Sign in to follow this  
AthanB123

Heroes

Got a few questions about heroes in DayZ in the new update.

I seen that there were different stages of heroes now. Does that mean that each stage has a different skin or does the highest stage just have a skin.

Also, can you get a hero skin from killing bandits? (If so how many?)

And do you still have to get like civilian clothing to activate the skin after you get the humanity, (used to be glitchy before.)

Thanks.

In dayz origins there is 24 skin (bandit/hero).

Yes there is a skin for each stage in origins.

Cant tell for other mod.

Got a few questions about heroes in DayZ in the new update.

I seen that there were different stages of heroes now. Does that mean that each stage has a different skin or does the highest stage just have a skin.

Its not really stages of heroes, its more like a visual representation of the progression of your characters life. so no, theres no different skins.

Also, can you get a hero skin from killing bandits? (If so how many?)

Theres no humanity gained from killing bandits, only from giving medical aid to players.

And do you still have to get like civilian clothing to activate the skin after you get the humanity, (used to be glitchy before.)

Thanks.

I havent encountered this bug in a long time it may still be an issue on some servers, hard to say.

I think the hero stages are in the SA. I could be wrong though.

In the initial release there wont be a humanity system, Rocket has said he wants to see how players interact with each other before going down that road.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

I think the stages and humanity system the OP is referring to is for DayZ origins. A dayZ mod.

You can get 3 levels (either as hero or as bandit) with each level having a selection of skins.

You gain humanity in that mod by killing Zs, healing other players, or killing bandits.

You lose it by killing players.

In Regular dayZ you have 3 skins only. Hero, bandit or survivor. And you can't gain humanity by killing Zs.

I assumed the OP was referring to the three different pictures you get for heroes and bandits in the new journal from the 1.7.7 patch.

(although those pictures aren't actually in yet, the journal is still a work in progress)

Edited by Fluxley

Theres no humanity gained from killing bandits, only from giving medical aid to players.

Has that changed? Pretty sure you used to.. *shrug*

Has that changed? Pretty sure you used to.. *shrug*

Its always been this way as far as i know.

I do know that killing a bandit doesn't lower it as it would killing a survivor but whether it increases it I'm not sure. Humanity has always been a bit iffy, http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Humanity says one thing but who knows how accurate that is or ever was.

Ive gotten humanity for killing bandits... :/

Ive gotten humanity for killing bandits... :/

When was this? and are you sure it was on vanilla dayz not a different mod or map?