DayzForumer

What's your opinion on the 1.7.7 patch? (POLL)

What's your opinion on the 1.7.7 patch?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on the 1.7.7 patch?

Protip: if you're going to copycat other people and especially the use of everyone's favourite buzzword "adapt", at least learn how to spell it.

oh wow, you found one whos not a native englishspeaker - you know what there are about 6.5 billion OTHER people who are NOT! Congrats you found ONE!

i helped test this patch i know what it is and what the difference is. its not harder to play its just more boring less fun. why do people its a skill based game it isnt.

i dont need to adapt its easy to get by zombies and get the stuff required if i need them but it just takes more time which isnt wanted.

more time needed IS wanted - why should they change the loottable and spawntime that dramaticly than? uh, ehm, maybe to make it harder and more challanging to find stuff you need? to not let get everyboddy get fullgeared after 10 minutes?

if anyboddy complaining that it takes more time to get geared than you are just wrong in that types of games, sorry. its not COD! its not ment to be deathmatch - deathmatch is also fun, sure - but thats just the wrong place for it. the "fun" is to get geared up OVER TIME and suvive. not to hunt other people because there is nothing else left to do after 10 minutes of looting!

tha patch goes ALL in the RIGHT WAY!

and its following rockets intentions!

"DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations." - rocket
as said carry on youll kill your own mod. fun first functionality second.

see above

the "fun", if you want to call it so, is to live in an scenario that hopefully will never happen. Who ever told you apocalypse will be "FUN"? are you kidding?

Edited by quattro_ger
  • Like 1

I'm assuming you mean going to a hospital is no longer the best place to find medical supplies?

The new loot makes sense to me, in a situation like this with people all around becoming ill to some mysterious disease and all society breaking down i'm pretty sure one of the first places to get raided would be the hospital for medical supplies.

These supplies would then either get used up or get spread around as people succumbed to the illness or got their face bit/shot off.

And from a gameplay point of view it encourages players to slow down a bit, now that shitty little village with only a handfull of residential spawns is worth stopping at just in the hope of grabbing some antibiotics.

A few things:-

The new loot makes sense to me, in a situation like this with people all around becoming ill to some mysterious disease and all society breaking down i'm pretty sure one of the first places to get raided would be the hospital for medical supplies.

These supplies would then either get used up or get spread around as people succumbed to the illness or got their face bit/shot off.

That surely makes the assumption that you are in a later stage of the situation? For example the hospital that you allude to starts after a server re-spawn with fresh windows, things like that indicate to me that the are is fairly new to apocalypse and you are a new arrival to the area so it would make sense for their to be medical supplies at the hospital.

The game can't simulate progression or time because we all play at different times at different stages so the 'world' of Day Z effectively refreshes itself so new players enter at a fairly new stage. Your hypothesis doesn't either really fit that well with a new spawn who has nothing, if the apocalypse had been going on a while your character would have stuff or how else has he survived this long.

It's entirely logical for a decent amount of medical supplies to be in the hospital IMO.

Secondly

And from a gameplay point of view it encourages players to slow down a bit, now that shitty little village with only a handfull of residential spawns is worth stopping at just in the hope of grabbing some antibiotics.

That decision should be up to the player no? He shouldn't be forced to stop in that village, well every village for one elusive piece of loot that an annoying gameplay mechanic has forced upon him with no logic as to why that loot is there. That turns the game into some sort of glorified easter egg hunt.

On what earth is it more logical to find antibiotics in a random house more than at a hospital?

Infection was fine as it is, an occasional thing that happened from various sources. They could have made it a bit more interesting but what they have done is over the top, your supposed to be surviving the whole world not just the infection, some poeple should naturally just fight it off for a start and shouldn't even need anti-biotics.

• Like 1

the fun is to live in an scenario that hopefully will never happen. Who ever told you apocalypse will be "FUN"? are you kidding?

oh wow, I should've know I wasn't supposed to have "FUN".

Cruel, Dark and brutal

Cruelty comes from the other players.

Dark comes from the good and inmersive design of the maps-

Burtal? Idk, what's brutal about this game?

My main objective should be have fun with other players, not to avoid zombies and pray for loot.

The patch is an improvement in general. But there is two areas that seems to be not working. Firstly Zombies seem to have a very long line of sight. Secondly. Certain loot areas seem to be completely empty of any gear.

