Sign in to follow this  
Chicken Loot

1.7.7, what I think.

There are many good things that has come with this patch that I think everybody can agree on, such as the mi-8 Heli crash, RPK, Makarov SD, stashes, bug fixes and much more.

But..there are some negatives. Which I also think some of us can agree with.

Infection

Infection is far too easy to get, I personally find it ridiculous as I can barely survive due to becoming infected after just a few hits of zombies. I usually become infected within roughly 5-15 Hits of zeds. But the one thing that makes this bad is the rarity of antibiotics. Finding antibiotics is like trying to find a Mt dew. (I know I'm exaggerating a tiny bit their) But honestly, they are rare as F@#k to find and they unbalance the game horribly. People kill other people to get antibiotics, people no longer team due to risk to infection, peoples objectives are to get hold of antibiotics and it ruins the game for some people because it's just way to hard to survive with such high infection rate and such low antibiotics. - this is a growing issue and needs to be fixed as I know there is a high number of players that dislike the infection rate. And for newer players to mid- experienced players (such as myself) it does nothing but makes DayZ unplayable and just generally No Fun :( They need to stabilise by increasing antibiotic spawn rate or lowering infection rate.

zombies tackling

I personally think this can be a good thing if maintained and kept under control, at the moment their are a number of players including me that believe that the tackling rate is way to high. I get tackled down roughly every 1-4 hits and it gets very annoying and then after being tackled I usually then get pummelled as i'm getting up by zombies which is then followed by infection then eventually...you can guess it. Death.

I believe that this should be lowered to a reasonable rate. (you guys can decide what a healthy and reasonable tackling rate should be)

If I had to decide, I would rather have the old patch than 1.7.7 because 1.7.7 in my opinion is absolutely Terrible.

Edited by Chicken Loot
  • Like 3

i feel like a broken record with these 1.7.7 threads.

Check out some other parts of the forum!

They are re working the infection thing.

This is being discussed to death.

But you are not the only one that has a quarrel with new update.

Dont worry, they are probs changing things right now.

Most people hate this new patch, including me!

Thanks!:D

You get infected when zombies hit you right????

So why do you keep letting zombies hit you?

Sneak around, only loot buildings on the outskirts of villages unless you have a good route in. When a zombie does aggro on you, you get plenty of warning. SHOOT IT before it hits you, don't worry too much about headshots just shoot till it drops. You cannot afford to be hit due to infection.

I have played for hours and hours now and have yet to become infected. I now have near full gear myself (with a little luck).

1.7.7 is awesome because zombies are now a challenge. You have to calculate risk and reward just from zombies alone. You can no longer stampede through areas looting only to then lose zombies in a bush. You need to crouch, and prone around zombies and villages.

This is how difficult I want zombies to be, maybe in another way like doing more damage and reduced infection. But it is definitely headed in the right direction.

This is a game with zombies now, not just bandits.

• Like 1

Dont worry, they are probs changing things right now.

Most people hate this new patch, including me!

Thanks! :D

Well I believe they are making infections more controllable and potentially less deadly. This will make zombies easier, to counteract this I would suggest that zombies do maybe 50% more, maybe even double damage compared to what they are doing now. I want zombies to be a real threat./

I know there making the game more challenging, which i like and respect the devs for but you the knock-down animation is just u simply lying down and then trying to get back up is a 5 second wait due to the clunky Arma engine at least make a animation for the knockdown, i think this patch would be a winner if they changed chance of infection to something like 1/20 or something and getting knocked would be due to the ammount of blood your on, meaning that if u are on 12k blood the chance of getting knocked over is like 1/30 because your stronger and more of a healthy person, but if you have 7k blood for example your weaker and more likely to be knocked down by a zombie!

:D

You get infected when zombies hit you right????

So why do you keep letting zombies hit you? THIS<<<

Sneak around, only loot buildings on the outskirts of villages unless you have a good route in. When a zombie does aggro on you, you get plenty of warning. SHOOT IT before it hits you, don't worry too much about headshots just shoot till it drops. You cannot afford to be hit due to infection. BETTER YET GET GOOD WITH AN AXE

I have played for hours and hours now and have yet to become infected. I now have near full gear myself (with a little luck).

1.7.7 is awesome because zombies are now a challenge. You have to calculate risk and reward just from zombies alone. You can no longer stampede through areas looting only to then lose zombies in a bush. You need to crouch, and prone around zombies and villages.

This is how difficult I want zombies to be, maybe in another way like doing more damage and reduced infection. But it is definitely headed in the right direction. I personallhy feel the damage of the infection should be lowered per second but that infection rate shud stay as is, if you can go for a good while when u get infected and eating food regularly keeps your blood levels high i think it will be perfect

This is a game with zombies now, not just bandits. THIS<<<<

I know there making the game more challenging, which i like and respect the devs for but you the knock-down animation is just u simply lying down and then trying to get back up is a 5 second wait due to the clunky Arma engine at least make a animation for the knockdown, i think this patch would be a winner if they changed chance of infection to something like 1/20 or something and getting knocked would be due to the ammount of blood your on, meaning that if u are on 12k blood the chance of getting knocked over is like 1/30 because your stronger and more of a healthy person, but if you have 7k blood for example your weaker and more likely to be knocked down by a zombie!

Ok my advice for you would be 1 Try running less, at all times. only when in the woodlands etc or when fleeing combat etc. i have a mouse button set to toggle walk and jog now so i can hit corners for los or bunches of trees then just crouch walk through and they lose me, if you just run, around zombies, they will now be likely to knock you down some of the time if you get too close. also i think an animation for the knock down is a must and i think there is talk of someone trying to get one done so heres hoping :)

:D

reg ards

I do love the fact that they are making things harder making us have an authentic experience, but what i find is when i do try to survive after being infected it's nearly impossible to find antibiotics I think they should just give players more of a chance to survive infections. But as I now know they are working on ways to make infection more balanced.

And telling me to not get hit by zombies is easier said than done.

Edited by Chicken Loot

To be honest, I think the damage zombies currently inflict is fine, the infection needs to be more controlled and I already know they are developing it further. But the main thing that needs improving is the Zombie AI, it should be totally reworked (and obviously will be in standalone). Once the zeds become smarter they will definitely become far more threatening regardless of increase damage or infection.

Hello there

PLEASE use one of the many existing threads on this.

Rgds

LoK