Sign in to follow this  
Composite Armour

Teach me the bandit ways!

I've been playing this mod since it's birth and I've come along way since then.

I'm able to avoid zombies, bandits, players and trees with the best of 'em.

But I suck at PvP.

I want to end some poor suckers life in Cherno as his hopes were just raised.

I need tips, advice and anything else you can give.

• Like 2

Two really good videos by the Arma Ninja Master himself.

• Like 3

in the second video, was he up against AI, or live opposition? Because either way their level of intelligence was extremely low. Why would anyone sit around, and not even go prone at the very least when enemy/sniper fire is in-bound. He's using an SVD from about 150m away, and the enemy can't even tell a general direction of where it's from?

in the second video, was he up against AI, or live opposition? Because either way their level of intelligence was extremely low. Why would anyone sit around, and not even go prone at the very least when enemy/sniper fire is in-bound. He's using an SVD from about 150m away, and the enemy can't even tell a general direction of where it's from?

It's against other players. I'm not really sure if you paid attention to what he said but the reason for him just firing one shot at a time is because it is hard to locate the source when it comes out of nowhere and is unexpected. It's a good lesson in patience and reading the enemy.

a good bandit is a patient one!

-track the target as best as you can, try not to let him break your line of sight

-always wait for a clear shot. once you get it, take it

-pay attention to target's surroundings, he might be a scout for a larger group and have friends not far behind

-always have an exit strategy

-put yourself around something you can fire behind or take cover behind if need be, try your best to keep the line of sight advantage on your side

-take 1-2 shots and change your location

-aim for the head/chest. lots of people will alt+F4 once they are shot so try to take them down in 1/2 shots

-if you are fired upon first, do not run! return fire as best you can. lots of people shit the bed once the person they are shooting at fires back

lots of good tactics here

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

Edited by Skinwalker
  • Like 1

lots of people shit the bed once the person they are shooting at fires back

So true haha

I'll go more into this later on, but a few very brief tips; stealth is very important. Research some guerilla tactics, what you need to do is use the environment against the enemy.

You need to be very patient aswell. Impatience gets you killed in this game, do not be the first one to make the move - if your enemy knows where you are and yo know where he is and you're both in hiding - wait for him to get out and you'll get the shot on him easily. People get impatient and that's how they die.

Never pointlessly shoot for fun or shoot zombies without an sD weapon unless it is really necessary, as it will reveal your position especially if you have a loud weapon.

While moving even though you think you are safe, still look around as ywhen you think you are safe your guard is down and you are the most vulnerable. Do not trust anyone, under any circumstance, unless you want to take the risk of getting killed - a bandit is someone you don't trust at all.. but then, I've met friendly bandits that were indeed bandits and killed people regularly.

Do not enter cities without scoping them out.

If there are zombies in a town and you are far away from it then that means someone was there and spawned the zombies there.

As you are a bandit you will kill many people, do not run to their body straight away to get your new sweet loot, they might have friends camping their body protecting it.. or someone might run to loot him and you can kill him aswell. Scout the area out and make sure that no-one is surely there before moving.

Have an escape route or a plan of what to do if things go south.

Don't shoot at people moving if you are sniping, wait for them to start looting something - or just stop moving to say, shoot a few zombies..

If you miss your shot, do not panic and run - immediately take a few more if you do not hit. Many players will prone and try to see where the shots are comign from. Sometimes they might take cover behind something but their back will be turned behind you and really they're just making themselves exposed.

Do not panic AT ALL, remain calm and you will win. Do not rush or do stupid stuff.

Sniping does not necessarily require a sniper as it can be done with weapons that have scopes that allow long range shooting.

I'll add more later.

