Sign in to follow this  
victusmortuus

The problems I've found so far with 1.7.7

The new patch is out and I've played enough to find the good and bad things that have been put into the mod.

Pros;

• Infected camps are a great edition and do add a bit of panic to finding them with the amount of zombies that spawn.
  • Combining magazines was always a welcome addition.
  • Different zombies wasn't a favourite of mine but it works well.

Cons;

• Zombies knocking you down most times they hit is too over the top
  • Infections are too frequent.
  • Zombies that are aggro'd to your buddy in front of you, hit you constantly as they're faster than you.
  • Zombies hitting you when you're nowhere near them is ridiculous and unbalanced.

Now I understand people want this game to be more about survival than PvP but when the zombies are broken to the core then buffing them in ways like this is never going to work, which is clearly shown in the new patch.

If they can fix the problems I have mentioned then I feel that the patch could work and be accepted, however the bullet points in bold are major problems with the mod and should really be addressed by Razor and his group.

When the Zombies hitting you from 10 meters away is combined with the knocking down effect as well as being infected most times then the game becomes an Antibiotics quest rather than the Dayz I've known to love and loathe. It's really off putting and makes me and many of my friends not want to play.

There IS always the option of putting our server back to the previous patch but I'd really like to see 1.7.7 tweaked for balance rather than losing out on all the great things that have been implemented into the new patch.

Edited by Victus Mortuus
  • Like 19

The infection rate seems very unbalanced now maybe it's just me but i dunno.

• Like 2

Say something more about infected camps pls.

I stopped playing 1.7.7. before i found any.

I think that to many people walk past zombie no problem they wanted to change that.

But if they attack from far away then that is bad.

Say something more about infected camps pls.

I stopped playing 1.7.7. before i found any.

1.7.7 has been out for two days. Patience and reasonable persistence is always a good thing!

As for the actual topic, I agree about the infections and knockdowns.

The knockdowns are fun, but when each zombie knocks you down 1 out of five hits and you've got five zombies on you, you're toast (Not correct stats, but just an example)

As for infections, it does seem a little crazy to me. I'd like the option to be able to pour whiskey over my wounds with even just a chance of getting rid of the infection since antibiotics seem almost impossible to find.

The increased difficulty of the zombies in addition to the reduced loot makes this game unplayable to me. I play this game 12 hours a day for weeks sometimes, and now there is very little chance of staying alive long enough to do anything worthwhile. I switch to a 1.7.6.1 server and suddenly I am in a paradise of fat loot and easily avoided zombies. I think something in between would be ideal.

• Like 8

The increased difficulty of the zombies in addition to the reduced loot makes this game unplayable to me. I play this game 12 hours a day for weeks sometimes, and now there is very little chance of staying alive long enough to do anything worthwhile. I switch to a 1.7.6.1 server and suddenly I am in a paradise of fat loot and easily avoided zombies. I think something in between would be ideal.

Super Agree.

Edited by DopeR
  • Like 2

I'm not having trouble finding loot all, if you need food kill zombies, hatchets are everywhere and found guns here and there

Not having problems finding gear at all, only medical supplies allude me

I like the rare loot it makes the game so much more interesting but I do agree on the zeds. I do love that zombies are a threat again though just don't let me get hit by inspector gadget zombies with go-go gadget arms. Just tune those down just a hair and I say we are almost there!

Ive had a few issues. Perhaps it may just be the specific server I play on (which has never had issues before btw), but here we go.

Pros

New bandit outfit is awesome. I actually feel like its cool to have the bandit skin now. Before it felt dirty and out of place, but now it just feels right. No more rush to find a ghillie suit or camo!

Combining clips. One word: FINALLY!

No more stupid guns! Outlawing thermal weaponry was a step in the right direction, but finally removing those damn anti material rifles. Balance is restored. Can you tell the Origins devs to get rid of the PKP? :)

Cons

Loot isn't spawning properly. I logged in earlier to find lots of loot, only to be kicked and upon returning, loot despawned and under new rules, wont respawn for a long time right? Every heli crash i've been to has had no loot whatsoever. I have also noticed that in places loot and zombies arent spawning correctly too. I long for the day when I find a server that you don't have to wait around for loot to spawn, cause y'know, realism and all that.

Zombie knockdown is OP. I watched a PsiSyndicate video about the new patch and he said it was a 1 in 5 chance or something (yes, i know he isn't the patch notes), but what I have experienced is more like 1 in 1. Its super annoying! They also seem to be damaging without swinging again, which isnt the end of the world, but with the new knockdown it makes it unbearable.

Vehicles saves? I found two vehicles in the middle of Elektro, completely fixed up, full of loot. Is it possible that vehicles arent saving upon restart? I noticed theres now a 'save [vehicle]' mechanic like there used to be ages ago.

Ghilie suit kick. I put one on, got kicked... Caused the aforementioned loot problem.

I hope this is constructive.

• Like 3

Had a slight problem when it came to the Zombies.

Haven't been able to play for a good seven days and just got in today to play with the update, spawned near some minor village (had no map on that server) but there where a few building you could go into.

While standing still and picking up the loot I found a zombie managed to detect me through the wall, this is not something I've experienced with the earlier versions, and this did not happen once. About three to four times it happened before I gave up going to any more building, had to spend a good time trying to get rid of the ones chasing me all the time and that brings me to the second problem.

