Kashus

Ok, now once was funny but 3 times is a bit much..

And thusly' date=' I am *allowed to do so* also. I'm simply suggestion adding to an existing thread on the same topic to help keep the thread rollover down.

Your choice, my choice, we have so many choices.. What a wonderous happy world it is.

[/quote']

No b/c your post just made you the same annoying troll who you usually troll with those responses. PARADOX?!

Fuck. OK i got nothing.

Yea we need a splint option or something. There should be multiple ways to cure a broken bone because it's so debilitating that you basically have to start over if you get unlucky. (trust me, i've done my fair share of crawling looking for morphine to realize that it's bugged out and not spawning.)

PROTIP: best way to go upstairs prone is to turn sideways and strafe up until you're on them, then straighten out. You have to find the right orientation to go up on certain stairs (some you have to face left and some you have to face right)

Here is my suggestion. Broken bones only last 15 minutes. Long enough for it to suck ass' date=' but short enough that it doesn't equal a death.

[/quote']

Broken bones don't just magically heal.. you can't put a timer on a broken bone.. we don't all have the healing factor of Wolverine. While Morphine is a bit unrealistic as it allows you to pop bone back in place, at least it's something. The problem isn't with zombies being to strong.. it's with the fact they can see you from anywhere and your chance to evade them is slim. I still believe they're working on this and tweaking as they go.

I disagree. His post lacks a lot of detail and is not very constructive. It seems more like a rant to me but that's just my opinion. People can use the excuse that they're "just" providing feedback.. but it seems to me a lot of these posts show way to much emotion and not enough real detail. Also there are lots of threads on these issues.. not to mention this is more of a suggestion.

He doesn't need to post a suggestion. Rocket is more than smart enough to fix shit himself without a thousand armchair devs posting retarded ideas.

He posted an ISSUE -- that broken bones basically put you in purgatory now that we start without morphine. Not a BUG for the bug reports forum, or a suggestion for the suggestions forum, but a general issue he had with the latest patch. And a pretty unique issue as far as I've seen.

Yea we need a splint option or something. There should be multiple ways to cure a broken bone because it's so debilitating that you basically have to start over if you get unlucky. (trust me' date=' i've done my fair share of crawling looking for morphine to realize that it's bugged out and not spawning.)

PROTIP: best way to go upstairs prone is to turn sideways and strafe up until you're on them, then straighten out. You have to find the right orientation to go up on certain stairs (some you have to face left and some you have to face right)

[/quote']

If you could use your primary rifle gun for a splint...

Broken bones don't just magically heal.. you can't put a timer on a broken bone.. we don't all have the healing factor of Wolverine. While Morphine is a bit unrealistic as it allows you to pop bone back in place' date=' at least it's something. The problem isn't with zombies being to strong.. it's with the fact they can see you from anywhere and your chance to evade them is slim. I still believe they're working on this and tweaking as they go.

[/quote']

The retardation is strong with this one.

BROKEN BONES DON'T MAGICALLY HEAL. I KNOW MORPHINE DOESN'T HEAL IT EITHER BUT WHATEVER.

If you *must* have a realistic feature let's make it sprains instead of broken bones. Wait 15 minutes for it to heal or just pop some morphine and push through it.

Good. You are frustrated' date=' enough to come here and post about it. Now clean out your pants restart your character and continue your job AS AN ALPHA TESTER!

[/quote']

Oh shut the fuck up. He has every right to come here and 'moan' this game can be fucking irritating, Alpha or not

No, the fact that's is Alpha is the very reason why it's being irritating doesn't matter. It's not in a stage meant to appease or make people's game play good or bad. It's in a testing phase and we've been allowed the opportunity to assist in its development. If you're irritated then you're obviously not interested in simply providing feedback to devs. You're actually playing it.. with the intent to progress.. even though it's an Alpha. You can get mad an curse at anyone who says "Alpha" but it's a fact.. accept it.. or just do something else until it's in Beta or beyond. I'm not saying that as a thread or insult.. you and him will be much happier until then.

So, does morphine not spawn anymore or was that guy just being sarcastic when he mentioned items missing from the loot tables?

Broken bones don't just magically heal.. you can't put a timer on a broken bone.. we don't all have the healing factor of Wolverine. While Morphine is a bit unrealistic as it allows you to pop bone back in place' date=' at least it's something. The problem isn't with zombies being to strong.. it's with the fact they can see you from anywhere and your chance to evade them is slim. I still believe they're working on this and tweaking as they go.

[/quote']

The retardation is strong with this one.

BROKEN BONES DON'T MAGICALLY HEAL. I KNOW MORPHINE DOESN'T HEAL IT EITHER BUT WHATEVER.

If you *must* have a realistic feature let's make it sprains instead of broken bones. Wait 15 minutes for it to heal or just pop some morphine and push through it.

