rocket, the latest patches are ruining the game

im not talking about the bugs because thats to be expected.

But starting with no gun? you have got to be kidding.

Then you go and totally unbalance the game buy making zombies more tough lol

Come on dude, its not working.

Please put it back to a playable state.

And to anyone about to flame me and start alpha talk listen, its common sense not to do what has been done regarding the latest patches. Its broken and just wont work.

People are allready loosing interest because of these changes.

Thank you

rocket' date=' the latest patches are ruining the game

And to anyone about to flame me and start alpha talk listen, its common sense not to do what has been done regarding the latest patches. Its broken and just wont work.

Thank you

[/quote']

I was actually in the same boat as you, but i eventually decided to play on. Starting with out a gun isnt that big a deal. The only problem now is the zombies with super sensitive hearing and eagle eyes.

Since I just replied to a thread with the exact same content as this I will use my same post.

We should go forward, not backward. Instead of going back to a pervious version, try to think of ways to improve the version we are currently on. I know it's frusterating at times, but we will get past these bugs, and shape this game into something awesome.

Do you own a gun IRL? Does everyone you know own a gun IRL?

Define for me "zombie apocalypse". Does that to you mean stomping through hordes of retards?

And to anyone about to flame me and start alpha talk listen' date=' its common sense not to do what has been done regarding the latest patches. Its broken and just wont work.

[/quote']

If by common sense you mean the dreck the games industry has fed you for the past decade, then yes. It is not that. It's an alpha, changes are to be expected. DayZ is an experiment, changes are to be expected. Grow up.

I haven't loosed anything; everything is as tight as ever.

I thought I wouldnt like it but after playing 7 1/2 straight now I kind of like it. What I would love to see would be some meleeweapon to start with. You dont need a gun... they are all over the place.

"But starting with no gun? you have got to be kidding."

Yes - this stopped the death beach. Trust me you don't want to spawn and instantly die.

"Then you go and totally unbalance the game buy making zombies more tough lol"

Infected were actually too easy before, people would literally run past them. Once you learned how the game was over.

"People are allready loosing interest because of these changes."

I just wanted to address this - make sure you say 'I' am losing interest. You are not speaking for me or many others.

Alpha talk yada yada yada, same talk different day. The man is just voicing his opinion, like all Alpha testers- be it he is doing so in a null constructive manner.

What ever happened to adapt and overcome? Is that saying too old for anyone to remember? Is it because every other game spoonfeeds the players to make it as easy as possible? I'm coming to this from BF3, which I still like, but have become fed up with all the changes because EA listens to the whiners that constantly ask for nerfs to make the game easier. Use your brain, learn the game. I started after the gun was taken out at the beginning and I still think it's fun.

You guys forget why we play videogames dont you?

We play for fun, not the other way around.

Im just voicing me concerns.

Thank you.

What ever happened to adapt and overcome? Is that saying too old for anyone to remember? Is it because every other game spoonfeeds the players to make it as easy as possible? I'm coming to this from BF3' date=' which I still like, but have become fed up with all the changes because EA listens to the whiners that constantly ask for nerfs to make the game easier. Use your brain, learn the game. I started after the gun was taken out at the beginning and I still think it's fun.

[/quote']

Adapting is fine as long as its a fair trade.

Its not at the moment and wont be until the guns and other balancing issues are addressed.

And im not asking for a call of duty either. I loved the mod until this happend.

Its ruined it for myself and many others.

Anyways, im off to bed.

Goodnite all.

Thank you

[/quote']

"Some" people are losing interest. Which occurs in ALL games, Alpha, Beta and so on. He's not going just revert everytime a few or even a lot of people don't like the change. I for one am having no issues with the changes. No, I did not start with a ton of weapons when the patch was released. Of course this is my own opinion, but unlike you I'm not speaking for everybody. Lots of people love the changes, go read the other threads.

BUT more importantly, it's an Alpha.. and you're clearly playing it like a finished product, wanting him to revert to make it more fun again just for you. Our job in this phase of the development is to test and provide feedback. While you did provide some feedback, you clearly just want the game to be a certain way when it's unfinished.

People should be appreciative we're allowed to be involved in the Alpha process. Also if you're playing it "for Fun" as you said because it's a video game.. then you're in the wrong place. Yes, the goal is fun.. but we're actually assisting in the Alpha process and that means it's not always fun. Most game testers don't sit around having a great time. Seems a lot of people bought Arma 2 expecting a finished product with this mod.

Do you own a gun IRL? Does everyone you know own a gun IRL?

Define for me "zombie apocalypse". Does that to you mean stomping through hordes of retards?

And to anyone about to flame me and start alpha talk listen' date=' its common sense not to do what has been done regarding the latest patches. Its broken and just wont work.

[/quote']

If by common sense you mean the dreck the games industry has fed you for the past decade, then yes. It is not that. It's an alpha, changes are to be expected. DayZ is an experiment, changes are to be expected. Grow up.

I haven't loosed anything; everything is as tight as ever.

You are going to die. Maybe you die today' date=' maybe you die tomorrow. There's no getting around that. Accept your mortality; the only thing you can change is how and why.

