Sign in to follow this  
linuxas21

How to choose a server?

Good evening survivors. Tonight I got kinda simple question. Well, I've been playing on servers like 4 star day z or zombies go home, but I don't feel that these servers might be the dominant ones. Could anyone give me a tip on how to chose a server? I don't care if it gives any gear or anything, the only thing I care about is, stability and something that is rather close to 'global' or official server. For example people in trading topic don't even mention which server is the gear on. I am not sure if all the gear stays on all servers, but I've not experienced any of that, probably because I only played in 'private hives'. Could anyone tell me how to find or play on the servers everyone plays?

• Like 1

Okay here is how it works

Public Hive: This is the official dayz servers. All official dayz serves are connect to the public hive (main Hive). Therefor all your gear is saved on the main hive and your gear can be accessed through all the dayz official servers

Private Hive: These servers are the unofficial servers of dayz. They run off of one hive (which is the server that its running off of). So your gear can only be accessed off of that server. It will not go onto the public hive.

In my opinion i rather choose servers that make it a challenge to get stuff. AKA- Public Hive

Yes! Public hive, this is what I've been searching for! But how to connect to them. I cannot find them in dayz commander, anyone tell me how to get to them :/

Anyone? Tell me how to connect to a public give, please. All I can find is private hives. How do I find public ones?

On Dayz commander scroll down and there is hide unofficial. Check that and you will be left with only Public Hives- You should join US 679 its a nice server.

public hives are the way to go!

I do however still have fun on private hives.

goodluck!

Edited by methr1k2dop3

On the bottom left you can tick a box that says 'hide unofficial servers', basically this will list all the official servers for you, aka public hive servers. I play on the public hive and I personally enjoy things alot more, the only downside is that hackers tend to be a bit more common.