Sign in to follow this  
Snablas

Zombies in buildings

A quick post: I see that we'll be spending a whole lot of more time in buildings when the standalone arrives. This has me slightly concerned, seeing as the buildings in DayZ haven't got any zombies spawning inside them. This means that the exposure to zeds will be much less, and that the tension in the game stemming from zeds therefore will be much less. In buildings you're always "safe" from the zeds.

Why? Wouldn't it be great to stand behind the door, listening for the moans of the undead? To enter a house, only to hear zeds walking around on the upper floor?

Could we please see zombies spawning inside buildings for the standalone? The spawn rate wouldn't have to be as high as in the open, seeing as zeds are more dangerous in the cramped spaces of building interiors.

In the mod zombies do spawn in buildings, its a fairly new feature so maybe you just missed it.

But yeah i expect we will have to clear out zeds from buildings in the standalone.

Probably yes, most of the buildings in Day Z are safezone but sometimes abandonned buidling are respawn spots of zombies so you should still be careful.

Zombies also used to stay inside buildings they spawned in and it got re-introduced.

And you're definitely not safe from the zeds, the bugged hearing isn't helping that.

In the mod zombies do spawn in buildings, its a fairly new feature so maybe you just missed it.

But yeah i expect we will have to clear out zeds from buildings in the standalone.

Its not a new feature. DayZ had this from the start we removed back in .5/.6

Its not a new feature. DayZ had this from the start we removed back in .5/.6

The good ol' days :lol:

So is it in or not? Because I've never really encountered it before. At the very least, the spawn rate must be dramatically lowered inside. Or am I just imagining things? =(

yes they spawn in nearly every building, even the tiny ass shacks, which is terribly annoying. you just have to get their attention, run them out, go back in and hatchet.

I'm fine with zombies spawning in buildings, but they shouldn't spawn in buildings just because you are near it or about to go in it.

Some buildings should have zombies in, some shouldn't, some should have zombies passing though. That then gives you risk/reward situations, do I go in that building with zombies in? or do I go to the house across the road that sounds like it doesn't or do I wait them out?

Zombies have no concept of loot, they would really only be in a building by chance and they wouldn't necessarily stay in a building either unless something attracted them there.

EDIT: Further on the above, it would be quite cool if zombie presence in a building might also alert you to something, maybe like a body or something like that, again which would give you more risk/reward choices.

Edited by tajjuk

Z's in buildings is great. I usally approach houses from the back side, listen for moans. If i think its going to cause to much fuss with other zombies aggoring of the zombie inside i skip the building, or try to steal a peak inside on of the windows. Very fun feeling weighing risk reward, very much looking foward to the day that all the AI is legit.

Not all buildings of course but ones with zombies inside might have a higher chance of loot, as said above maybe they turned inside defending something of worth?

Edited by Trizzo