armedtoe (DayZ)

Petition for Mountain Dew on SA Game

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Standalone game contain Mountain Dew?

• Yes
    • No

Looking at the recently posted development build look at E3, it appears that the current food items have been replaced with unusual brand names like Zluta Klasic Soda instead of the traditional Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew has been the coveted item of many DayZ players, often seen as a sign of good luck or even an omen.

I don't think DayZ will be the same without this item.

Uh, I'm not sure it would be even legal for them to use Coke, Pepsi, or Mountain Dew. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Uh, I'm not sure it would be even legal for them to use Coke, Pepsi, or Mountain Dew. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fuck that! Rules are meant to be broken :D

They have to ask at Coca, Pepsi, and the firm that produces Mountain Dew, if they can use the name... But sadly firms often asks money for allowing the name to be used.

Maybe they can do like in movie's industry, use "products placement" and it will be Coca, Pepsi and Co that give money to BI for making an hidden advertising of their products !

Edited by LoulouMekna

There is already a thread about this somewhere, basically the companies were asked but didn't want associated with an end of the world zombie game, they all want to maintain a family brand.

It depends how the company see that ! They could be offusced to see their products uses without permission, like they could be happy to see that they are making free ads ! Don't forget that Coca, Pepsi and co are very powerful, and their team of lawyers too...

Whilst I can empathise with you - it's not really that simple as asking loads of people to sign the petition.

They contacted the companies who are included in the mod (Heinz, Coca-Cola.. etc) and as far as I'm aware, they received no response.

BIS would require permission from the companies themselves, otherwise they could end up in court and having to pay out a settlement.

Fuck that! Rules are meant to be broken :D

If you're willing to foot the bill on copyright infringement, then sure - break them all!

Free advertising for Mt. Dew, why not?

Companies may not want their products associated with violence and horror and that.

Chances are they will not get approval from the Head Offices.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

I don't care about the legalities, I want mountain dew!

My question is, why does everyone want Mtn. Dew? It's not coveted, it's avoided (at least by people who know what they're doing)

And yes, it would cost money.

i actually enjoy getting mountian dew because i survive longer with mountian dew on me

Does it HAVE to be Mountain Dew? I'm fine with them adding some similar obscure product that is also super rare and is coveted but seriously, it's just mountain dew. The only reason you REALLY take it is because it's so rare, just like the Silenced PP-19 (Though the 64 magazine does help, the ammo is so rare and it's so weak.)

There was a topic like this about the beans.

Rocket replied that he had asked the real life companies on the cans for permission, some didn't even reply and others said no.

How about renaming it to hill water that gather on grass in morning soft drink (This is the part where I get the beeins)

• Like 2