[/quote']

Well said, I couldnt said better.

I was worried about what it was going to be like when I died, well I died yesterday and respawned on the beach with nothing.

Gotta say it's the most fun I've had for quite some time. Yes I have no gun, but I also know that you can lose zombies now.

So I did what any terrified person would do I sprinted my guts out at the nearest house I could get into to see if there was anything around, 2nd house I got into I found a weapon and food, yep got hit once and had to bandage but big deal.

Honestly I am loving what has been done with spawning and the zombies now are just perfect.

Im very happy with the new changes, we are going forward, and if you want a game "just for the lulz" go play CoD dude :D

Thank you

[/quote']

Also if you're playing it "for Fun" as you said because it's a video game.. then you're in the wrong place. Yes, the goal is fun.. but we're actually assisting in the Alpha process and that means it's not always fun. Most game testers don't sit around having a great time. Seems a lot of people bought Arma 2 expecting a finished product with this mod.

Oh so you are here purely to alpha test and report bugs etc and have no fun?

cmon dude thats horseshit and you and i both know it.

sure you will report some bugs but the real redason you are playing is to have fun.

Infected super senses Ftw

It is impossible to enter a city without being detected now.

Stop camping in the woods and come down to see the reality.

I just loaded everything up today, started the game brand new, and expected things to be tough to be sure. But then I spawn with nothing to defend myself. Okay so let's go find stuff. Dead. I watched a lot of videos and streams before I jumped into here so I had an idea that this could happen, but I clocked about 5 minutes. So let's try that again. Spawned in a different area, still no way to defend myself so I try to sneak around, and lo and behold dead in about 5 minutes. So let's try that again and again and again. Never alive more than 10 minutes, and always attacked by a single zombie. Can't get into places that have stuff to loot because zombies guard it all. Can't defend myself because I can't get into places that have the stuff. Will eventually starve to death because I can't find anything from anywhere and always die trying. If I want frustration I will go to work. I play games for the fun factor, and this looked fun. Start with a crappy weapon, some food, some bandages..., and good luck. But not having a way to defend yourself to be able to explore for more than 5 minutes is not that much fun. I think that reverting the code to an earlier build is not going to work because there is always things that get fixed and improved, but putting a starter weapon back is not that hard to move forward into the future with. If the game wants to grow and continue to appeal to people, then pissing new people off as soon as they get out of the gate is not going to win any awards. You will have a dedicated group that sticks things out, but as they get bored and move on that number dwindles. Fix the nonsense so the game can move forward in a positive light.

Devil's Advocate... You have to contiuously over and under the balance system to find a sweet middle spot. I'm sure Rocket is doing just that. He is trying the balance and i'm sure he will hit a sweet spot soon

The only problem now is the zombies with super sensitive hearing and eagle eyes.

And Rocket knows this is borked and is working on it.... as well as balancing the loot spawns and zed toughness. Its going to change...a lot more..... hate to say it...it IS alpha. He is trying stuff out (and sadistically starting with the hardest level and ratcheting it down).

Im as eager as you to play...was REALLY enjoying 1.6.0.1 and 1.7.0...and bummed right now with all the bugs (not having a hatchet and trying to survive up north...SUCKS). Also the food/drink and other spawns still seem off quite a bit. But it will be fixed all in due time...

So for now I have a nice 12 steaks, getting wood from forays into barns on outskirts of towns to minimize zed exposure, and surviving in the woods. Pretty real simulator to me :)

I like spawning without a gun. Unfortunately my torch does not seem to want to turn on, I can point it around but thats it. Anyway, gamma and brightness up and job done.

Since we have now been thrown into a world populated by super zombies, I have found the hatchet to be the best weapon. You can silently slaughter zombies without other players hearing your whereabouts. However since it takes such a long time to switch weapons, the draw back is if you run into anybody then your dead, unless they assume you aren't carrying anything of value or they are amongst the extremely small minority of those who don't kill on sight.

Ok...no guns to start with and eagle eye z...

... at least give us one can of soda or something drinkable...finding a bottle of water or even an empty one should not be that hard. Dying of thirst in a rainstorm next to a water pump is not really realistic, nor fun...

the current aggro range is way out of order

I personally love the way it is now. Sometimes it seems a little ridiculous when a zombie picks up my crouch walking from the other side of a building, but I know it won't be that way forever.

The way it is now gives the player the sense of danger. It gives them a message that zombies have taken over and that they can actually die, very quickly. It also brings a bigger sense of achievement when you manage to gather a bunch of sweet gear and actually do pretty well for yourself. Because it doesn't just feel like it's being handed to you anymore.

Why do all the idiots complaining about starting with no weapon and buffed zombie senses+damage completely ignore the fact that you can now ESCAPE ZOMBIES.

You don't NEED guns, and the idea is to lose zombies before they hurt you.

Just because the mod has taken a different gameplay angle than what you prefer, doesn't make it wrong.

GTFO and don't come back.

I like spawning without a gun. Unfortunately my torch does not seem to want to turn on' date=' I can point it around but thats it. Anyway, gamma and brightness up and job done.[/quote']

Press 'L'