ZombieGrin

ZOMBIE AGGRO RANGE IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Just aggroed zombies while crouch jogging from 300 meters away. The zombie aggro ranges need to go back to 1.6! They were perfect back then. They aggroed you at an appropriate range and stealth was the name of the game. Now all I find myself doing is running at a full sprint into buildings to gun them all down as they come in the door. Aggro range MUST BE NERFED. PLEASE LISTEN! I can only imagine how insane this must be for new players who are starting without a gun and without a clue.

Just aggroed zombies while crouch jogging from 300 meters away. The zombie aggro ranges need to go back to 1.6! They were perfect back then. They aggroed you at an appropriate range and stealth was the name of the game. Now all I find myself doing is running at a full sprint into buildings to gun them all down as they come in the door. Aggro range MUST BE NERFED. PLEASE LISTEN! I can only imagine how insane this must be for new players who are starting without a gun and without a clue.

I agree and so dose my whol clan and alot and i mean alot of people thats bean playing DayZ for a long time, the agro is insane on the zombies.

you really have tyo check in to this its imposebil to even crawel in to citys, and wen we have camps far away from the costline its imposebil to get back to the fun of the game to play whit friends we all end up dead and houers away from echouters.

pleas lower the agro range on the mobs.

best regards /Manlius /BlueDevil

Yup, I've played with at least 6 different people since they've changed the zombie agro and no one likes it

I personally haven't had any troubles with it, sure now the zombies will see me crawling if I am 3 metres away, still if you are that willing to get close to the zombie then you shouldn't complain about aggroing it.

You just need to learn to be at last 5m to 10m away from zombies when shift crawling, not normal crawling or crouch walking. If you want to crouch walk by zombies at 5m and 10m then you are just wanting the game to be more easy and less time comsuming which isn't what this game is aiming to be as a anti-game.

Just only go to towns with barns and 2 entrance houses and lead zombies into there, crawl through the house, then take a sharp turn once you reach the other entrance. The zombies will clog up the entrance and they'll never leave the house or bother you again as long as you don't go back.

X IS TOO DAMN HIGH RETURNS! PRAISE THE FORUM!

Also it really is overkill.

Very true. I just climbed up a latter to reach the roof of a four story building, just to have my guy slam his foot down at the top and aggro 4 zombies that were in the street.

Just only go to towns with barns and 2 entrance houses and lead zombies into there' date=' crawl through the house, then take a sharp turn once you reach the other entrance. The zombies will clog up the entrance and they'll never leave the house or bother you again as long as you don't go back.

[/quote']

This doesn't help. I've had zombies arc around the entire building and quickly catch up to me, even when I'm trying to stealth.

ALSO: I've had zombies aggro me, in the dark, while I'm crawling slowly, from 50 m away.

agreed , range at which zeds aggro is ridiculous. If they are truly mindless , barely cognoscente, and have terrible eye sight how the heck can the be like a heat seeking missile at 300m? The old system was ok , this is just a turn to the complete other end of the spectrum when it comes to how the zeds respond to players in an attempt to make them more difficult to deal with. The reaction to the existence of a player should be delayed not instantaneous.

I personally haven't had any troubles with it' date=' sure now the zombies will see me crawling if I am 3 metres away, still if you are that willing to get close to the zombie then you shouldn't complain about aggroing it.

You just need to learn to be at last 5m to 10m away from zombies when shift crawling, not normal crawling or crouch walking. If you want to crouch walk by zombies at 5m and 10m then you are just wanting the game to be more easy and less time comsuming which isn't what this game is aiming to be as a anti-game.

[/quote']

are you for real ?!?!!? the agro range is insane even wen we crawel, and if we got camps far northe and start at south cost how the hell do you think whgit this agro range of the zombis do you think we can get 7 clan mebers to meet up at the same time agian, we have bean trying for 2 days now noon stop but still only 2 of 7 gets back to the camp, and the camp was taking us a few weeks to build in two difrent spots far north.

we have bean playing DayZ enough to easy say that this is a grave digger patch 1.7.1.4.

i am closing the dorr whit my clan until thius is fixed, we play as a team and cooperativ and its imposebil now we die all the time.

if you shot one zombi you get 10-20 on etch player its insane.

my spelling is not the best but i do understand that the game is totaly fuckt up today.

old video befor the killer pach of DayZ watchit if you got a few minutes-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYba1eZV1Qc

I personally haven't had any troubles with it' date=' sure now the zombies will see me crawling if I am 3 metres away, still if you are that willing to get close to the zombie then you shouldn't complain about aggroing it.

[/quote']

are you for real ?!?!!? the agro range is insane even wen we crawel, and if we got camps far northe and start at south cost how the hell do you think whgit this agro range of the zombis do you think we can get 7 clan mebers to meet up at the same time agian, we have bean trying for 2 days now noon stop but still only 2 of 7 gets back to the camp, and the camp was taking us a few weeks to build in two difrent spots far north.

we have bean playing DayZ enough to easy say that this is a grave digger patch 1.7.1.4.

i am closing the dorr whit my clan until thius is fixed, we play as a team and cooperativ and its imposebil now we die all the time.

my spelling is not the best but i do understand that the game is totaly fuckt up today.

Anyone else's eyes bleeding from trying to read this?

Indeed, either way.

The short story is that him and his clan is too used to the distance knowledge they have of patch 1.7.0 and now can't adapt to 1.7.1.4 aggro distances or don't want to crawl often.