Edited by xeezy
  • Like 5

Bandits, believe it or not, aren't supposed to kill players, but hold them up and steal their gear. At least that's what Rocket thinks they are. So really - to be a true bandit doesn't involve PvP much. If you're good at holding people up.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 2

Well, yes you are correct, however to be a good bandit you need to be good at PvP as most attempts to hold people up will end up in a shootout - nowadays bandits are also just plain murderers, which is something that I despise. I tried being a friendly when I just started playing this game and people just killed me on sight. So since then I've been a bandit, and I've had to adapt my play style to how other bandits play now. If I see someone and he does not see me I let him go, however if he is in a city that I have an interest in looting, I will take him down. If he sees me then I take him down immediately. If he might oppose a threat to me and my squad, I'll take him down aswell. Me and my squad also focus on taking down other bandit groups mostly.

I'll put some more tips later on, and thanks Stevelord.

Edited by xeezy
  • Like 1

It's against other players. I'm not really sure if you paid attention to what he said but the reason for him just firing one shot at a time is because it is hard to locate the source when it comes out of nowhere and is unexpected. It's a good lesson in patience and reading the enemy.

I totally understand why he didn't open up and fire a bunch of rounds. But even one round should at least give a general direction of where the shot came from. The enemy appeared completely clueless. They just sat there, almost motionless. The most they did was take a knee, and not even go prone.

Bandits, believe it or not, aren't supposed to kill players, but hold them up and steal their gear. At least that's what Rocket thinks they are. So really - to be a true bandit doesn't involve PvP much. If you're good at holding people up.

I always thought a Bandit was the type of person who kills to get what they want.

Great tips everyone, I've learned a good bit.

But what early weapon would you recommend going for?

1. Shoot on site

2. Yell friendly then shoot

3. Learn to Stalk

4. Learn to Snipe (Pussy Bandit)

5. Team up

6. Shoot on site

• Like 1

-----------------------------------------

Avoid shooting zombies at all costs

then

Only walk, never run

aaaaaand

Bag of peanuts and ships (Patience)

^^volume set to maximum. Any abnormal sound and I react like a submarine listener.

then the stay and listen is the best one you can get : )

Edited by Drakan

Well... if you come to NE airfield with your best gear and maybe a few friends, I could teach you... you know, it's not like i'd shoot you or anything.

1. Hold up people and shoot only if necessary.

2. Avoid zombies.

3. Know your Surroudings at all times.

4. While plotting events make sure you have a way out if something goes wrong.

5. Don't underestimate your enemies.

6. Carry only items that are necessary for survival.

7. If caught in a fight do not let any of the opponents survive because they might return when you least expect it.

8. Trust no one.

Thats all the Edvice I can give you, its what I do.

• Like 1

Stupid definition of bandit. I love bandits who try to hold me up, you get the drop on them easier. Only tip you need as a bandit is, if you hear "I'm friendly," shoot them.

ed: i guess other tips would be (1) don't love your gear (2) you will die alot, so enjoy your kills and (3) counter snipe the camper snipers, most suck and that's why they are camping.

Edited by boatie

So if i ``hold you up``i cant be sure u arent holding out on any gear. Also he may have friends around not spotted. Wich he comminicates with on ts/skype.

That amongst other reasons makes pasting your ass with lead the superior option.

Most killing on dayz due to the terrain of chernarus, is done at about 350m on average. Way to far to play cops and robbers.

That said succesfull banditing has two sides, and two diffrent doctrines. Both are effective and offer pros and cons.

Sniper:

As in not sniping cherno or elektro nothing to gain there but tears.

Employing this effectively requires you read into the terrain and mindset of others.

Most of the time but not always people tend to think alike when it comes to rout planning.

After all most look for smiliar features of a given route ea concealment etc.

Take a long hard look at the map, try to identify lanes of movement bewteen, zones and towns.

Most people are a bit more relaxed with security when displacing from place to place. As oppsed to how focused they are at a place like NWAF.

I have had great succes ambushing moving targets this way. For the reasons stated above.

Holding up is ineffective because of the ability to combat log. Head shots are the only guaranteed tactic against those cowardly, overly-attached combat loggers. Hopefully in stand alone there will be mechanics in place to enable us to hold-up and rob players. Only time will tell

KOS if your a true bandit.