Sign in to follow this  
Maderas

Tin cans, how do they work?

I keep reading people saying you can use tin cans and empty bottles to lure zombies away and sneak past them.

How?

Seriously. I had an inventory loaded with tin cans yesterday and when I found a house I wanted to sneak into, throwing them into the street did nothing. I even threw one right next to a zombie and he didn't acknowledge it whatsoever (he did spot me laying in a bush from about 50 meters away when he decided to turn around of his own accord, though, so that was nice). Am I missing something?

They'll slowly make their way over to the sound. Whiskey bottles work better.

I had a problem with the cans as well. I had a zombie walkin towards me at about 20meters so I chucked a can which landed 10m in front of him at his 2 oclock, he continued on his path towards me, and maybe 6 seconds passed by before he turned around (maybe it was part of his path, i dont know). Im assuming it was his natural path, because they are very reactionary now even if im hidden and quiet.

But maybe, Im just not used to the new super zombie senses since 1.7.1 (ish).

They are great for breaking windows too. Like the ones outside hospitals.

See, I don't get this either. I tried that once before and couldn't get the glass doors to break after like 5-6 cans. Maybe it's because I wasn't hitting straight enough, it's somewhat annoying your character fires it off at a 45 degree angle like a trebuchet rather than in the general vicinity of what you're aiming at.

That's a good tip, I'll have to try that. I used a grenade once, that was very effective too; but was a bit noisy :-) Thanks.