I'm in LOVE with the new patch. Why shouldn't survival be challenging? It is very possible to survive, even as a "newbie". Don't stand up or run near zombies. Sneak. Run out of line of sight if spotted by a zombie. Use buildings/interiors to help with this.

You're not being thrown into a battlefield as a trained soldier with everything in your hand. What do you enjoy about this mod? The slow and scary adventures trying to survive, while worrying about the very real threat of players? Or do you simply want to be handed everything required to survive and then just look for players to fight?

rocket' date=' the latest patches are ruining the game

im not talking about the bugs because thats to be expected.

But starting with no gun? you have got to be kidding.

Then you go and totally unbalance the game buy making zombies more tough lol

Come on dude, its not working.

Please put it back to a playable state.

And to anyone about to flame me and start alpha talk listen, its common sense not to do what has been done regarding the latest patches. Its broken and just wont work.

People are allready loosing interest because of these changes.

Thank you

[/quote']

Also if you're playing it "for Fun" as you said because it's a video game.. then you're in the wrong place. Yes, the goal is fun.. but we're actually assisting in the Alpha process and that means it's not always fun. Most game testers don't sit around having a great time. Seems a lot of people bought Arma 2 expecting a finished product with this mod.

Oh so you are here purely to alpha test and report bugs etc and have no fun?

cmon dude thats horseshit and you and i both know it.

sure you will report some bugs but the real redason you are playing is to have fun.

Of course I want to have fun. And many of the previous and even the latest updates I am having fun. But I keep in mind that some changes will probably suck and I may have less or no fun while they're being sorted out or tweaked. I can understand frustration but I try to use it to provide constructive feedback when I can. I'm not great at it, but at least I'm not always threatning to leave or asking for rolebacks. Some people have had good suggestions about rolling back and having specific servers to test newer patches.. that sounds understandable. But a lot of people just want it rolled back for selfish reasons.

I see what you're saying though.. I may have worded my response a little harsh. I figure the most fun will come once they've moved on from Alpha.. could be awhile though. I only said that because he stated it's a video game and thus "should just be fun".. well it's an early Alpha version and not even close to moving on from this stage.. it takes time. I guess we can't expect the exact same degree of patience from everyone.

Rocket, if you read this, please don't listen to these guys. I've had more fun running away from super infected than I have in a long time playing a game.

If possible, can you make it so that I spawn with no legs and I have to let them grow before I can run away? That way I can have maximum hardcores.

i definitely think the idea of starting without the ability to defend ourselves is the single worst decision in the history of video games. i have played this mod non stop for a month at least. but i'm not playing it anymore. i agree with the op that it has ruined the game. i have been shot by who knows how many death matchers and could do nothing but stand there.

and to the genius who said, "do you own a gun? does everybody you know own a gun?" i don't know where you live but here in indiana the answer is most definitely YES. this is america, we ALL own guns. even the criminals are cocked and locked. beer and shooting iron, the two finest things on the planet. speaking of which, hey rocket, could you add liquor stores to the game?

i definitely think the idea of starting without the ability to defend ourselves is the single worst decision in the history of video games. i have played this mod non stop for a month at least. but i'm not playing it anymore. i agree with the op that it has ruined the game. i have been shot by who knows how many death matchers and could do nothing but stand there.

and to the genius who said' date=' "do you own a gun? does everybody you know own a gun?" i don't know where you live but here in indiana the answer is most definitely YES. this is america, we ALL own guns. even the criminals are cocked and locked. beer and shooting iron, the two finest things on the planet. speaking of which, hey rocket, could you add liquor stores to the game?

[/quote']

I don't own a gun >.>

anyways I found one pretty quickly in a barn, and then later I found some ammo ^_^

tho I would prefer to start with a gun... that's simply because OF COURSE I would like to start with a gun, who wouldn't?

Since I just replied to a thread with the exact same content as this I will use my same post.

We should go forward' date=' not backward. Instead of going back to a pervious version, try to think of ways to improve the version we are currently on. I know it's frusterating at times, but we will get past these bugs, and shape this game into something awesome.

[/quote']

That idea is good in theory. Except that a zombie AI change wasn't needed to begin with. Only a zombie strength change was needed. There are other things too, but I'll keep it short.

A Zombie revert back to 1.7 needs to happen. This needs to be scrapped. Let's keep the no gun or melee weapon start. We should also have one can of food and a can of pepsi. High grade ammo should not spawn in the south. As you go north, better loot should spawn. That's how it should be balanced.

The OP is right in that it is way too hard to do anything near a zombie any more. The melee weapon is a good idea. Except that you still need to actually find a melee weapon to defend yourself.