I used to be able to survive for weeks at a time. But now I die within very short periods of time. I literally run out of food and water because I can not find anything to hunt with and can get anything while looting.

Also it seems that cheating is rampant. Played today. Died two times because I can not find food and water. Then got instantly killed twice by single shots while running at fulll speed! No bleeding out (Full health.).

I have been shot in the head at close range before and I didn't even die so fast!

Asked alot of players how to get food and water and they said it is no problem. I know that they are cheating because they didn't even know about the the new way of getting it.

I see guys ignoring zombies and not seeming to take any damage from it. Hell, they don't even get knocked down!

This patch benefit the cheater. The harder it is to get loot the bigger the advantage to the one that hacks.

I love this game; but I don't play it to get frustrated. So I will rather play something else till it change again.

Maybe L4D2 is game for you - it is super fun and loot - there is TONS of loot, and zeds are tottaly stupid

I played it a lot myself too, but really - I don't want that in Dayz

My main objective should be have fun with other players, not to avoid zombies and pray for loot.

than this is just the wrong game for your needs now. its nothing bad about that.

if fast pacing action is yours and you like the apocalyptic scenario, well, ever tried Left 4 dead? i guess that is the more stisfieng experience for you. special whan you are, as from you mentioned, low on time to play.

Edited by quattro_ger

Maybe L4D2 is game for you - it is super fun and loot - there is TONS of loot, and zeds are tottaly stupid

I played it a lot myself too, but really - I don't want that in Dayz

Did I say I wanted a mindless game? no, I want something in bewtween this and 1.7.6.1.

Stop assuming I don't get the point of this game.

more time needed IS wanted - why should they change the loottable and spawntime that dramaticly than? uh, ehm, maybe to make it harder and more challanging to find stuff you need? to not let get everyboddy get fullgeared after 10 minutes?

Please explain to me how making the loot tables with very low chances is making the game more challenging? That's purely time consuming nothing more.

Adding the crafting system now that would be a new challenge, you would be looking for specific items, you could have some ingenuity, you would find uses for stuff you didn;t previously see valuable, people might trade for stuff more etc etc. Changing the loot tables just makes looting up longer, it makes the game more about searching the whole map, searching every spot for simple things.

Fair enough make high end gear rarer but it's like saying cars should be rare, huh? like 10% of the population is left in the world there would be some items that we would be overflowing with, go into a proper real life supermarket it has enough food for thousands and thousands of people, suddenly cut that down to 100 people and they would take months and months to get through that amount. Imagine stumbling into a container port or a big storage area or one of those massive food depots.

Before was boring, the only thing fun to do was killing players and that was all, now i find myself killing zombies and avoiding them like plague unlike before they were merely spectators, so now we get to treat both zombies and players like menaces wich increases the fun factor imho.

• Like 2

Before was boring, the only thing fun to do was killing players and that was all, now i find myself killing zombies and avoiding them like plague unlike before they were merely spectators, so now we get to treat both zombies and players like menaces wich increases the fun factor imho.

Seeing as this seems to be an acceptable response, go left4dead can crank the difficulty right up if you interested in fighting superhuman AI.

AI is by nature boring, hence why far more people play multiplayer games, because humans are unpredictable you just don;t know what you are going to get. Plus humans have to obey the rules of the game (unless they are hacking)

The current zombies we have defy the laws of physics and are not very plausible, they are very clearly cheating AI, much like the computer predicting where you dribble in FIFA or the AI enemy soldiers knowing your exact location in any FPS campaign.

That ruins the immersion and for me ruins the game.

No one says this game should be 'deathmatch' or 'easy' but it damn well shouldn't be about god mode AI. Zombies are the background to this game, make them the foreground and there is no difference to left4dead or any other generic single player zombie game.

Now if they gave players the option of being a zombie...................

Edited by tajjuk

Please explain to me how making the loot tables with very low chances is making the game more challenging? That's purely time consuming nothing more.

Well, what does the word "challenging" mean?

http://en.wiktionary...ki/challenging:

challenging (comparative more challenging, superlative most challenging)

1. Difficult, hard to do.

so by lowering food and drinks it is harder satisfie you hunger, by lowering the loot everything gets more challenging because harder to become and in that case time to get these things has increased because its harder to find - so it more challenging.

