WashedGlass

Loot Not Spawning?

So, whenever i go into any major city, no loot spawns at all. This did NOT happen before 1.7.7. whatido

E: Loot spawns on tiny villages and stuff, but no loot spawns on ANY major city or any place with good loot (airfields, to be exact)

Edited by WashedGlass

Maybe it is bug, there are version of Day Z that has several bugs like respawn spot of zombie, loots and durability of the items and weapons.

I found that there is an issue that can cause no loot and no zombies to spawn for you. There was a time where it was taking a long time for me to login. The screen was black and the icons were showing. I waited and waited, then finally decided to hit escape. The pause menu came up, but so the did video, so I closed the menu and played. 3 towns later with no loot and no spawns, I finally figured something was up. This happened the next 2 times, different servers. If you get that black screen and don't wait for gameplay to start naturally, you may be spawning in a clone world or something.

Anyone confirm?

This has been happening frequently to me, I just started playing again after a good 6 month break. It used to happen to a buddy of mine, but never me. Good observation on the screen blackout; maybe it has to do with alt tabbing?

Zombies and loot are connected, they spawn by players. Either the server is globally delaying those spawns because of bad performance (Long time no restart?) or you're desyincing.

Zombies and loot are connected, they spawn by players. Either the server is globally delaying those spawns because of bad performance (Long time no restart?) or you're desyincing.

I've read in a couple of places that, like you said, it has to do with not syncing. I have a perfect internet connection, in the past rebooting everything from the PC to the Router+Modem did the trick, but last night it didn't seem to work across 5 different servers. 

I took someone's advice of running around and outside the spawn radius for a few and trying again. This worked for 1 of 2 stores in Berezino; on a loop back in I noticed a lot more zombies than I had before. I spent maybe 5 minutes a good ways off. However, when I approached the 2nd store I noticed no zombies and/or loot in the store. This really confused me as I assumed I was synced just 10 minutes prior. I was never able to get zombies or loot to spawn over the next hour of farming in that area.

Is there a possible bug/issue that affects syncing per building? It seems too location specific to be server based.

Move out a couple of hundred metres then move back in.

As someone else said - no loot at all, or just nothing useful?

Any zombies around?

Any other players around?

Move out a couple of hundred metres then move back in.

As someone else said - no loot at all, or just nothing useful?

Any zombies around?

Any other players around?

As I stated in my last post. I did move away and came back which worked on one grocery store, I did the same on a 2nd store and had no luck.

There is absolutely 0 loot and it remains that way for over an hour after I leave the area.

There are usually 1-2 zombies around, but I can walk right up to them. Sometime they react, but I can't take damage from them.

(may or may not be related) This used to happen to a friend of mine 4-6mths ago(no loot/zombies), we would be unable to see each other despite being in identical locations. As we ran one player would randomly appear, then shortly thereafter reappear. 

Whats your clients FPS.

I'm currently at work. I'll play around again tonight and update my findings here.

If it helps, I have just recently begun playing again after about 4 months (Obviously there have been changes since). The last time I played I never had this issue, but I recall it happening to my buddy. I am on the same PC (same parts) and the same internet connection.

Yea i need you to clean your rpt log file located %appdata%../local/arma2oa.RPT and do a quick 5-10 min quick run.

Ok, I am having loot spawn issues now. Anyone else? I am on the exp servers if that helps at all.

Wrong forum bud and this thread is over a year old...

Wrong forum bud and this thread is over a year old...

Matters-not. Better to res an old topic than to throw an other layer of the same-ole on top.

When I have issues with no z or loot, Id take a jog about 100m+ and wait a few..It may take upto a minute but when I see a z-appear I know Im g2g. Make sure you're not staring at whatever building/area you want loot/z to appear from, while you wait those few.