I'm in LOVE with the new patch. Why shouldn't survival be challenging? It is very possible to survive' date=' even as a "newbie". Don't stand up or run near zombies. Sneak. Run out of line of sight if spotted by a zombie. Use buildings/interiors to help with this.

You're not being thrown into a battlefield as a trained soldier with everything in your hand. What do you enjoy about this mod? The slow and scary adventures trying to survive, while worrying about the very real threat of players? Or do you simply want to be handed everything required to survive and then just look for players to fight?

[/quote']

I was prone, 50 feet away from a zombie, not moving. Aggro. You tell me that's balanced. I was enjoying myself before the AI change. Now I'm not. I'm giving my feedback. It is just as relevant as any of yours.

By the way, I'm not a bandit. I can't even get going. If I even look at a zombie from a mile away, the damn thing aggro's.

and to the genius who said' date=' "do you own a gun? does everybody you know own a gun?" i don't know where you live but here in indiana the answer is most definitely YES. this is america, we ALL own guns. even the criminals are cocked and locked. beer and shooting iron, the two finest things on the planet. speaking of which, hey rocket, could you add liquor stores to the game?

[/quote']

I don't own a gun >.>

anyways I found one pretty quickly in a barn, and then later I found some ammo ^_^

tho I would prefer to start with a gun... that's simply because OF COURSE I would like to start with a gun, who wouldn't?

so you're disarmed and proud of it?

Since I just replied to a thread with the exact same content as this I will use my same post.

We should go forward' date=' not backward. Instead of going back to a pervious version, try to think of ways to improve the version we are currently on. I know it's frusterating at times, but we will get past these bugs, and shape this game into something awesome.

[/quote']

That idea is good in theory. Except that a zombie AI change wasn't needed to begin with. Only a zombie strength change was needed. There are other things too, but I'll keep it short.

A Zombie revert back to 1.7 needs to happen. This needs to be scrapped. Let's keep the no gun or melee weapon start. We should also have one can of food and a can of pepsi. High grade ammo should not spawn in the south. As you go north, better loot should spawn. That's how it should be balanced.

The OP is right in that it is way too hard to do anything near a zombie any more. The melee weapon is a good idea. Except that you still need to actually find a melee weapon to defend yourself.

I'm in LOVE with the new patch. Why shouldn't survival be challenging? It is very possible to survive' date=' even as a "newbie". Don't stand up or run near zombies. Sneak. Run out of line of sight if spotted by a zombie. Use buildings/interiors to help with this.

[/quote']

I was prone, 50 feet away from a zombie, not moving. Aggro. You tell me that's balanced. I was enjoying myself before the AI change. Now I'm not. I'm giving my feedback. It is just as relevant as any of yours.

By the way, I'm not a bandit. I can't even get going. If I even look at a zombie from a mile away, the damn thing aggro's.

I don't know if that is an intended feature though. If it is, then I agree that there has to be a change. In .4, I've noticed a few zombies that seem to bug out and spot me regardless of situation, but most of them seem to react only if I make a lot of noise by running around. I'm fine with the latter.

Yes, your feedback is just as relevant. I'm simply asking what people want this mod to be. Prior to this patch, I felt that it was too easy to survive... around zombies, regarding food, thirst, blood, weapons, ammo. After the patch, I had to sneak around without any makarov ammo until I found a hatchet and started chopping zombies up while at ~4000 blood! A risky but lovely experience!

And to anyone about to flame me and start alpha talk listen, its common sense not to do what has been done regarding the latest patches. Its broken and just wont work.

Thank you

[/quote']

Started just fine without a gun. Within about an hour, I had a Winchester, Makarov, ALICE pack, medical supplies, compass, matches, knife, and food and drink to last me days.

Its. Not. That. Hard.

Really.

-{CQF} PV2 Bee

Thank you

[/quote']

I'd love to see your stats on "people are losing interest" Even more of my friends are playing it now than people these latest patches.

Massive majority of people were in favor of removing starting weapon!

We get it, its hard, GET OVER IT. This isn't an arcade game.

The changes are an improvement. Stop whining because survival is actually a challenge now. :-/

This game isn't about PvP deathmatching, nor is it about killing zombies at leisure; it's about survival. The changes work towards that goal.

That idea is good in theory. Except that a zombie AI change wasn't needed to begin with. Only a zombie strength change was needed. There are other things too' date=' but I'll keep it short.

