Sign in to follow this  
eternalcalm

Would appreciate help from someone (I am a noob)

Hey there,

I loved the looks of this game and from the minutes I've been able to play have really fallen in love with it. However I seem to have a lot of trouble finding a server that I can play on or having the right "version" of the game.

I am not the best with computers by any means, but am very coach-able and would be eternally grateful for some one or maybe multiple people to point me in the right direction. I really want to enjoy this game as much as the rest of you!

Thanks!

p.s. I'll check here every few minutes

Hey man, just go and download DayZCommander. You can pick and choose your mod and ArmA version through that, and it'll show you all the servers that are running the same version you are, so you don't have to sift through ones running an older or newer patch.

Edited by Rage VG

Thanks for the reply,

I already had commander, but I repaired it just in case. It seems to me that a lot of the servers I try to join are playing different versions of the game. I realize this may be older or more select servers but it seems to be slim pickings between those and PW servers.

Is there a list of servers that are free to play on, or that have a site that I could join up on?

Thanks for the reply,

I already had commander, but I repaired it just in case. It seems to me that a lot of the servers I try to join are playing different versions of the game. I realize this may be older or more select servers but it seems to be slim pickings between those and PW servers.

Is there a list of servers that are free to play on, or that have a site that I could join up on?

There's a filter that'll hide any servers that run different versions of the mod on the leftmost side of the program. You can also hide passworded servers.

Everyone thanks for the help, I was able to figure everything out thanks to your help!

Thanks for the reply,

I know you figured it out by now but via DayZ Commander install the latest Arma 2 update as well as the latest DayZ update, then 90% of the servers will appear in white text rather than grey text, meaning they run the same version.

If you want to play on a fun server :) with great anit hacks :) and great admins, that don't abuse anything!! You should check out our servers, one is in my sig, and the other just search for Planet F8L Taviana :) We are trying to build up a good community, and you can sign up on our website on www.planetf8l.webs.com. If you wanna, you dont have to sign up to get on our servers or anything but there is tons of good info on there !

Hi!

We have two servers, one public and one private, and we're a great bunch of people to hang out with!

The servers are:

US2419

A vanilla dayz server, and the IP is:

64.31.51.162:2372

Trusted Medics of the Wasteland Private Hive Playground

A private hive that has AI's, the IP is:

146.185.20.210:3408

You can also hop on to our teamspeak if you want to talk and play with us: ts.dayzmedics.com

Hope to see you around!

M