Muncywolverine

Viral Zeds need to be easy to indentify.

Theres something wrong with the title, it includes the word 'Easy'....

<_<

Leave them the way they are.... Nothing better then to realize your almost out of ammo and not sure if viral or not ;)

As others have already pointed out and illustrated, virals are easily identified by their lack of table manners.

As others have already pointed out and illustrated, virals are easily identified by their lack of table manners.

Lmao^^.

Na, I prefer them to have subtle differences. That way when you finally spot the difference...It's oh shit!

Currently the only way to tell is via how much damage they can take. I think they also look a little bit more bloody/unkempt - but a more pronounced difference is needed.

How about we take the shirts off the viral zeds? If there that more dangerous... they should look different.

I can already tell the difference.

Instead of working on visuals, they need to fix the mechanics of the zombies. What I see, is a challenge, for the wrong reasons. Here's why: The latest updates supposedly fix the hit boxes, animations, etc. With this, they up'd the speed they run at as well, thus allowing latency to become a larger problem, actually making the zombies not function the way they were designed, and renders the patches useless in regards to attack movements. The zombies, are unpredictable, and the zig zag in Arma makes the zeds nearly impossible to shoot with any latency or frame drop when they sprint for you. When they attack you, the lag allows dissonance of the zombies and your player, even if they are in the correct zones of attack on the server, you see a zed hitting you from 5m away or some weird distance. Also, the inconsistency when sprinting (due to any lag) makes it even worse to take down the target.

Now the game makes me wanna exploit the walking indoors in order to even get a bullet on these things! Note that this phenomenon above happens to me whether 30 ms ping, to 200ms ping, 10 fps, 70 fps.... Vanilla, custom server, etc. Also, the coding really screwed up the frames many people get when they (zeds) aggro in numbers. Even some people with i5s that run very well, get brought down to a crawling 10 or lower fps from say 20-40 fps on a server. This is most notable when vehicles pass by. Hueys and offroad vehicles usually hit harder for some reason. This never used to be a problem for me, even with the lower amounts of frames I tend to run.

*Got a good enough rig to run fairly good settings with smooth gameplay? Post on my thread regarding cpus and dayz! Link in the signature below!*

Edited by Prototype771

Don't have different models. Make the sound files for the virals slightly different. If there are several zombies around, you don't quite know until you engage them.

Why?

(ps: they are darker and more bloody)

Now the next encounter you will doubt yourself, use a safer zombie disposal option, aim for the head or pay closer attention to the zombies. All of this draws you into the world. Being able to immedatley and accuractly assess every threat, 100% of the time, makes the game boring, sterile and perfunctory.

You could say the same about alert-levels: being able to know how much attention you're gathering using a gauge is unrealistic and makes the game sterile and boring. Let's not forget all health indicators, descriptions of items (why not just learn to recognize them all?), the side chat, and your spawn location being revealed to you.

I think that the vast majority of players will agree with making the distinction more obvious. Nothing is stupider than getting infected after your first zombie attack because an indistinguishable viral zed hit you. It just ruins the experience and prompts half of the afflicted (with or without good kits) to commit suicide. When I spawned yesterday, the FIRST TIME a single zed hit me, I got infected. No bleeding, just infection. There was no point continuing the life.

Furthermore, if a zed is viral, then there should be some visual association between their sickness and skin and animations. After all, this infection is serious enough to kill a human in little over an hour.

For example, viral zeds could:

-have blisters, boils, and puffiness

-cough, vomit, or spit out blood at times

-be covered in vomit, spit, mucus etc.

-move a bit slower or intermittently collapse to the ground

It's nonsense to have to treat every zombie in the game like it can infect you in one hit. Maybe this would be tolerable if the infection weren't so severe, or if antibiotics were more common. But now the mechanic basically forces people to bypass it by respawning. Any mechanic that is dickhead enough to do this on a large scale pretty much ruins the gaming experience.

Wut? Viral zombies are easy to identify, they are covered in blood on their chest and face. Very easy to tell from almost any distance.

• Like 1

I thought they were pretty obvious already tbh

Thanks for the pic, it really helps clear up the difference ^.^