[/quote']

You seem to have some sort of self-entitlement or something. DayZ isn't about how you think things should be, in fact the entire premise of the mod is the complete opposite - that playing it is hard, frustrating and a whirlpool of emotions, which you don't get from a cookie-cutter make-everyone-happy game.

"Balance" in the traditional commercial game sense, is entirely unwelcome here.

Have you even tried running and escaping from zombies? The whole point of the new AI is to introduce a new playstyle - the old zombies were far too predictable and not threatening at all, just crouch/prone around them, if you somehow aggro some, pull them into a building and cap them easily. You're trying to play with zombies as you're used to, you need to shift to the new playstyle, which is either drop them or run for your life.

Just because a change you don't personally agree with comes in, doesn't make it wrong. Suggestions and opinions are fine, but pointing out gameplay changes as if they're a problem is completely wrong.

Wha? No!

It's fucking awesome right now. I'm loving it even more than before!

Just a quick note from a brand new player who isn't familiar with the previous versions or the map, I don't find the lack of weapon to necessarily be a problem, given that I don't know what it was like to play with one. I've put in about five hours of gameplay and died three times, all of these times without ever having found a weapon. It makes the game incredibly tense; however, I've steered clear of almost any towns because of the aggro range on zombies. It's almost impossible to do anything near buildings because, regardless of traveling prone, being smart, avoiding line of sight, zombies are immediately on top of me.

This isn't in comparison to any previous mod version. The aggro range on the zombies actually feels sorely inconsistent. I'll spend a good amount of time moving slowly and carefully through the terrain, only to be ransacked by undead before I've even had a chance to see them. With that kind of acuity, there doesn't seem to be a way to play "smart" except to avoid towns and hope to get lucky.

Also, there seems to be a rather staunch defense of the ability to simply run from zombies, but I haven't been able to outrun one yet. This might be a lapse on my part (something I don't know) but otherwise, I die as soon as I aggro.

Otherwise, I love the alienation and dread that the environment creates, and provided there's just a bit more balance, the lack of weapon start seems apropos.

I hadn't played the .4 version yet, just got home from work. Did the zombies all get super tough after 1.7.0.1 or what? Because these are the same crying comments that I saw for that build as well. I personally perfered the 1.7.0.1 over the 1.7.0.2 that introduced melee and fixed the food spawns. Now that the .4 version has rolled out, has the zombies gotten super sensitive or are you all just so incapable of properly employing stealth? Jeez I could prone crawl within 4 meters of a zed and it not even notice me back in 1.7.0.1.

The fact of the matter is: Rocket is trying this out as a mod before making it a retail game to see how people take to it. For over a decade gamers have been spoonfed, needing not to do anything but react to a situation. They didn't need to think or come at situations with a logical mindset, they had their hands held all the way. This game is hard and unforgiving, you screw up you're dead and lose all your stuff. Games should be like that because the more you succeed, the greater sense of accomplishment you feel. Not these stupid "Achievements" that people see these days. I've been claiming ever since the 2000's showed up how stupid and worthless gaming has become because you never actually felt the need to think for yourself.

So all of you need to man up, society has made you soft and weak by it's hand holding. I perfer a challenge to being spoon fed for the rest of my life.

It's an alpha, crap happens!

Suck it up, report it and move on..

The whole point of us playing at present is to test the hell out of this mod so that Rocket can find, adjust, change and fix problems that can do and WILL happen.

You will die unfairly.

You will loose all your stuff.

You will get face raped by GTFO bugs.

This is all part of 'testing' any game.

Reverts don't fix problems, it does how ever stop progress.

Moving forward bugs will get ironed out, balance will be found, people need patience.

Report the issues and move on.

If you get screwed over by a bugged out build, stop playing for a while, Rocket patches really quick!

But help by reporting the issues you find, crying for reverts etc is not the solution.

Rolling back to a working build does not help things either.

I agree completely with you about the way gaming is going jackknife, but maybe you should actually try playing the update before commenting like this. It's literally impossible to stealth now. I've tried to start 4 characters now and every time I make it to a town I prone around avoiding all zombies, staying out of their line of sight, not moving if I they look at me for a second, and all those things. That's not what makes them aggro, that arena of stealth still works. It's just random. I can be proning through a town nice and slow staying in the shadows then a zombie from across the town comes running at me and brings the whole town with it. These zombies are nowhere near me and there's no way in hell they saw me.

I got an axe ONCE and managed to kill a couple before one broke my leg. Luckily I had found someone so I gave him the axe, died, respawned and came back to him just as he died, then, after logging off and logging back on, the axe disappeared. So I went a little further into town to try and find something, anything, only to accidentally fall off a roof and commit suicide. The roof was about as tall as me, mind you. I don't mind the falling off the roof part, that's funny and it was definitely my fault. The fact that it's impossible to find anything useful without aggroing a full town of zombies is what's ridiculous to me. I still have yet to even see a gun...