Listen, that was just my opinion. Your need to insult and aggravate and then provide an equal if not the exact same type of solution that I pointed out achieves nothing. If you want to hate that's up to you.. I prefer to just ignore your posts going forward.

Yes, in my opinion morphine seems preferable to a timer. And if realism matters at all.. I choose that. Obviously civilized discussion is beyond you... but I'll just ignore your next barage of insults. I have no intention of dealing with people like that.

Listen' date=' that was just my opinion.[/quote']

Your opinion is stupid.

Your need to insult and aggravate and then provide an equal if not the exact same type of solution that I pointed out achieves nothing.

You didn't post a solution' date=' and the "solution" I posted was just repeating HIS idea of a 15 minute timeout except I renamed "broken" to "sprained" you fucking gerbil.

Yes, in my opinion morphine seems preferable to a timer. And if realism matters at all.. I choose that.

Realism has nothing to do with your preference in this case. Whining about realism and then being okay with morphine fixing bones all in the same post is my definition of retarded. No one cares what you choose.

but I'll just ignore your next barage of insults

I'm not posting for you, I'm posting for everyone to see how stupid you are.

Listen' date=' that was just my opinion.[/quote']

Your opinion is stupid.

Your need to insult and aggravate and then provide an equal if not the exact same type of solution that I pointed out achieves nothing.

You didn't post a solution' date=' and the "solution" I posted was just repeating HIS idea of a 15 minute timeout except I renamed "broken" to "sprained" you fucking gerbil.

Yes, in my opinion morphine seems preferable to a timer. And if realism matters at all.. I choose that.

Realism has nothing to do with your preference in this case. Whining about realism and then being okay with morphine fixing bones all in the same post is my definition of retarded. No one cares what you choose.

but I'll just ignore your next barage of insults

I'm not posting for you' date=' I'm posting for everyone to see how stupid you are.

[/quote']

This thread has lost control due to your inability to control yourself and emotions. I'm sorry you can't say two words without insulting someone. Your only goal now is to defend the OP who was obviously venting with a very undetailed clarification of the problem then congratulate yourself on what you perceive to be witty. No, I read his post and it definitely belongs in the suggestion section. Sure, Rocket will read it but if he really cared about describing the problem he would not have posted with the tone and form he did.. this was frustration and venting.. and even that's ok if he provided good information. Also it's not that unique an issue.

And no matter what you think about what I've said already.. I just gave my opinion (even if you don't care about it) and I did not insult anyone. Anyway, this is not productive anymore so post whatever you want. I'd rather actually assist and discuss with those who aren't looking to stroke their own ego. Enjoy the thread.

When will you "IT'S ALPHA HERP DERP" retards realize that if nobody points out the flaws (IN AN ALPHA HERP DERP) the game will never get out of the alpha phase?

Grow the fuck up and quit knee jerking any time somebody posts. Idiots.

This.

In the meantime' date=' go test, report bugs, suggest... suggestions.

[/quote']

not to mention this is more of a suggestion.

"Go make suggestions!"' date=' "This is wrong because it is a suggestion!"

(lol, seriously dude?)

Broken bones don't just magically heal.. you can't put a timer on a broken bone.

Actually, how do you think that shit happens in real life? There are cells called osteocytes and osteoblasts and osteoclasts always crawling around inside and around bones. They constantly dissolve away bits of bone and constantly lay down new bits of bone. When a bone breaks the physical stresses and chemical signals attract more of these cells to lay down more new bone. Where the two broken ends of a bone touch the new bone laid down "glues" them together. Over time all the bone around the break gets dissolved and rebuilt bit by bit, effectively erasing the crack.

But no, you're right, morphine instantaneously and permanently healing broken bones makes way more sense than letting them heal over time. Holy hell man, are you actually trying to be logical or did you just paint yourself into a corner playing Rocket's lapdog?

Listen' date=' that was just my opinion. Your need to insult and aggravate[/quote']

So let me get this straight. If you state an opinion, it should totally be respected and treated fairly.... unless, of course, that opinion differs from what is currently in place - then, "STFU ALPHA". Got it.

Love this community. LOVE.

And no matter what you think about what I've said already.. I just gave my opinion (even if you don't care about it) and I did not insult anyone.

I think our culture has misappropriated a finite supply of hatred towards rudeness, allowing idiots like you a free pass on their fair share. I aim to correct this inequity.

Good. You are frustrated' date=' enough to come here and post about it. Now clean out your pants restart your character and continue your job AS AN ALPHA TESTER!

[/quote']

Oh shut the fuck up. He has every right to come here and 'moan' this game can be fucking irritating, Alpha or not

No, the fact that's is Alpha is the very reason why it's being irritating doesn't matter. It's not in a stage meant to appease or make people's game play good or bad. It's in a testing phase and we've been allowed the opportunity to assist in its development. If you're irritated then you're obviously not interested in simply providing feedback to devs. You're actually playing it.. with the intent to progress.. even though it's an Alpha. You can get mad an curse at anyone who says "Alpha" but it's a fact.. accept it.. or just do something else until it's in Beta or beyond. I'm not saying that as a thread or insult.. you and him will be much happier until then.