... people might trade for stuff more etc etc. Changing the loot tables just makes looting up longer, it makes the game more about searching the whole map, searching every spot for simple things.

so its more challenging now, because you actual have to SEARCH for it, even for simple things!

Fair enough make high end gear rarer but it's like saying cars should be rare, huh? like 10% of the population is left in the world there would be some items that we would be overflowing with, go into a proper real life supermarket it has enough food for thousands and thousands of people, suddenly cut that down to 100 people and they would take months and months to get through that amount. Imagine stumbling into a container port or a big storage area or one of those massive food depots.

did you se a mall in chernaruss?

i only see small stores with low numbers of racks in it. how long do you think these racks will be filled?

chernarus is NOT a high populated area - there are no Superstores, as you can see.

and those small stores will be looted within hours!

Edited by quattro_ger

Well, what does the word "challenging" mean?

http://en.wiktionary...ki/challenging:

so by lowering food and drinks it is harder satisfie you hunger, by lowering the loot everything gets more challenging because harder to become and in that case time to get these things has increased because its harder to find - so it more challenging.

so its more challenging now, because you actual have to SEARCH for it, even for simple things!

did you se a mall in chernaruss?

i only see small stores with low numbers of racks in it. how long do you think these racks will be filled?

chernarus is NOT a high populated area - there are no Superstores, as you can see.

and those small stores will be looted within hours!

Simply it;s not harder, iT JUST TAKES LONGER TO DO.

That's not challenging that's time-consuming. Does it take any more skill, ability, thinking? NOPE. It just simply takes more time.

As for the second bit it's a game, those 'cities' are ridiculous and nothing really like a city, I live in village bigger than that and it doesn't have a hospital, but it's a game you don't take everything literally.

Also as I said further up depends when you think the game is set, if our character has survived for this long in a zombie apocalypse why does he start with nothing, have no place to live, no no one etc etc. All the signs in the game point to just after the even has happened not years down the line.

Also as I said further up depends when you think the game is set, if our character has survived for this long in a zombie apocalypse why does he start with nothing, have no place to live, no no one etc etc. All the signs in the game point to just after the even has happened not years down the line.

Character has not survived THAT long in apocalypse when he starts with nothing, he was on some cruise boat which sank and character woke up at the coast line with hangover, bandages and painkiller (for headache) and then started DAY1 in a fuked up country full of zeds

I would be satisfied, but the broken zed aggro is annoying. That makes me unsatisfied.

Simply it;s not harder, iT JUST TAKES LONGER TO DO.

That's not challenging that's time-consuming. Does it take any more skill, ability, thinking? NOPE. It just simply takes more time.

..and if you have to search longer for something its hard to find, right? so finding loot is more challanging... because you have to deal with more zeds, with more ammunition consumpting, with more risk of getting infected...

As for the second bit it's a game, those 'cities' are ridiculous and nothing really like a city, I live in village bigger than that and it doesn't have a hospital, but it's a game you don't take everything literally.

well, you spawn on the coast - maybe you where on a ship or something... who knows - its not told!

but the fact that there are so many baricades, so many burned and rusty cars and tanks it tooked some time till the initial outbrake.

Open the eyes and listen to what the world arround you is telling you in DayZ.

i dont think about thje hospitals - there once was surely a reason why the buildet hospitals in Cherno, elektro and Berenzino. in that situation we have it does not matters WHY.

That surely makes the assumption that you are in a later stage of the situation? For example the hospital that you allude to starts after a server re-spawn with fresh windows, things like that indicate to me that the are is fairly new to apocalypse and you are a new arrival to the area so it would make sense for their to be medical supplies at the hospital.

The game can't simulate progression or time because we all play at different times at different stages so the 'world' of Day Z effectively refreshes itself so new players enter at a fairly new stage. Your hypothesis doesn't either really fit that well with a new spawn who has nothing, if the apocalypse had been going on a while your character would have stuff or how else has he survived this long.

It's entirely logical for a decent amount of medical supplies to be in the hospital IMO.

I'm pretty sure the only reason the hospitals windows are unbroken is because thats how the model for that building is in arma 2, there's no grand design behind it.

Why has my survivor got no gear?

