TheCaptn (DayZ)

Show backpacks with ghillie suits.

It doesn't make sense to me that a ghillie suit can magically hide the largest 24-slot backpack in the game.

The ghillie should really be a tactical choice that an individual makes, sacrificing some carrying capacity in favor of greatly decreased visibility.

But I'd like to show backpacks on the ghillies, not make them unwearable. The option to carry that 24-slot pack would still exist, it'd probably just be unwise if you're expecting to make contact.

And there would be a few interesting options. Those czech vest pouches, useless at the moment, would be a low-profile solution that allows the ghillie suited player to carry a few extra supplies (6-slots I believe?). Even the Czech backpack might be considered, as the least visible of the larger packs.

Incidentally, I know it's come up before but the Czech and ALICE packs should really have their capacities swapped; which would make this suggestion even less onerous.

• Like 6

I agree that the backpacks should be visible on the ghillie suit, it would be more realistic.

And other survivers can see which backpack you are carrying.

This should definitely be implemented in the full version along with better vest pouches so you'd really have to choose between huge storage and stealthiness

• Like 1

No. Ghillie suits are fine as they are.

Did you ever read the opening post? It's not about ghillies, it's backpacks

Anything in the development of this game that takes a game-breaking piece of kit but gives it specific drawbacks instead of all advantages is +1 for me.

What if the ghillie suit was a little baggy and the backpack was worn under the ghillie suit ? that would still cover the backpack but make your model look a bit fatter :P

Sorry but hiding the backpack is doable with a ghillie suit :)

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 1

Did you ever read the opening post? It's not about ghillies, it's backpacks

Did YOU read ever read it? It says right there that it will make backpacks show up on GHILLIE SUITS.

I have a ghille suit for hunting and fucking with people and it would be easy to hide a backpack under it becase a lot of ghilles come in two piece so just slide the jacket top over it problem solved

What if the ghillie suit was a little baggy and the backpack was worn under the ghillie suit ? that would still cover the backpack but make your model look a bit fatter :P

Sorry but hiding the backpack is doable with a ghillie suit :)

Sure, if every pack model had a ghille-style alternative with the same dimensions, they could be displayed instead and I'd be totally cool with that. It would be ideal in fact... The problem at the moment is that a very large, fully loaded backpack can be made to disappear entirely, not just covered over or changed in appearance, but invisible.

I suggested it my way because that could presumably be achieved by code alone, it wouldn't require any new or edited models and textures.

I have a ghille suit for hunting and fucking with people and it would be easy to hide a backpack under it because a lot of ghilles come in two piece so just slide the jacket top over it problem solved

Same deal as above... Also if you can successfully wear a jacket over the top of a fully loaded hiking pack (even a nice big waterproof jacket), and then still have the freedom of movement to crawl around and manipulate a rifle (or boomstick handle will do), then youtube that. I'd very much like to see it.

[edit]

And by 'hiking' pack I mean something equivalent to the Czech, ALICE or Coyote backpacks, not those little day packs.

Edited by TheCaptn