TresCom (DayZ)

Ghillie dude at stary....

71 members have voted

1. 1. would you shoot?

• yarah, Bandit! *pew* *Pew* (kills)
    • Nah man, i will give him a chance... (don't kill)
    • Jump off a cliff of frustration which one to choose (i dont know)

You are going to loot stary's military tents.... you approach the tents and see som zombie aggro.... A BUSH WOOKIE! running between the tents checking for loot. You notice he got an as50 and have played for atleast 20 days on the character... he havn't noticed you yet. you don't know if he is a bandit or just a survivor, or maybe even a hero.. you take your aim with your l85a2 holo and..... Oh btw, this bush wookie was me on a server, i was a hero and was very proud of my charecter.... then i got shot by that l85a2 guy. I just want to see your reaction if you where the guy who shot me in this situation.

Ghilie? AS50? Whats a hero gonna do with that. Shoot me when Im not looking. Thats what.

• Like 1

My hero rules are, BANDITS/Guillie/camo on sight soo... im sorry but pew pew.

why is everyone copy my old post XD

Bang Bang, No ghillie who has that gear is going to be friendly.

Seeing as I'm a bodyguard for TMW.. I enjoy an AS50.

Edit: Have I mentioned that I'm at ~70k humanity? Don't make assumptions.

Edited by Saucy

Ghilie? AS50? Whats a hero gonna do with that. Shoot me when Im not looking. Thats what.

Yep this, even if he is a hero he's got to know that running around with that gear makes you look like a bandit. If you have hero skin show it, change into the ghillie and carry the sniper when you are intending to use it. People will make decisions based on the threat level, some will kill on sight whatever but others even bandits might leave the buy alone if he's saying carryring an axe or an ak with a hero outfit. Little things like that will sway their decision to pull that trigger.

• Like 1

I'd be tempted to shoot as nobody uses an AS50 to kill zombies.I haven't actually killed a player or been killed by one(At least on DayZ) yet but that seems like an ideal bandit setup.Sorry you were shot but the other player might have just decided you looked like a huge threat.Had you spotted them if they were leaving town,it'd be over for them.

For those saying that he's in a ghille so shoot him, the hero skin gives coast spawns very often as of now. Anybody who sticks with the hero skin is either lucky, has a camp near the coast, or is a masochist. You say he has an AS50, so he's just going to shoot you in the back; in other words, you're saying he's a bandit in disguise, so you'd shoot him. Does that make you any better than him, even if it is true? Don't try to justify that having an AS50 makes you a bandit without making the assumption that -EVERY- gun makes you a bandit.

A guy with an AS50 and a Ghilly-suite? What would one want with an AS50 in the zombie-apokalypse if not snipe other people?

.50 rifles are a more than clear sign not of Bandits, but of rampant murderers. I am a friendly survivor, but I wouldve dropped you in a blink of an eye with my Shotgun. I dont use L85blabla holo-softice-machine weapons.

A guy with an AS50 and a Ghilly-suite? What would one want with an AS50 in the zombie-apokalypse if not snipe other people?

.50 rifles are a more than clear sign not of Bandits, but of rampant murderers. I am a friendly survivor, but I wouldve dropped you in a blink of an eye with my Shotgun. I dont use L85blabla holo-softice-machine weapons.

So you're a bandit, don't lie to yourself. You'd shoot a man on sight because of his loadout.

A sniper rifle is never used against zombies as it is the worst kind of weapon for use up close,they are used from a distance,why would you need to kill zombies if you are far away? I could not be a bandit as I haven't killed a single player yet,not that I haven't seen any. The logic behind killing him is that he has the loadout of the bandits that sit near the coast,waiting to kill people. A bambi saving hero is highly unlikely to use a long range weapon,not that it wouldn't work to pick off zombies chasing people. That's just how I look at it,I could be wrong to shoot him but 99.9% of players with that kit are bandits so I'll take that chance. BTW,I wouldn't shoot just for him wearing a ghillie suit,he may just have it to hide from and avoid other players.

You notice he got an as50 and have played for atleast 20 days on the character...

Wut ? How could anyone notice this :s

In response to your question, id shoot him without a moments hesitation.

Yes, just because of the AS50. There is no need for a hero or anyone, but a bandit to have an AS50, unless you are sniper support for your squad or some other circumstances. If I saw you with an M4 variant or AK, I wouldn't because I would assume you're friendly. Plus no one would want to shoot any unsilenced gun off in Cherno. Terrible idea. I'd sneak by you, or let you know I was there and keep moving.

I will spare a bush wookie with literally anything other than an AS50. If you're playing support for a squad, what the hell are you doing running around among the tents at Stary? And even if you are hidden somewhere actually providing support, 9/10 times you will drop anyone and anything that looks remotely threatening; do not try and tell me otherwise.

The biggest factor for me is how the player behaves. Stary Sobor is a danger zone and 90% of players present are willing to kill for fear of becoming the victim. Another 9% are literally there just to kill other players. If you are a hero/friendly/etc and don't want to shoot at people, the fairly straightforward answer is don't go to Stary Sobor.

"But there's military loot there!"

Yes, and? What exactly are you planning on doing with the M24 or M4A3 you may find there? Politely give people the opportunity to shoot at you first before killing in self-defense?

INB4 "M4 SD/M9SD/other silenced weapon". Yes, they're a boon to survivors and I've kicked wholesale zombie arse with the Bizon SD, but the chance you're actually going to find one is very slim, and frankly not worth the potential firefight.

Edited by _Gunslinger_

I would have hid, and called out and with a clever selection of questions i would find out who he is. Or i would just ask to have the ghillie removed or be exectued.

Thats how it goes. I even give bandits a chance, but if they dont follow my orders exactly I kill on the spot.

I was help up alone in the radio tower, i told him to leave his guns on the dead body in the hanger across the tower and ill let him in and i had food, water and a fire. He refused, I put numerous rounds into his chest and watched him bleed to death while running away.

Basically if you are trustworthy enough to put a weapon down then it shouldnt be an issue.....but if you dont put it down well then ill put you down.

I even put down an M4SD for a guy so i could get food from him, we traded and parted ways. simple as that

Raven, it's nice to see that you actually give bandits a chance and help others out, but you will encounter people that WILL outsmart you, you will encounter people that will have friends that can SNIPE] you etc.

I kill anyone I see with a sniper rifle on principle, sniper rifles are designed for one thing and one thing only, killing from a distance. AS50/M107 etc are the weapons of choice for cowards.

Xeezy i know, since i am a solo player, anybody with an ally will easily win any encounter or atleast break even with a 1-1 kill. Its happened once before. But now i keep emergency smokes and frags on me at all times, so if i go down, im taking everybody with me, or atleast gonna make the trade off worse for the enemy.

I kill anyone I see with a sniper rifle on principle, sniper rifles are designed for one thing and one thing only, killing from a distance. AS50/M107 etc are the weapons of choice for cowards.

Not the choice for cowards, a sniper is the choice for someone who is selective with their decisions and knows that having a plan and properly scouting means the difference between life and deat, and prefers to make sure that if things go wrong, they have the ability to get away or adjust plans quickly. If you are 5 feet from your enemy thats shooting at you there isnt much room to make adjustments, but if you are sitting a few hundred meters out and see an enemy, you can adjust plans as needed.

Edited by Raven1197
  • Like 1