Grief.exe

Questions About DayZ Logo (Font, Background Render, etc)

I am designing an OT over at Neogaf and I have a few questions on the DayZ logo so I can create a few similar ones with different lettering.

Where did the logo come from? Who originally designed it?

What is the font of the logo?

Where did the background image come from?

Thanks

5uSpgOe.png

Edited by Grief.exe

What's an OT or a Neogaf?

Anyhoo, off the top of my head, You could try a Trade Gothic black condensed, or a BC variation on Swiss 721.

The font is a very plain helvetica condensed family that's been fairly stylized so you can pretty much use any Black-condensed sans serif.

If you can use a vector editor like Adobe Illustrator, you can easily tweak such fonts to match the Logo.

What would you like to spell out?

• Like 1

Neogaf is one of the largest gaming forums on the internet. Great place for some solid discussion.

An OT on GAF is a thread dedicated to discussion of a specific game. We coordinate who gets to do what game, and I got the chance to do the DayZ Standalone OT. Sorry for not explaining a bit more, I reread the OP and I can see how it needed some context.

I was planning on splitting up the OT into three sections

• DayZ- General information about the game (Just going to use the standard logo for this section)
  • Updates - I'll use this section to post patch notes, news, etc
  • Changes - Going to post the changes from the mod to the standalone. Information about the client/server architecture, skeleton/animation changes, etc.

So I was looking for a logo titled 'Updates' and a logo titled 'Changes'

Edited by Grief.exe

first prize for being the largest gaming forum no one ever had heard of ^^

There was a Gametrailers episode on Neogaf recently

http://tinyurl.com/mv6gbhp

Had to use TinyURL since this forum tries to put /media tags, like a youtube video, and it doesn't work.

Edited by Grief.exe

and the 2nd price for your video which is not working... :unsure:

and the 3rd for a (never heard of) page with only 2 categories... dumping all posts in 2 categories is not very well sorted and clear in my opinion... :blink:

so for me this largest gaming community is a big joke... :lol:

and the 2nd price for your video which is not working... :unsure:

and the 3rd for a (never heard of) page with only 2 categories... dumping all posts in 2 categories is not very well sorted and clear in my opinion... :blink:

so for me this largest gaming community is a big joke... :lol:

You are quite antagonistic aren't you? Why do you feel the need to do this? I never said it was the largest gaming community, just one of the larger ones.

This forum was trying to put /media tags on that video and would not let me change them to /url, this was causing the video to not play.

I changed it to a tinyurl link if you are still interested. Links directly to Gametrailers site.

Edited by Grief.exe