thealgerian

1.7.1.4 still drops FPS like a bag of dirt

Hello All,

Guys WTF you are trying to say "AMD GPU,s not good for DayZ or ArmA2 " . Well then i have a killer for you lads,

As part of my job i do test and build hell lots of custom PC,s so that,s way i can say what hardware its ok for Arma or not.

Since i start playing DayZ (it was 1.6.X.X ) i have made lots of test,s with lots of different hardware starting from Intels CPU,s goint to AMD FX and even older Phenom,s and for sure using all GPU,S like NV and AMD , so lets make that simple for you Arma game and DayZ mod its more CPU demanding or even most demanding game since (even fucktard BF3 with pay to win premiun ) do not demand that much CPU power or speed . So for start all AMD guys don't worry to much if you have a quad core CPU @4GHz+ any lower then that forget about good FPS in Arma (when i mean good FPS its 40+ max settings with good GPU) . For all intel lads any one with 2500K or some latest CPU @ 3.6 Ghz you are good . About GPU,s thats total joke from Arma2 devs. the game isint coded to use in full most of GPU,s . some of them yes will be use in 90-100 % but some of them just about 20-40% max. Sure mega problem stays in drivers for GPU,s so to all AMD guys (im one of them , fuck ye call me AMD Funboy) stay tuned for new AMD drivers or try some old ones (11.4 just a hint) or just wait till BIS will fix game code to make AMD card,s runs in full . About latest patch yes in 1.7.1.2 it was mega FPS drop but with 1.7.1.4 its ok . One more thing what i notice with DayZ its a server problem. Some servers run just fine with good FPS even when they are full (50 players) and some servers are fuck up crap even with 10 players . So then make sure you are on good server with good hardware .

"* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)"

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16925

This should be fixed in 1.7.1.5. I'm running on an overclocked i5 2500K' date=' 8GB RAM and an HD6970 2GB and drop to around 10fps or below when being chased/losing zombies.

It's the updated AI that includes more checking; it looks like it will be streamlined for the next hotfix.

[/quote']

Oh please Lord let it be fixed this time. :angel:

AMD 7950 and no problems here.

Just let us knew whith what CPU you have that 7950 ? . I was testing this card last week and hell ye runs fine even with AMD 965 BE @ 3.9Ghz.

thanks, Mark

I just want to say, with 1.7.1.5 i have 60+ Fps, only if 20-30 Zombies chasing me, it will drop to 10-20 Fps.

with 1.7.1 my fps was good actually, had almost every setting on normal, now with 1.7.1.5 its extremely annoying, and since the zombie "search" feature denst work anyways, since they still can sense you through wals when you make a fast turn around one and drop to the ground having 0 audibility and 0 visibility, they still run towards you after turning around the corner like you were standing around upright

My performances are much better with 1.7.1.5 too.

The max it dropped so far was to 19 fps and even then, only for half seconds.

Seems like with each patch/hotfix, our FPS fluctuates from one patch being decent enough without any drops when a few infected are near, then the next messes it up. So all-in-all I think it has NOTHING to do with our systems and is the coding for the game itself, it will take some time to optimise it so I reckon patience is key here.

Stop all this BS about AMD/Intel systems being better or worse and showing off how big your virtual dick is because you have a better rig than some people and can run it at 200+ FPS (Yes, exaggeration...).

I have a GTX 580, so AMD is not the problem. It's beyond unplayable though for me. 15-20 FPS is ridiculous for my card. There is absolutely no reason for it.

I have a GTX 580' date=' so AMD is not the problem. It's beyond unplayable though for me. 15-20 FPS is ridiculous for my card. There is absolutely no reason for it.

[/quote']

Same card, same problems. Kinda sad when you consider the fact that Arma 3 was running at E3 on the same card.

I have a GTX 580' date=' so AMD is not the problem. It's beyond unplayable though for me. 15-20 FPS is ridiculous for my card. There is absolutely no reason for it.

[/quote']

I am not quite sure how Necro'ing a dead thread (while oddly appropriate) about an old patch will help your current issue. I suggest making a thread HERE.

Or maybe a mod will have a better idea where to go.

Take care of your video settings, on low many of the functions are passed to the CPU rather than the GPU so you'll get performance *hits* from lowering the settings. Most important is video memory, keep that on 'default'. Run everything else on high or above and you should be good. The periodic fps slowdowns are a server issue from what I heard, they simply need a reset.