Running uphill and being behind trees and bushes, even the hill itself did not help shake the zombies, they kept going even if I was a good 200-300 meters from them with all this between us. Feels like I was chased by some infected bloodhounds :P

I didn't even realize there was a new patch, I have been busy with Breaking Point.

• Like 1

I dunno but if a sprinting psychopath hit me i would probably fall over a lot.

Perhaps the chances of knockdown are a tad too high but anything to make the zeds a bigger threat is fine with me.

I dunno but if a sprinting psychopath hit me i would probably fall over a lot.

Perhaps the chances of knockdown are a tad too high but anything to make the zeds a bigger threat is fine with me.

I agree, but not only did they buff the damage zombies do, but they also added tougher zeds. So why a stupid knockdown too?

I really much like the new loot-spawns, that make scavenging more of an adventure. Also I agree on the needed buff to the zeds. BUT the infection is a bit much at the moment. Me and my friends died 10 times combined of infection, making it 90% of our deaths and we did not find a single antibiotic by now. I think if the infected zeds wouldve normal hp it would be ok, but an hour ago i hit one with my crossbow and he ran up to me, to give me the kiss of death....SHIEEEET.

A more careful approach on the ZED problem wouldve been better I guess. Knockdown, Infected, more aggro AND Deadly infections is a bit too much in my opinion. I would really appreciate it, if the infection wouldnt be lethal, but like before letting you hang on 5k blood.

• Like 1

I actually like almost everything about the new zombies. Played several hours yesterday and got knocked down a lot. But I never got infected. I love that they will hit you if you come within two arms length. And they are generally smarter when following you. I was so used to zombies and how to deal with them that I've had to change my tactics. That hasn't happened in a long time. They still walk indoors so DayZ is a game and not a simulation. The lack of loot is annoying though.

And now the real carebears come back out of the wood works now that the game is actually challenging. You aren't supposed to have a cake walk. It is supposed to be hard. Average life span is supposed to be minimal. Angry pyscho bites you, you are probably going to get an infection....just sayin.

There's a difference between being a challenging patch and being an unbalanced, unfun, unrewarding mess. Sure, crawl around as much as you want, good luck with that. Spend 4 hours to grind a character out only to get killed by a hacker bandit. Fun. Trust me, I love Dayz, I've never played CoD, I don't KoS, but this patch is going to be a problem overall with players. I was a preorder SA buyer for sure and the biggest fan of the vanilla mod. Now, if this is sign of things to come, I think I'll wait. SA will tank if it's like this and I want it to succeed as much as anyone. But on patch day, when I had to wait for a line of 12 zombies, in a small town, to all enter and leave a lowly cabin before I could loot tin cans...well...I got a bad feeling.

EDIT: Ways I think would help balance this patch:

1. Viral zeds should not be the stronger ones.

2. Zeds need to lose "superspeed". If one sees me from 100m, I should be able to run away, keeping him at 100m.

3. Loot overall needs to revert to last patch.

4. Now that zeds are more powerful, amount needs to be dialed back. Not up.

5. All of this wouldn't be as bad if there was no hacking. I love survival additions and difficulty, but until hacking is limited again, the risk/reward of spending more time on a character is ruined. Encountered more hacking on secure servers AFTER this patch.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 2

I was very excited for this patch and i generally like all the changes including buffs to zeds and infection there's one problem though LOOT IS SHIT !

I understand that zeds were a non issue before and that it was too easy but and i like the fact that they got buff but finding gear now especially one thing that suddenly became very very important ANTIBIOTICS is nearly impossible.

If you get infected your best bet is die in some place you can come back to and take your gear back rather than wasting your time trying to find antibiotics , it's way faster unless your very lucky.

Other thing is repairing vehicles is soooooo time consuming , once again i know it can't be too easy but this is overkill so in essence ..

LOOT SPAWNS NEED TO BE BUFFED ESPECIALLY ANTIBIOTICS !!

Edited by ChaosMar1ne

Our community complaining about FPS problems. Hoping for a hotfix soon.

I've listed what I don't like and what I think is unbalanced about 1.7.7.

However, I must have been playing on servers with some zombie spawn glitch or something. The amount was simply ridiculous.

Now on a different server(s). Less zombies. No where near as bad.

However, I was fighting off zombies, IMO agro'd zombies alert far too many now, and my crowbar stopped working. I just got the click. Didn't have enough time of course to try rebelting it and rearming. No other weapon to switch too either.

So, I still feel the viral zombies are OP (5-6shots with an m16...really?). Good luck with melee.

Melee is broken and getting swarmed is simply not fair if the mechanic doesn't work right. The melee "sweet spot" needs to be enlarged.

And now the real carebears come back out of the wood works now that the game is actually challenging. You aren't supposed to have a cake walk. It is supposed to be hard. Average life span is supposed to be minimal. Angry pyscho bites you, you are probably going to get an infection....just sayin.

Its not a challenge, its a nuisance

Edited by veryevil

Disappearing tents upon restart.

Duping gear from tents after restart.

Losing ammo when putting the weapon into your backpack.

Edited by Victus Mortuus