Since many people have explained and said that the aggro isn't a problem with them once they have figured out the new distances from infected or crawl through the towns and buildings.

I am not saying the aggro is perfect but it isn't broken like people are trying to claim, it just means you have to work harder in a game that is made to be a anti-game. Something made to give you a challenge.

[/quote']

Anyone else's eyes bleeding from trying to read this?

then you read it anyway, Trolling is the word for you today :dodgy:

then you read it anyway' date=' Trolling is the word for you today :dodgy:

[/quote']

Or we don't.

i also agree, i think its way too far now, and they still see you through buildings sometimes, happened in shakhovka, and on another note crouch "run" used to only have 2 things of sound now it has 4...if rocket keeps the pov method zombies right now at least change the noise and visibility back down

I hate the new mechanics. When trying to sneak up a deerstand I aggroed a zed from 200m by crouching and I didn't manage to get rid of him for 10min. I was tired of being sneaky with my new char because it doesn't matter if you run into a town or sneak in. So I sprinted into Cherno, aggroed tons of zeds, got into the firestation and somehow they lost me. This is making the game ridicolous.

Agree. It doesn't make it harder as such , but it makes just running through the town an obvious tactic , as they will get to you either way , and you can just lose them by running past a fence. I would much prefer the old way , as we would be able to sneak again.

I also think bleeding upon every hit is a bit over the top too. But if they just went back to how it was before these patches, I wouldn't mind the bleeding.

I hope this was just a sadistic test by the devs. I really do.. lol

agreed... i spawned in a new character today, before i could crouch, prone, or even look around i had 3 zeds sprinting at me out of the town that was probably half a mile down the coast... within 3 minutes of spawn i was bleeding heavily, running away trying to ditch these 3 superzeds and 2 more pull from i dont even know where... so there i was, 5 mins in, finally lost the 5 zeds and bandaged myself with 5k blood remaining... decided to skull drag to the forest so i could get my bearings... halfway up the beach (proned out, moving very carefully since the 5 were still about 100 feet away) i hear a gunshot, stop, and the 5 that were just on me go sprinting towards me since the gunfire came from the other side... im there, in a bush, motionless... and 3 of them go... HEY THAT GUY IS STILL HERE... minute 6: dead. GG

I completely agree. The only way to not make noise is to slow prone crawl (on concrete/pavement, that is; you can also silently fast crawl on grass). This is only possible when you've got your primary weapon out - meaning players who've just spawned and others without primary weapons aren't able to move silently. This is kind of ridiculous, because it means that you need to run around and try to find a primary weapon before you can even hope to not aggro zombies. Which also means that, when you spawn, you've both got no way to defend against zombies, but also no way to avoid them. It really is a silly mechanic.

I'd like to suggest that slow crouching makes you move silently. Try crawling around your house, the grass and on concrete, then try slowly walking everywhere; tell me, which is quieter? Crawling should be to help you not be seen (usually by players; stopping yourself from skylining/silhouetting too badly), while crouching should be to move around silently.

At the very least, there needs to be some way of moving silently for players without primary weapons. I agree that running (crouched or upright) should make quite a bit of noise, but as it is, I attract more zombies running than shooting a Makarov (go running, then shoot a Makarov a few times without ear protection, IRL, and tell me which one made you almost deafened temporarily: that one is the loudest). Running volume should be toned down (or gun volume toned up, to be more realistic, if that is desired) and either fast crawling of slow crouching should be made silent on all surfaces.

The zombie aggro range was perfect when hiding was implemented, why cant we just go back to then?

I agree as well that the stealth element has been utterly destroyed and desperately needs reverting to the 1.6.0.1 system. It wasn't perfect but ten times better than the nonsense we have now.

"DayZ 1.7.1.4 In a nutshell

Its that time again.

We are out of food, water, morphine, bandages and blood packs. Any attempt at stealth is fruitless, we attempted to fire fight our way into a small village to loot two houses, 250 rounds of ammunition later we are 0 feet towards our goal."

I agree with the original poster. Saying stealth made it easy isn't the point. If you remove any incentive to be stealty there is no reason for a crouch or prone button. I have died countless times from either a zombie sensing me through a wall when I am crouch walking , or someone running by with 14 zombies chasing them as i am lying flat on teh gorund that drops the aggro on my head as they run for dear life. That is not in any way a fun mechanic.

The maps are far too large to require belly crawling to every destination "just in case". They need to make a crouched run silent completely but spotable with direct line of sight. They need to make a silent take down possible if you approach any enemy from behind (With or Without a Weapon....the ole neck snap would do )

If you go prone and dont move after breaking line of sight you should also be invisible to zombies and their aggro should reset and they should not just stand around but shuffle off. Giving zombies normal human vision makes no sense. If I get a broken leg and the pain shakes my vision is so blurred I can barely see yet a dude who is dead and came back to life and has half his face missing can spot me in a bush from a click out cause I am crouching? ...that makes no sense...

Giving the zombies vision that is effected by shadow, sound and movement makes perfect sense. They were human before so if your in a shadow and prone you should be invisible to them like you are to most players. If your low running you need to be silent so that people can move about the map efficiently.

The addition of an unarmed kick or push that knocks the zombie down temporarily dazzing them so you can escape would also be welcome as a means of self defense for the 2 undead that end up still chasing you after you ran through 3 houses and did a half mile sprint down a beach to lose them.....