walou

Include server name in debug monitor.

I don't think this has been suggested before, but it's really simple.

I'dl like to see the server name i'm in on the debug monitor for a few reasons:

- be able to tell people your server for them to join

- remember the server you left vehicles or tents

I once found myself trying to remember the server i was just in that crashed where i was driving a very rare vehicle. And i couldnt remember it.

YES. Server name in the debug monitor would be great. I couldn't tell you how many times I would be talking to friends in mumble/ts3 and be like... SHIT what server am I on and have to either ask or disconnect.

Yes i 2'nd that.

It doesnt have to be in the debug (as it probly isnt there after alpha/beta...) but just a chance to find the info somewhere.

cheers

/sEi

Puzzles me why this sort of thing wouldn't be available already. It's one of the things that often bugs me, when trying to connect with other players that are already in a server, with the dilemma of not being able to see which one it is while playing in it.

very much /signed

To get the server name (in reality the last selected server in the server list) while you're in-game:

Code:

ctrlText((findDisplay 8) displayCtrl 129)

this could be added to the hint box that displays the debug data

_message = _message + format ["\nServer: %1", ctrlText((findDisplay 8) displayCtrl 129)];

hint _message;

To get the server name (in reality the last selected server in the server list) while you're in-game:

Code:

ctrlText((findDisplay 8) displayCtrl 129)

this could be added to the hint box that displays the debug data

_message = _message + format ["\nServer: %1"' date= ctrlText((findDisplay 8) displayCtrl 129)];

hint _message;

Or it could be in the debug monitor, which would be great. Also am I the only one requesting a Debug Monitor toggle?

Or it could be in the debug monitor, which would be great. Also am I the only one requesting a Debug Monitor toggle?

The debug monitor is a hint box, just needs an extra line adding to it

Ref the toggle for the debug monitor, this could be done via an addaction menu entry, so you have to select it and then the hint box would pop up for a few seconds then disappear.

The problem is you cant keep adding action menu items otherwise the list in your action menu gets too big.

However, what you can do is have a "Additional Actions" menu entry, which when selected opens up a nested set of actions that are not as essential or required immediately, thus tidying up the menu action a lot

The intrusive debug monitor should eventually disappear out of Alpha, so another option like above will be needed. What about hard coded in the actual server management section (press M) ?

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

I disagree, it's realistic to have no idea what server you're playing on during the apocalypse...right...erm...ok...

PLEASE SHOW SERVER NAMES! :)