Sign in to follow this  
kryvian

A bit of help.

So I've been away for a long time now and I don't know much about how to make the game work no more.

Does Dayz Commander still work?

Is there any other better client?

Are hackers still running amok?

are there more than one helicopter per server in vanilla (and without hacked in)?

any other new vehicles/boats/planes/helis/weapons in the past year?

has anything changed in the hero/bandit system?

do groups like the medics or coalition still operate?

thanks.

I was having login issues after coming back as well, uninstalled and reinstalled Commander and used it to update my games files and everything has worked smoothly for me since.

Commander is still your best bet.

Significantly less hackers than there used to be, but they still lurk here and there.

I believe as of the most recent update you should be getting more heli bang for your buck per server. (Correct me if I'm wrong guys)

Check the patch notes for the just released patch for a few new goodies you might find around..

Hero bandit system remains the same.

All of your favorite groups are still around, in one form or another

thanks.

been thinking of giving dayz origins a try since it gives all those little vehicle modifications and mini quests and secured buildings, tho from what I understood it's kind of obscure/unpopular. worth fiddling with the installation?

Haven't delved in yet... I am curious about it too, but can't seem to find anything to give me the nudge I need to actually jump in and check it out. And with the SA around the corner I kind of just want to get as much classic DayZ in as a can with the expectation that I will quit my job, sell my car, and abandon what little social life I tell other people I have to play the SA.. So... I dunno..

• Like 1

Hey, welcome back!

DayZCommander is better than ever.

No, there isn't.

Not if you join a whitelisted private hive. I have a good one if you need one.

I don't know.

There were some new vehicles added.

The Hero/Bandit system is still there unchanged, but the debug monitor was replaced with a journal.

On some servers, but it's mostly private hives now.

• Like 1

with the SA around the corner I kind of just want to get as much classic DayZ in as a can with the expectation that I will quit my job, sell my car, and abandon what little social life I tell other people I have to play the SA.. So... I dunno..

Heh, I know that feel, but it may still be another month or two before released to the public.

I dont' understand why they want youtube stars to play it first?Since everyone will watch their episodes, eagerly waiting to get in the game themselves, they will, in a way, suck the whole fun of discovering new stuff.

@colekern

nice to see the doctors of the wasteland (did I get that right?) still alive.

Edited by kryvian

thanks.

been thinking of giving dayz origins a try since it gives all those little vehicle modifications and mini quests and secured buildings, tho from what I understood it's kind of obscure/unpopular. worth fiddling with the installation?

PLAY ORIGINS. Trust me mate, best decision i have ever made when it comes to Dayz mods.

PLAY ORIGINS. Trust me mate, best decision i have ever made when it comes to Dayz mods.

used to be a hero back in the day and rolled as a solo hermit medic of sorts (oh the giggles when I pached, morphined and blood bagged patients in pitch black in my ghillie suit and they where clueless on wtf just happened).

I see other threads saying it's hard to advance as a hero in the mod of the mod cause it's hard to come across other people.

what exactly gives your karma points and what takes? does killing zombies give karma points? but bandits? etc. any info on dayz origins that I can look over?