Actually, getting irritated is exactly the point of being a tester. If I am irritated and I express why I am irritated then by its very definition am I providing feedback. I did not offer a suggestion, because at the time I had no suggestion. You have contradicted yourself at least twice already in this thread, so I can see why you want to avoid it now. I am not sure how much more detail you wanted from my original post, but I think you can get the gist of it. I explained my issue and why it was frustrating, instead of writing a dissertation on it. Short and to the point. You can ride off on that high horse now.

Seriously, why all the hate in this thread? I happen to play this game with the OP, and perhaps his post was a bit of venting, but you should all realize that it illuminates what happens to be an issue in the game right now. We were talking about this in ventrilo, and determined that zombies are currently far more likely to cause such a debilitating injury than you are likely to find a cure for said injury!

Seriously, how often do you guys find morphine laying around? In my experience, it has been very rarely, and I've ALWAYS picked it up. Most often, it's been in military locations, or off of other dead players. I'm not sure if I've ever found it in houses, and visiting one of those pages listing detailed loot spawn chances seems to suggest it can't spawn in residential locations at all, and only rarely in industrial and military spawns, or more commonly in hospitals. Couple the low probability of finding it with the much increased probability of NEEDING it after contact with the zeds, and you have the issue underlying the whole point of this thread. Call it whining if you want, but this is a discussion forum, and this is exactly the place to talk about issues like this.

This also happened to me, endured for a good few hours, then got a broken bone from climbing out a boat (lols) crawled about 6km to a hospital (lols) got outside it, its all glass panes and I have no gun (gg spawns) so I end up suiciding outside the hospital. (Herpa derp). A timer that runs offline would be ideal, make it a bit more brutal perhaps, like an hour or so?

Seriously' date=' how often do you guys find morphine laying around? In my experience, it has been very rarely, and I've ALWAYS picked it up. Most often, it's been in military locations, or off of other dead players.

[/quote']

You can find medical supplies in HOSPITALS actually. You can find them in Cherno, Elektro, and Berezino afaik.

So while your issue was unique (breaking bones = purgatory for newbies), it was probably SO hard for you b/c you didn't know that fact.

Seriously' date=' how often do you guys find morphine laying around? In my experience, it has been very rarely, and I've ALWAYS picked it up. Most often, it's been in military locations, or off of other dead players.

[/quote']

You can find medical supplies in HOSPITALS actually. You can find them in Cherno, Elektro, and Berezino afaik.

So while your issue was unique (breaking bones = purgatory for newbies), it was probably SO hard for you b/c you didn't know that fact.

Did you cherry-pick that quote of mine? I mentioned hospitals only two sentences past this quote, SeptusCap, so I'm not sure how you arrived at your conclusion. The point I was trying to make was that leg-breaking happens so much more often now, that the cure for that status ought to be proportionately more common as well. Prior to this update, I never felt the NEED to visit hospitals to stock up on morphine the way I do now, and those morphines seem to vanish alarmingly fast once I'm forced to fight. I'm scared to be caught out of crawling distance of one those three cities, which I'd rather not visit at all if I had the choice, being the death magnets that they are.

Yeah' date=' because a corpse can break a bone easy right? That's realistic, huh. Rotting corpse is strong enough to break bones one shot and only morphine can fix a broken bone right?

Thanks for the response Riner, you're what this community doesn't need.

[/quote']

Well said! :D

I wouldn't mind a 10 minute wait. That or the ability to use an axe or a primary as a crutch and can only fire when prone or sitting down.

Realism vs. Having fun. I dont want the game to be to realistic then it detracts from the fun factor. like having a broken leg in a zombie apocalypse would pretty much signal the end for you i think ( if your alone ) its realistic but not too much fun in the game. I think you gota draw the line somewhere. I like the sprain idea better not such a game ender, also the timer idea sounds good. Just lets not forsake an idea just because its not "realistic" enough.

Did you cherry-pick that quote of mine? I mentioned hospitals only two sentences past this quote' date=' SeptusCap, so I'm not sure how you arrived at your conclusion. The point I was trying to make was that leg-breaking happens so much more often now, that the cure for that status ought to be proportionately more common as well. Prior to this update, I never felt the NEED to visit hospitals to stock up on morphine the way I do now, and those morphines seem to vanish alarmingly fast once I'm forced to fight. I'm scared to be caught out of crawling distance of one those three cities, which I'd rather not visit at all if I had the choice, being the death magnets that they are.

[/quote']

I missed that post, but hospital runs are pretty common for things like blood bags anyway. Usually I just leave the morphine, but if I need it I'll definitely stock up on 10+