Sign in to follow this  
PuRe DAYZ

Visual effects, Are they an inconvenience?

So i was playing arma II and was playing with the graphics to see what i liked best. i came across the extra visual effects (I Cant remember right if anyone can be bothered can someone please type in what they are called and or what they do) back on track i came across the effects and hated them they lagged up my cpu and made everything really blurry and bloomy. does anyone else just have the texture, shadow, ect on high?

I think you're referring to PPE. In Arma 2 they suck unless you have a super computer.

I know that if your 3D resolution is too low it will make the game look blurry to some extent. Make it higher (100% or more) and see if that helps.

they really need to make it so you can pick and choose what pp effects you want in arma 3/ dayz sa. i hate motion blur with a passion but bloom and stuff is pretty sweet imo.

Demanding a response after 10 minutes...cute.

A beast of a machine and the game can look very nice. Otherwise a lot of stuff renders poorly. Anyone who has played dayz and ran through a forest can attest to that.

Hdr can hurt your framrate a lot. I've found that AA doesn't take up too much, which smoothes out the edges. The fxaa options work okay too, with minimal loss. I usually have mine on high.

• Like 2

I keep most of my settings on low, as this is the default and therefore what a majority of the players in DayZ use. If you put your effects on high you are actually at a disadvantage (for things such as grass at distances and stuff like that)

I hope SA won't force them on us. For 1 single reason: Latency. PPE will add at least 5 ms to every frame in the best case scenario. It is one of the things that ruin my experience playing a game the most ( apart from low framerate).

The COD kiddies will probably want as high FPS as possible. To make sure their K/D-ratio is socially acceptable to their peers.

Personally though, I dont care that much about being at a disadvantage, or even loosing my beans to some little COD-Kiddie-znajpa. I want 100% immersion into this dystopian paradise that is DayZ, so I want it to feel as real as possible. All effects on High for me...

As a 40 year old man I dont expect to be "twitching" as fast as a 12 year old in a video game. But I hope my patience and experience of survival could pay off in the game. As well as my 12 years in the military... A more "real" world, through the use of effects, could mean less focus on "twitch"-skills and more focus on taking it easy and actually be good at the game on another level...?

• Like 2

But I hope my patience and experience of survival could pay off in the game. As well as my 12 years in the military... A more "real" world, through the use of effects, could mean less focus on "twitch"-skills and more focus on taking it easy and actually be good at the game on another level...?

No, you'll just get shot...

The COD kiddies will probably want as high FPS as possible. To make sure their K/D-ratio is socially acceptable to their peers.

Personally though, I dont care that much about being at a disadvantage, or even loosing my beans to some little COD-Kiddie-znajpa. I want 100% immersion into this dystopian paradise that is DayZ, so I want it to feel as real as possible. All effects on High for me...

As a 40 year old man I dont expect to be "twitching" as fast as a 12 year old in a video game. But I hope my patience and experience of survival could pay off in the game. As well as my 12 years in the military... A more "real" world, through the use of effects, could mean less focus on "twitch"-skills and more focus on taking it easy and actually be good at the game on another level...?

Ditto, except a bit older.

L

I turn off Post-Process Effets full stop. Make the game look horrible and blurry. Pretty much everything else I have set to High though and run 60FPS average on DayZ. I keep V-Sync on, nothing worse than recording and having mass amounts of screen tearing, which V-sync stops.

I personally hope some of the graphical settings are locked in place, nothing worse than yourself laying on long grass and on the other persons screen your just laying in an open field with low grass, ruins the whole thing. I don't want the settings to stop others from playing if their FPS is too low because of it, but I also don't want the experience and 'equalness' to be ruined, I expect myself to be on a level playing field if I'm hiding from someone.

• Like 1

they really need to make it so you can pick and choose what pp effects you want in arma 3/ dayz sa. i hate motion blur with a passion but bloom and stuff is pretty sweet imo.

In the standalone PPE and motion blur are seperated.