Maybe i've just been robbed by bandits (the uber rare ones that dont kill for no reason)

Maybe i was on a boat that capsized losing all my possessions at sea

Maybe i'd laid down to rest one night in a shed and got woken by a bunch of zeds forcing me to run for my life leaving all my gear.

My assumption that a decent amount of time has passed since the outbreak is based mainly on the evidence i see all around the map, there's signs of very heavy military presence all over the place, i find it dificult to believe that all those roadblocks and burntout vehicles could of just appeared overnight.

Edited by Fluxley

I voted satisfied, with a bit of tweaking this patch could be near perfect imo. I was getting bored with DayZ being too easy to survive and praying that the SA would do something different to make this more difficult, but now the tension is back in the mod. I've racked up 15-20+ hours of 1.7.7 so far and not died, but it has been touch and go at times - as it should be.

The environment in Chernarus has to be as much a threat as bandits and it finally is, combined with the rarity of basic loot now. The result is a good start at adding tension into the basic game... some areas of major cities are virtually no go if players are there now, with the new zombie mechanics.

People having trouble with zombies at the moment - I would say it's worth missing out on targets of interest if it seems too dangerous and you don't think you can control the situation. I've only been infected when taking chances with multiple zombies. As for it taking too much time, well it takes as long as it takes to gear up and always has... Try and enjoy the process.

• Like 1

I think its great! DayZ was a cake run and was too easy! Now im afraid of zombies and even more scared of going to Stary or NWAF as there is so many zombies and its so much more exhilarating, so much fun great job. :D

At first I was annoyed b/c of previous stated reasons but then the patch grew on me... like a fungus(huehue).

I like how the devs are making DayZ a survival game and no longer a DM arena with zombie distractions. Also the new features kind of remind me of the Standalone footage we have seen. Maybe they are giving us a taste of the new game?

At first I was annoyed b/c of previous stated reasons but then the patch grew on me... like a fungus(huehue).

I like how the devs are making DayZ a survival game and no longer a DM arena with zombie distractions. Also the new features kind of remind me of the Standalone footage we have seen. Maybe they are giving us a taste of the new game?

Yeah i agree, zombies scare me again like they used to in the old DayZ, back when i first spawned in for the first time!

did anything happen to the hatchet? i can't find one today... and dayzdb/map doesn't show any spawns for it either.

did anything happen to the hatchet? i can't find one today... and dayzdb/map doesn't show any spawns for it either.

Found one in a truck, and another one in a small industrial building. They're there.

Devs made a good job on this one. Thanks to every person who played role on this patch. Zombies are little bit harder now, that means the real purpose of the game is returning. System on vehicle repairs are also well designed.

Tell your friends about this poll, get them to respond, regardless of their feelings. Balancing the difficulty of a simulator and the fun of an arcade game is no easy task.

I love flying planes and playing games where I fly planes. But I do find Microsoft Flight Simulator to be way too tedious. I flew a lot of planes in Battlefield 1942 and it was great fun, but once you got past the initial difficulty it became too easy, which lead to players like me being labeled "plane whores," and with good reason. Balance has to be achieved and it is not something one person or even an army of people can easily decide.

As this game is set to be a survival simulation game, finding the balance between fun and simulation is the hardest design task. It takes a great deal of testing and trying new things. We need polls like this and more users responding to them so the development team of both the mod and the standalone have some useful feedback on how their changes are affecting the game. I have thrown my hat in for saying that I like the changes these patch bring to the table. If you do not you deserve to have your opinion.

If the poll continues in this direction I think it would show the community is behind these changes, at the same time there seems to be a significant section that is not. What this would mean is that overall the changes are appreciated and some tweaks are what are needed to smooth the transition.

Unfortunately there hasn't really been enough responses to this poll to get a real read on the community.

Tell your friends, for the good of the mod!

Edited by Fonebook

I like pretty much all the changes in this patch. The increased difficulty of the zombies is a welcome change, and the rarity of loot is really shaking things up.

My only complaint would be the terminator like persistence some zombies seem to have now for chasing you. Even if you weave through some bushes or objects and break the line of sight, some of the zombies still seem to home in on you, ignoring the obstacles in between. I used to be really good at losing zombies, to the point it was second nature, but now I seem to have to lose their sight at least 10 times before they stop. But, it's not all zombies, only a select few that have this uncanny ability to chase me down and stay on my tail, perhaps they're Kenyan?