Sign in to follow this  
Masammeg

Dayz servers lagging for me help.

Hey im very new to dayz recently purchased Arma 2 etc but when i play servers usually(chernarus, i tried origins but they just lag completely for some reason) they just seem to lag , sure theres a few exceptions but servers that seem to really appeal to me lag and have frame rate issues with such as aiming my gun or when turning and this is making it really hard to enjoy the game as i see such potential in it, please help me with this problem and tell me what needs to be done.

Specs

Nvidia Geforce gtx660 2gb

Intel i7 ivy bridge 3770k 3.90 ghz

16GB ram

From my specs i really dont feel i should have any problem with this game especially on low settings.

Help :)

Hi,

your specs look good, son in case it's your inet connection:

some things i'd need to know and for you to check:

- pings on different server ?

- LAN / WLAN ?

- bandwith DSL ?

- security setup ?

Well idk how to check my ping but ping is not a issue its more the frame rate.. and i have no idea what you ment by the other things.

use dayz commander to revert to the arma 2 version that the server uses. example, the latest arma 2 patch 105785 lags the hell out of my server that is using version 103419, i reverted back to 103419 last night and i am up to 70 fps. everyone in my clan was having lag issues after the last patch of arma 2, we all reverted last night, and we all had huge gains in fps and abillity to run high to very high settings last night. I hope this helps.

you sir are very misleading, is it lag issue or a FPS issue?

Your processor is good, your video card is good, your RAM is Decent(compare to arma 2 It's Great). one very important piece of hardware you are not listing. That my good sir would be your HARD DRIVE!!!. let me take a wild guess it a standard 7200rpm?