Sign in to follow this  
PuRe DAYZ

Will i be able to Buy Dayz standalone From my local game store And other questions.

Hey everyone, I have verylimited internet and it would take me two months to download dayZ Would i be able to purchase Dayz standalone On a disk and be able to download the game from the disk or play of it. secondly Are there any ideas on how large the game will be, weather its going to be larger or smaller than arma 2. FINALLY! If dayz standalone Is available In Game stores and on steam will be able to pre order the game.

cheers in advanced,

-LICK_LICK-/Cale/PuRe_DAYZ-

Edited by PuRe DAYZ

Pretty sure it's going to be a Steam exclusive.

No word on how big.

You will be able to buy in at alpha, technically this is a pre-order. You just get to test the game, too.

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's going to be a Steam exclusive.

No word on how big.

You will be able to buy in at alpha, technically this is a pre-order. You just get to test the game, too.

Yeah. I will be doing lots of "testing" when it comes out.

That is of course if it EVER comes out. I seem to recall that January 2013 was the predicted release for the standalone. Something tells me it's not coming out next month.

Thanx to every one who posted, any ideas how big the game is going to be?

$100k give or take can't go that far, barely any pc games are on disc anyways. Edited by Blondedash

I seem to recall that January 2013 was the predicted release for the standalone. Something tells me it's not coming out next month.

No.

Originally the devs were aiming to have the game released by the end of 2012. They then decided to do a complete overhaul instead of just releasing a buffed up mod that didn't require ARMA 2 to play and as a result missed the 2012 deadline. Since then another date has not been announced.

It's currently just under 6Gb, I'm guessing it will be a bit bigger by the time it's released though.

• Like 2

Thanx so much. I thought it would be like 12Gb.

$100k give or take can't go that far, barely any pc games are on disc anyways.

okie doke, Also Quite alot of games you can buy on disk and transfer that to your steam account. I find it a lot more efficient because I have ShiZa internet.

Hey everyone, I have verylimited internet and it would take me two months to download dayZ Would i be able to purchase Dayz standalone On a disk and be able to download the game from the disk or play of it. secondly Are there any ideas on how large the game will be, weather its going to be larger or smaller than arma 2. FINALLY! If dayz standalone Is available In Game stores and on steam will be able to pre order the game.

cheers in advanced,

-LICK_LICK-/Cale/PuRe_DAYZ-

Dude I feel for you , up until 6 months ago I was in the same boat as you with a pathetic 512/256kbps adsl connection. As others have said it looks like it'll be a steam download only, one option is installing steam at work / friends house, downloading the game, copying the steam cache onto a usb HDD, take it home , paste it into your steam cache and do a 'verify local files'. You will still have to download some stuff but not the whole game. You will probably have to do this for every big update that gets released in the future.

Edited by Easy_Tiger
  • Like 1

Dude I feel for you , up until 6 months ago I was in the same boat as you with a pathetic 512/256kbps adsl connection. As others have said it looks like it'll be a steam download only, one option is installing steam at work / friends house, downloading the game, copying the steam cache onto a usb HDD, take it home , paste it into your steam cache and do a 'verify local files'. You will still have to download some stuff but not the whole game. You will probably have to do this for every big update that gets released in the future.

Cheers

I dont see how you can even play if your internet is that bad. You would have like a million ping.

I dont see how you can even play if your internet is that bad. You would have like a million ping.

i play with a dialup modem and only get like 6ms ping. OK yeah it might be DayzSP but i don't see what thats got to do with it...
  • Like 1

Hello there

Having "dreadful" internet with regards to downloading a vast (8gig?) amount of data does not necessarily equate to a bad gameplay experience and ping values.

Even if the chap's ping is high, if he's having fun then there's no problem with that. Not everyone has a 1337 PC or an uberfast connection.

Lives vary.

As to getting your hands on a physical copy. I just dont know. But if one has access to another machine with a better connection one could dl it on the groovy pC and then copy it to the slower connection machine via external disk etc if one uses Steam (which appears to be the preferred provider AFAIK).

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

Having "dreadful" internet with regards to downloading a vast (8gig?) amount of data does not necessarily equate to a bad gameplay experience and ping values.

Even if the chap's ping is high, if he's having fun then there's no problem with that. Not everyone has a 1337 PC or an uberfast connection.

Lives vary.

Amen brother, even if our "third world" internet down here in Oz doesn't even come CLOSE to that of the US and UK, i still have fun trying to dodge the sniper fire on elektro hill, until inevitably, i get hit by one...

i play with a dialup modem and only get like 6ms ping. OK yeah it might be DayzSP but i don't see what thats got to do with it...

And theoretically now SA is client/server (and im assuming building destruction logic has been removed aswell) that should mean that performance on low bandwidth connections should be improved