Sign in to follow this  
Aporis

All about DayZ Standalone in one Thread! Pics,Vids and posts.

I didn't get it! When he said "We’ve set a date now – a window of about a week.", what did he mean with that?

They ment that: between tomorrow and 2 months they already have a week where they are going to aim to release it then. So its NOT next week i thought so too earlier.

lol the video i actually posted was as old as my DayZ career o,o

Edited by Aporis

They ment that: between tomorrow and 2 months they already have a week where they are going to aim to release it then. So its NOT next week i thought so too earlier.

That makes no sense what so ever- that's like a really bad oh-snap story, ie

Two Zeds are talking to each-others:

Zed-1 tells Zed-2: "Within a week I will give you an fresh brain"

Zed-2 responds: "Oh sweet!"

*A week pases*

Zed-2 aproaches Zed-1 and asks him: "duuuude, whatever happened to that fresh brain?"

Zed-1 grunts and responds: "Well I never told you WHEN that week would be now did I?"

TROLOLOLOL HURR DURR BRAIIINNNNSSS

The way I understood his comment was "We have most alpha-things done and we have the goal of releasing this game within a week, however which SPECIFIC day in that week it's rolling out is still somethings we'd like to keep to ourselves."

Edited by SpecOpSpruce

That makes no sense what so ever- that's like a really bad oh-snap story, ie

Two Zeds are talking to each-others:

Zed-1 tells Zed-2: "Within a week I will give you an fresh brain"

Zed-2 responds: "Oh sweet!"

*A week pases*

Zed-2 aproaches Zed-1 and asks him: "duuuude, whatever happened to that fresh brain?"

Zed-1 grunts and responds: "Well I never told you WHEN that week would be now did I?"

TROLOLOLOL HURR DURR BRAIIINNNNSSS

The way I understood his comment was "We have most alpha-things done and we have the goal of releasing this game within a week, however which SPECIFIC day in that week it's rolling out is still somethings we'd like to keep to ourselves."

They set a window for release and that window is about a week. So they have a week in which they want to release it but they may delay it if needed. It is not next week it will be out some time or else they would of said otherwise and in the video he talks about new features coming in next week and such.

I got it as the 50.000 keys would be sold in the week after the meeting/interview. But meh.. *shrugs*

I got the info from SmashT

All buildings enterable (confirmed) ----- that aint right, rocket and matt said that almost all building ... not all.

All buildings enterable (confirmed) ----- that aint right, rocket and matt said that almost all building ... not all.

95% that can be said all buildings, And I just copied it.

They set a window for release and that window is about a week. So they have a week in which they want to release it but they may delay it if needed. It is not next week it will be out some time or else they would of said otherwise and in the video he talks about new features coming in next week and such.

[ Old news ]

vg247.com @ May 28, 2013

>DayZ Standalone limited alpha test begins, public alpha on track

>DayZ creator Dean “Rocket” Hall has confirmed that a small-scale alpha of DayZ Standalone – the separate version of his popular ARMA II zombie mod – has started, with a public alpha still planned to begin in June.

PC-Gamer @ May 29 2013

>DayZ Standalone now in closed alpha testing, paid public alpha still on track for June

[ New news ]

Rezzed Developer Sessions @ 23 jun 2013

"we've set a date now, a like window about a week, and we're not gonna, we're not gonna say when that is because we-we originally we'd gonna release them and 50.000 keys increments but we decided to do- kind of everything all together"

My brain translates this into:

"Forget about closed alpha, that's gone, instead we're gonna polish that build a little more and release it to everyone VERY shortly".

And that makes perfect sense because he's also spoken about how much he wants this thing out so that they can receive feedback and start improving the game.

Imma wait till monday then I'll pick up some other game and install over the space I reserved for DayZ because I'm bloody floppn' tired of waiting.

Imma wait till monday then I'll pick up some other game and install over the space I reserved for DayZ because I'm bloody floppn' tired of waiting.

Would you rather they release it early, and have it so buggy that is basically unplayable? Yes its Alpha, and there are due to be bugs, but it has to be playable to a certain degree...

I bet then people would bitch "OMFG, why was this game released with all these issues, this sucks!". Yet if it takes its time coming out, they go; "My god! why is this game taking so damn long to come out, jesus this game sucks!"

All you people do is bitch and moan, i swear to god people are never satisfied. Yes people are tired of waiting, but in the end it would be worth it so that it can live up to expectations that people have given it. What im more tired of is the constant bitching.

Oh and the release date of a window of a week made perfect sense, go relearn the English language (for people that didn't understand it).

Edited by Ishamaelronin
  • Like 1

2nio0v7.jpg

• Like 2

Would you rather they release it early, and have it so buggy that is basically unplayable? Yes its Alpha, and there are due to be bugs, but it has to be playable to a certain degree...

