't outrun fast zombies.

I was looking some videos this morning and bought it today, it seems like it very harder than what I saw. I saw alot of stream who said that this new patch sucked too...

Hope I didn't made my friends bought this game for broken mod...

As for now, even after 3 hours of play, I can't find the option to open my flashlight... That's how confusing it is...

Would love some feedbacks.

Thanks

This new patch has some stuff with probably unintended gameplay consequences. It's a wait and see situation for now to see what Rocket plans on doing about the future direction of zombie behavior.

Don't worry things will be fixed, this is still an alpha and yes at the moment it's a little broken but once it does actually get fixed it will be REALLY fun I guarantee it. To use your flashlight you press "L". It only works at nighttime as well.

yes its a great game Kevenc, just they fix the agro range of the ZOMBIS!!!!

here is a link you can take a look at maybe not the best, but damn we were having a Blast and good times almost everyday even wen we got killed bye outer players or zombis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYba1eZV1Qc

Hope I didn't made my friends bought this game for broken mod...

ARE U KIDDIN ME??

ITS IN ALPHA MAN!!! You should do your homework before buying a game...

You did not buy this game. You downloaded this MOD. Which is in alpha.

You bought arma2.

Day Z can be a frustrating experience right about now but it's in early stages and, within the next few months, we should see a mod emerge that could become a stand out cult success for many years.

Patience.

You did not buy this game. You downloaded this MOD. Which is in alpha.

You bought arma2.

Well said.

The way some people complain about this mod, you'd think they were paying customers moaning about a finished product.

I got my friend to buy ARMA 2 just for DayZ, this was the right after 1.7.1 came out. He hated the game, and now I'm trying to persuade him that 1.7.1 was just one bad thing.

I have to laugh when people quit because of something as trivial as a bad ALPHA update. To a MOD no less.

It's to be expected. I'd imagine that the devs aren't sitting there with their thumb up their ass going 'Time to quit because this random guy says we suck!' That's laughable to think yourself so important.

Give it a bit of time. A patch will come out and make all your sunshine dreams come true. And if not, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is still looking for players.

You didnt just buy dayz, you bought ArmA one of the best milsims out there. Everyone is right, it is an alpha and problems will be fixed it just takes time. Defenitly keep an eye on this mod. In the mean time you could check out all of the other really great ArmA 2 mods, dayz isn't the only one.

You may also want to look up some dayz tutorials on youtube, there are some good ones.

Did you know Games come with an "Options" Menu, inside that Menu there is a button to another Menu called "Controls". Here it tells you all the, well, controls! lol come on, can learn how to turn flash light on there.

Also know you can only really see it during night, which is a bit obvious.

Did you know Games come with an "Options" Menu' date=' inside that Menu there is a button to another Menu called "Controls". Here it tells you all the, well, controls! lol come on, can learn how to turn flash light on there.

Also know you can only really see it during night, which is a bit obvious.

[/quote']

Also google is your friend for finding out stuff :cool:

You have to stick it out... I am still learning how to play and me and my brother are pretty well geared. With the newest patch I would strongly suggest when in or near any towns... PRONE, we found that the only way to not aggro zombies in daylight. Dusk / Night time is a different story.

I would also strongly suggest leaving the coast line towns and heading inland to search the barns and towns there, far less players. Also when you do get a gun, dont befriend other players but your buddies...KILL ON SITE! LOL.

I agree with the others, you should play some arma 2 first and get used to controls and the interface before you go bagging the whole game over just the alpha mod. Try to google some maps on where loot is, finding your first weapon is exciting and i wouldn't want you to miss out on the joy of getting your first gun and feeling badass, if only for a minute :D

The problem is, Dayz is a dependence game and ervy hour without playing this mod is horrible. If things dont work it is frustrating :D