kloust!

ROCKET - ENDGAME BUILDING!

The faction or could be a banner is used so players don't create names that could be offensive. These would be take a name like Red Cross and since they are gone - you are taking their banner but you can do what you want.

But for the mod I agree that we will not see a faction/ banner but just settlement building.

I think Rocket's idea is along similar lines where you have groups of Survivors, Lone wolves and bandit parties (solo or groups). Rebuilt, fortified areas, cabins in woods that sort of thing. A long way off but defintely a good idea.

I like all of these ideas! Would love to see them implemented when DayZ really kicks off!

I'd also like it if the structures you build need some sort of maintenace so that you constantly need to have some kind of an objective: "Hey guys, today we need to go into the town to find some scrap metal/wooden planks for the outter wall!"

Good idea (That is always being suggested.), the only problem I could see is possible server lag with a lot of people building stuff.