Sign in to follow this  
Foolish (DayZ)

Plz Clean up your Versions

Hey love your game I started playing a few weeks ago and have been trying to enjoy it and it has it's moments but the biggest problem is my freaking server list is literally quartered into servers I can play on due to the fact it looks like this

do you see the problem? as much as hotfixes are needed i'm sure this is making it a pain in the ass because most of these servers that say they are running certain versions arnt because they've found something they don't like and rolled back and never changed their freaking server name.

As your mod gains popularity you need to clean this up and stick to major updates instead of throwing out this spaz amount of updates imo...

as I said love your game just find this crawling through the lists of servers for the one im running on (one of like five atm) is a pain in the ass and could be cut down on with a smaller amount of updates with simply larger content.

I understand you need to beta and test things it's simply that could be done by those willing to do the beta which you could expect these constant hotfixes and the public releases which would be more stable builds with slower times to fixes but you get the point less unstability due to the constant changes.

Go into filters

Type in 1.7.1.4

Enjoy only playing the latest version.

It is not Rocket's fault that some server hosts are lazy and don't update.

Just go to the filter option and type 1.7.1.4 under the hostname filter. You'll only see current servers that way.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Read the OP. Not using the filter isn't the problem.

Many servers are rolling back to earlier versions and not changing the server name, so even if you filter for the latest version you get kicked

because the server is 1 or more versions back.

Read the OP. Not using the filter isn't the problem.

Many servers are rolling back to earlier versions and not changing the server name' date=' so even if you filter for the latest version you get kicked

because the server is 1 or more versions back.

[/quote']

Very true. This whole admin sided mentioning of version, 3d person , ch and so on should not be 'implemented' this way. If someone doesn't update their servername to the latest change they made (lazy / forget) then it can be a real hassle getting on the server with the right settings or version for you.

These type of things should be truly filterable and not the way it is now. If I own a server I can put whatever I want in the servername, but still run completely different settings.

But I guess neither Rocket, the Devteam or this mod being in Alpha stage is to blame for that; I think it's due to the fact how the ARMA2 serverbrowser was made. Clunky...very, very clunky

Very true. This whole admin sided mentioning of version' date=' 3d person , ch and so on should not be 'implemented' this way. If someone doesn't update their servername to the latest change they made (lazy / forget) then it can be a real hassle getting on the server with the right settings or version for you.

These type of things should be truly filterable and not the way it is now. If I own a server I can put whatever I want in the servername, but still run completely different settings.

But I guess neither Rocket, the Devteam or this mod being in Alpha stage is to blame for that; I think it's due to the fact how the ARMA2 serverbrowser was made. Clunky...very, very clunky

[/quote']

I would really love being able to filter out 3DP/CH OFF servers. By the time I spot one the old fashionned way, it's always already full.