r4z0r49

DayZ 1.7.7.1 .Dev Bug List

Makes me wish there was more constructive criticism than sharp jabs at the development when the person themselves lack the skills and talent like Razor does to dedicate the time to patch/update the DayZ mod when I'd assume this is only part-time.. Not to kiss ass but I'm sure not inconsiderate. For a mod; it's pretty damn good to receive all these updates :)

In regards towards the hotfix; I have no bug issues lately. My frames have been pretty consistent and zombies are a real fun challenge.

The patch was not good. I get FPS issues all the time and I am not a fan of the way they have taken zombies. I like that they are more of a challenge but the fact that they can infect you all the time while making antibiotics even more rare than they were before is just a pain in the ass and annoyance. I understand that they have talent and spend alot of time into a Mod that they don't have to but they shouldn't have released this patch at all period. It was a bad patch and it was trying to take the game in a cool direction which I understand but it just made the game buggier while ruining things like tent placement and everything else (though I understand they are attempting to fix this). I have died and lost so much of my things due to just logging in and being respawned for no reason more these past few weeks than any other time while playing DayZ.

Infection rate is fine, they just need to up the amount of antibiotics, which are almost impossible to find at the moment. Or introduce other ways to deal with infection.

You know that red motorcycle with flames painted on it? You can't fix its wheels, they don't show up when you are trying to put a wheel into the vehicle. Only body and fueltank status are showing.

You know that red motorcycle with flames painted on it? You can't fix its wheels, they don't show up when you are trying to put a wheel into the vehicle. Only body and fueltank status are showing.

Try repairing the body and fueltank, this may fix the wheels too.

I was killed by a tree today. I was on the run chased by zombies, got kind of stuck under one of these orange, kind of mid hight leaf trees (I was running uphill so maybe that's also important) and I think I tried to stand up, got zero blood and passed out. The pursuing zombies did the rest.

So that bug is still alive. I think trees are my nemesis, they kill me most of the times.

If its the trees i think it is then its not a bug, its just pure evil incarnate, hit one of those with my head while riding a motorbike once, the shockwave went through my body and broke both wheels.

i had an ATV parked close to a tent and was exchanging loot. many times the option "save ATV" appeared at the tent scroll menu and vice versa.

when i was ignoring it and driving away after 1000m there was still the "save tent" option in EVERY scroll menu. then i wasn't able to eat/drink and the whole menu/inventory system stopped working properly. also there was more lag and i had to restart the game.

at Berezino docks i walked north to the fueltank and low value industrial spawn just at the northern edge of the docks. as i come closer to the low ind. spawn building (10-15m) i "glitch" on the roof, everything shakes and i break my bones and die. happened 2 times in a row (same server).

i experienced both on public hive FR 356

Edited by phL

There's a known general bug in 1.7.7-1.7.7.1, if you can call that a bug. Have a rather popular server running dayz mission for 12+ hours without restart, loot spawns including zombies will be delayed. The more the mission runs, the bigger is the delay. I've seen this happen on a couple popular servers including the one I'm part of the crew at.

You need to restart every 6 hours at the very max it must be every 6 hours.

Still the biggest problem is the fps lag with Heli.

if a heli passed by the fps drops and the dont come back until the players are relogging. Seems nothing to do with playercount. Have this seem on 4 player servers too...

AND: 

as character_dead does nothing there is another problem: 

If a bandit dies but dont comes back before restart the humaity is gone, as after the restart dead characters are cleaned up and there is no info about old humanity, as PlayerMorality column isnt used at all.

Edited by Unic, Today, 02:18 PM.

There's a known general bug in 1.7.7-1.7.7.1, if you can call that a bug. Have a rather popular server running dayz mission for 12+ hours without restart, loot spawns including zombies will be delayed. The more the mission runs, the bigger is the delay. I've seen this happen on a couple popular servers including the one I'm part of the crew at.

The server I play on is restarted every 3 hours. The server slowing down after 12+ hours is completely normal.

Sometimes when you die, you can't press a thing (like respawning) because of some infinite pass out timer that is getting stuck at the background.

The server I play on is restarted every 3 hours. The server slowing down after 12+ hours is completely normal.

If you say so. I remember being able to play on non-freshly restarted servers back at 1.7.6.1.

I'm not sure if the delayed spawn rate is something new (it's always happened to me on some servers. Not sure if they were in need of a restart or not.), but the server slowing down (lower frame rates etc.) when it hasn't been restarted for a while is definitely nothing new, especially a well populated server.

• Like 1

I might have missed something, but is there any way to purify water in the game somehow ? I tried to drink water from a lake and got infected instantly..

I might have missed something, but is there any way to purify water in the game somehow ? I tried to drink water from a lake and got infected instantly..

If I remember correctly, you can boil water at a fireplace--> you need 1 firewood and matches to make one (Just be careful, zeds and players are attracted, it can be ssen from far away, even during the day). Then select the boil water option.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, you can boil water at a fireplace--> you need 1 firewood and matches to make one (Just be careful, zeds and players are attracted, it can be ssen from far away, even during the day). Then select the boil water option.

Wow.. *coughs* thanks! so.. ehem.. It was not a bug then.. ehem *coughs* ^^"

Zombies are able to run inside military and medical tents (At cherno) I lost my fully geared character because of it.

Zombies are able to run inside military and medical tents (At cherno) I lost my fully geared character because of it.

This, and when you are in a barracks, and zeds are after you, they still walk through the doors, instead of walking the hallway (They are not walking in the middle, rather on the right hand side, thus passing through the doors, making a clear shot very hard... you get cornered easily). They often bug in and out of the barracks too (The good thing is, if they bug out, they start at the entrance again...)

you need an empty tin can too.

This, and when you are in a barracks, and zeds are after you, they still walk through the doors, instead of walking the hallway (They are not walking in the middle, rather on the right hand side, thus passing through the doors, making a clear shot very hard... you get cornered easily). They often bug in and out of the barracks too (The good thing is, if they bug out, they start at the entrance again...)

Just close the doors after you loot each room and you have a clear shot again ;)

• Like 1

Wow.. *coughs* thanks! so.. ehem.. It was not a bug then.. ehem *coughs* ^^"

You'll need a tin can while you're at it to actually boil the water with it.

It's not a bug, not all lakes are safe to drink. Boiling it will give you a 100% success rate of not getting infected from it.

Lolwut?  How is a zed being able to run into a tent considered a bug?

I do not recall in the earlier patches the need to open up the inventory to pull an arrow out of your quiver in order to be able to reload your crossbow.  If this isn't the case, being able to press reload while leaving all the arrows in the quiver would be great.