Feral (DayZ)

I believe my key has been stolen

Just logged in to a vanilla server to find my character in a different place to where I left him with entirely different gear, frankly suspicious looking gear. Clearly this key hasn't been banned yet, is there a way to sort this before that occurs?

edit - just spotted the correct thread =/ please move me

Edited by (MUC) Feral

DayZ Staff cant do anything about this , gotta contact BE and hope they actually awnser ;(

• Like 1

Feral, put in a support ticket with BE http://www.battleye.com/support.html and fill them in with info regarding your key issue. Make sure while you are going through this process to remove any dodgy hardware from your computer. If they send you a new copy of the game you will not want this to repeat itself.

Rgds

Steak

• Like 1

thanks guys, will do it now =) I haven't ever downloaded anything dayz related except from BIS and DayZCommander, I was playing on an apparently fake 'GITS' server last week, before I heard that the admins there steal keys, I don't know if this is true or indeed has anything to do with them but the timing is uncanny.

Edited by (MUC) Feral

Feral, put in a support ticket with BE http://www.battleye.com/support.html and fill them in with info regarding your key issue. Make sure while you are going through this process to remove any dodgy hardware from your computer. If they send you a new copy of the game you will not want this to repeat itself.

BE does have control over global bans, however if his key has been stolen there's nothing they can do for him. If anything, he has to contact BI support.

Also, BE does not hand out new copies of the game.

thanks guys, will do it now =) I haven't ever downloaded anything dayz related except from BIS and DayZCommander, I was playing on an apparently fake 'GITS' server last week, before I heard that the admins there steal keys, I don't know if this is true or indeed has anything to do with them but the timing is uncanny.

Your key can not be obtained in-game whatsoever, also there's no real proof that your key has been stolen. I wouldn't worry unless you get something like "CD-Key in use" or even a global ban.