I like hard games. When a game is impossible, however, it pisses me off. Make the zombies more powerful, add a ton to the servers, make it impossible to play this game alone, sure. But it's like the zombies all have a wall hack and every time I enter a town a big green sign pops up on me and shouts RUN OVER HERE AND KILL THIS NOOB HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A WEAPON! That's just not fair.

BTW: I'm not in any way supporting a revert. I like the new zombies, I just think they aggro too easily. I actually like the new update as a whole, just this small part I dislike. I get that it's an alpha, all I'm pointing out with this statement was that, in my opinion, the zombies are currently broken and the poster above shouldn't be so quick to judge. Such is life in an alpha test.

Well it's almost virtually impossible to stealth around zombies now.. Somehow a zombie spotted me while I was prone crawling around the harbor while it was swimming on the other side coming after me? Also I snuck into the airfield and made it to the radio tower and I looked and looked for zombies until the coast was clear, made my way up the ladder and out of nowhere a zombie starts climbing up after me..

I've spawned, moved 1 step, and aggrod zeds.

+1 for zombie behaviour and stealth system revert.

It's an alpha' date=' crap happens!

Suck it up, report it and move on..

The whole point of us playing at present is to test the hell out of this mod so that Rocket can find, adjust, change and fix problems that can do and WILL happen.

You will die unfairly.

You will loose all your stuff.

You will get face raped by GTFO bugs.

This is all part of 'testing' any game.

Reverts don't fix problems, it does how ever stop progress.

Moving forward bugs will get ironed out, balance will be found, people need patience.

Report the issues and move on.

If you get screwed over by a bugged out build, stop playing for a while, Rocket patches really quick!

But help by reporting the issues you find, crying for reverts etc is not the solution.

Rolling back to a working build does not help things either.

[/quote']

Reverts fix problems when the system changed didn't need to be changed in the first place. Zombie sensitivity was near perfect before, only strength of zombie needed adjustment.

Are you implying that rolling back to a WORKING build isn't going to help? Read that sentence, because you are the one that wrote it. How does it make sense?

People aren't complaining. They are voicing their opinions about a change that was made. It's clear that a large group feel that the changes didn't help.

Just because someone has something bad to say, and doesn't support your opinion, doesn't mean their thoughts are any less important than yours.

The total loss of stealth is the big problem. Everything else I can handle.

i don't know where you live but here in indiana the answer is most definitely YES. this is america' date=' we ALL own guns. even the criminals are cocked and locked.

[/quote']

I'm not being funny here but, this is Chernarus and most definitely NOT America. Typing as a person who lives in the UK i can say that hardly anybody owns a real (useful for zed murdering) gun in this country.

I totally like the changes so far except one, Zed detection range is crazy. Tonight I was crouch walking through Cherno with zero zeds in sight then all the sudden a zed comes from behind a building when I was stationary, on top of that it was from an area I hadn't walked by yet. Other times they will aggro from the middle of a field from at least 3 times the distance they did in prior builds.

I like the no gun and I like the melee option. I just can't stand Zeds that can see me from crazy distance or behind barriers. I think the sound and visibility need to be lowered a bit while crouching, there's just no reason to crouch through cities anymore might as well just sprint and try to shake the 15-20 you grab.

People aren't complaining. They are voicing their opinions about a change that was made. It's clear that a large group feel that the changes didn't help.

Just because someone has something bad to say' date=' and doesn't support your opinion, doesn't mean their thoughts are any less important than yours.

[/quote']

People are whineing because they refuse to learn the new game mechanics and want to play a deathmatch/pve loot whore game without the need for SURVIVAL.

And from the threads and response it is also fair to say there is a large group of people who love the change also. Just because you happen to be apart of the group who dislikes the change it doesn't mean that the group who loves the change is any smaller.

I do have to agree somewhat as I too feel the frustrations with some of the changes.. I do like a few as well ie. the melee is a must have addition. However I have noticed the pick and play time when starting out again can be hours and hours of wasted frustrations.. Today I spent nearly 6-7 hours just trying to find a gun searching dozens of buildings all I end up with is hordes of zombies in tow. The melee is not effective against large numbers which makes sense but with better zombies evasion i find is near impossible. It used to be more enjoyable to pick up and play a few hours but seems that the balance is gone and I just end up wasting hours upon hours just tryin to find anything of use.. Its a great game I just hope they restore a little more balance.