Sign in to follow this  
Enfrozt

I'm finding the game unplayable and it seems not matter what, you agro zombies

I've tried actually getting into the game, finding weapons etc and recently I've died about 20 times trying to play.

> Spawn, run to town

>once at a small or large town I try and crouch walk, even holding shift at times to not agro zombies

>almost always agro 1 zombie and not a weapon

>it's pretty much game over after you agro 1 because trying to get away without agroing more is almost impossible.

I've found 3 weapons in my total 40 deaths playing the game.

2 hatchets on 2 attempts, and needless to say they are pretty bad.

I managed to find a shotgun from a dead guy and used it for a bit, until I ran out of ammo and someone killed me off.

--Basically, spawn, no weapon, to get one I need to go to a town, zombies guard towns, no weapon to kill zombie... etc it's a repeating cycle.

Don't tell me to try and be more stealthy and to crawl the way through the city, because I did that and it is no fun. Eventually you want to travel from one store to a next, and you agro a zombie. Also weapon spawns seem stupidly low.

I am new, and understand the game, watched videos know most of the controls but still getting that first weapon and NOT agroing zombies is at best 1/20 shot, even then getting enough ammo is even smaller.

New as well and I went with a different approach...instead of running into a town filled with who knows what, I run the other way, to the hills and the forest...less z, less people and less chance of dying. Granted, the loot is slim pickings, but I'm told you are able to get by...

This is not a game where you are supposed to play rambo running around with a m60...but something all together more magical and fun:D

I'm not literally running, but no matter where I go in a town (remember 40 deaths) I always agro zombies BEFORE I get a weapon. PvP is not even an option because I can never get a weapon because I just die to agro zombies. If I run from zombies, I agro more and it's a cycle.

Im sorry for your bad experiences but honestly you dont understand the game. I mean no offense buddy, but: I just had to restart my character.

After 1.7.1.1 I found myself logging in the debug plains, after running straight SE for 70 minutes i gave up und just had a restart about half an hour ago. I started near Otmel I think, directly on spawning I aggro´ed 2 zeds only by spawning. I Managed to lose them (the zombies are really a bit to aware right now, but the new "losing them" mechanic is great) and run straight into the woods, after about 20 minutes Forrest joggin I reached some castle wich was swarmed with zeds. I took my time, watched them go by and got myself a 1911. Wasnt that hard to get.

You just need to be very carefull, this isnt an action based game. Take your time, let the infected move by and grab what you can at the right moment.

Duplicate thread. This has been posted 100 times. Please use search function then share feedback in an existing thread.. preferably the oldest one.

Feedback is great, but no need to start brand new threads.

I'm not saying I know a ton, I'm obviously new. But waiting and crawling for 30 minutes to have a "chance" at a gun spawn is kind of bad gameplay. Also let's say after the 30minutes I walk 1 step and every zombie around me comes at me, it's over.

I'm relatively new to this game as well, though I started playing right before they took away the Makarovs at spawn. I did the whole Rambo thing. I ran through cities, racked up ammo, food, drinks, you name it. I do admit that I enjoyed it, a lot, but I also enjoy the way it is now.

You can't just go wandering into a large town or city anymore without proper protection, but you don't need to. If you know where to look, you can actually get by just fine without blazing a trail through a city. Factories are good places to find a hatchet, I find one almost every time I go to one. Houses and apartments can sometimes have guns. I found an M1911 with ammo in a random house outside of town.

If you pick up tools like a hunting knife, you can hunt animals and cook your own food. A canteen can be refilled, so you have a constant supply of water. I've had a character survive over a day (he's still alive) without even going to town. And I have plenty of food and water.

The only time you really need to get into a town or city is for guns/ammo/medical supplies. And if you understand a zombie's behavior, and what it takes to be detected, it's not hard sneaking around them at all.