Sign in to follow this  
OneGunSalute

Should I get ArmA 2: CO for this or wait?

So, as the title says, I know there's no release date as of yet for the standalone so, would it be in my best interest to go ahead and get Combined Ops now for the mod or should I just wait and get the standalone?

The cheapest I have found Combined Ops is on the Bohemia store for $19.95.

• Like 1

Hello there

do a search of the forums. this topic comes up on an almost daily basis.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

My apologies, I didn't think to search as I didn't know if the relevancy of topics changed daily. Thanks for the responses however, I appreciate it.

Just my $.02

It's $25, and if you're wanting to play now, just get it now. Release could get pushed back, and you'll have wasted time reading forums and twiddling your thumbs when you could be learning tons. I just started playing this last week, and if I knew release was in 2 weeks, I would still shill out the cash now. Having a great time, and learning enough to make me dangerous come SA release.

• Like 1

We have no specific idea when the stand alone game will be released. I say buy Arma2 and Arma2's Arrowhead (the two together are called Combined Ops). You can find some good deals and every week or two there's a sale on steam. You will need the free mod, DayZ too from the dayzmod website. :thumbsup:

Some people say wait but the stand alone is a different game based on the mod, it's not going to be the same thing, as far as I understand but I could be wrong.

Me, I love the mod and just wish they'd stop messing about with it every time there's an update. Personally, I recommend trying it. Of course, the stand alone will be on sale via Steam so if you buy Arma2 and the get the free mod you will still have to buy the standalone game if you decide you want to buy and play that too.

Edited by Sula

If you're not going to play just ArmA, I don't think it's worth your money. But if you plan on playing just arma, then yes, but it ASAP.

its not only for dayz. you can also have fun with arma operation arrowhead coop multiplayer. great fun. Its totally worth it. like statik said ;)

Edited by Trollz0r

Steam summer sale is probably coming up in the next month, you could wait a bit and buy it for 50-75% off.

I've kind of been mulling this over still and now I hear there's an Arma 3 DayZ working now too so I'm back at the start sort of. I can do Arma 2 Combined Ops or Arma 3 basically at this point so which is recommended higher?

• Like 1

Arma 3 is not compatible with the DayZ mod. Neither is it necessary to later buy Arma3 when the Standalone DayZ game is released.

I don't know anything about an Arma3 DayZ relationship.

Edited by Sula

I hate these kind of topics.. Its your money do what you want. Or read one of the other 23429 topics that OPs asked the same question.