YESSSssssss I would, Ive played so many buggy games and a huge number of the dayz-core has played the stalker games, these has got to be one of the buggiest games of mankind and during each update you were crossing your fingers that the game wouldn't corrupt your saves but it happened, several times and the game had a ton of game-breaking bugs such as uncompleteable main missions, missing and/or dead main story characters- as an alpha I don't even expect it to run properly on my computer, if at all, then I'll wait till it does or consider buying a new computer for it.
Oh and the release date of a window of a week made perfect sense, go relearn the English language (for people that didn't understand it).
Looks to me that you're the one that doesn't understand, the subject was the release date which makes it utterly useless in saying "some week somewhere" because that doesn't say anything at all, that's like re-doing the duke nukem forever deal "coming fall", *fall comes* "OH! WE DIDNT MEANT THIS FALL, WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT? HAHAHA YOU'RE SO DUMB!".

Some other things you're failing to grasp is that we've already been told june for both closed and opened alpha, another thing rocket has told us is that they want this thing out as soon as possible so that they can revive feedback and improve the mod.

Maybe you find my English to be very poor but I find your research in this topic to be non-existent.

Edited by SpecOpSpruce

YESSSssssss I would, Ive played so many buggy games and a huge number of the dayz-core has played the stalker games, these has got to be one of the buggiest games of mankind and during each update you were crossing your fingers that the game wouldn't corrupt your saves but it happened, several times and the game had a ton of game-breaking bugs such as uncompleteable main missions, missing and/or dead main story characters- as an alpha I don't even expect it to run properly on my computer, if at all, then I'll wait till it does or consider buying a new computer for it.

Looks to me that you're the one that doesn't understand, the subject was the release date which makes it utterly useless in saying "some week somewhere" because that doesn't say anything at all, that's like re-doing the duke nukem forever deal "coming fall", *fall comes* "OH! WE DIDNT MEANT THIS FALL, WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT? HAHAHA YOU'RE SO DUMB!".

Some other things you're failing to grasp is that we've already been told june for both closed and opened alpha, another thing rocket has told us is that they want this thing out as soon as possible so that they can revive feedback and improve the mod.

Maybe you find my English to be very poor but I find your research in this topic to be non-existent.

June June june... They did not promise anything!

@SpecOpSpruce, this might help you understand....

I'm pretty sure (100% actually) that he didn't, he did say they were holding a review in June though, perhaps that's where you guys are getting confused. Trust me, if he'd set a release date for June we'd know about it.

Now that's from one of the DayZ Mod members.

@SpecOpSpruce, this might help you understand....

Now that's from one of the DayZ Mod members.

Yea I get it, dates means absolutely nothing, news topics like "open alpha on track for june" means nothing, the game will come out late this year, fine.

Yea I get it, dates means absolutely nothing, news topics like "open alpha on track for june" means nothing, the game will come out late this year, fine.

Their could be a number of unforeseen circumstances which may or may not have delayed it from being released. Its all just speculation at the moment and you're not the only one who's anticipating the release of the Standalone. But all we can do is wait.

It's not a secret that gaming "journalists" will misconstrue every little thing in order to just get more clicks. Hell it even has a direct quote from Rocket there in the article that tells you the truth.

“We’re going to review the situation in June,”

Not "We are releasing in June". It's best to just pay attention to what Rocket says and ignore the articles about what he says; because what he said is that under the best possible conditions the earliest it could possibly release is June. And even then he never said they would with certainty release in June, only that he'd review the progress.

• Like 2

Thanks for the thread Aporis

Edited by AtomQuark
  • Like 1

[ Old news ]

vg247.com @ May 28, 2013

>DayZ Standalone limited alpha test begins, public alpha on track

>DayZ creator Dean “Rocket” Hall has confirmed that a small-scale alpha of DayZ Standalone – the separate version of his popular ARMA II zombie mod – has started, with a public alpha still planned to begin in June.

PC-Gamer @ May 29 2013

>DayZ Standalone now in closed alpha testing, paid public alpha still on track for June

[ New news ]

Rezzed Developer Sessions @ 23 jun 2013

"we've set a date now, a like window about a week, and we're not gonna, we're not gonna say when that is because we-we originally we'd gonna release them and 50.000 keys increments but we decided to do- kind of everything all together"

My brain translates this into:

"Forget about closed alpha, that's gone, instead we're gonna polish that build a little more and release it to everyone VERY shortly".

And that makes perfect sense because he's also spoken about how much he wants this thing out so that they can receive feedback and start improving the game.

Just go get a larger hard drive on monday, and you wont have to reserve a space for standalone.

Edited by AtomQuark

Just go get a larger hard drive on monday, and you wont have to reserve a space for standalone.
SSDs are small by nature.

Thanks for the thread Aporis

Thank you for reading it :)

I saw another episode where Fry returns back to the past as a clone for a long time and then returns back to the future under another name. So he sees his dog again, really off topic just had to say.

• Like 1