alright so this is really bothering me, i have 10GB of RAM a GTX 570 with 2BG Vmemory, and a 3.2 Ghz Quad-Core AMD processor and my FPS is shit. like idk i get around 20fps in almost all areas it gets a little better outside towns and a little worse in major citys... but it really shouldn't be like this right? has anyone had this issue and gotten a fix?

• Like 1

Sadly this is happening to everyone :(

Arma 2 oa is a very bad optimised game

• Like 1

I blame the addon and all the zombies. When I'm in cities before zombies spawn, I get decent framerate after all of the tweaks and optimising I've had to do and learn over the months just to get this damn game to work on my 3.0 ghz dual core 4gb's of RAM PC with ATI Radeon 4650 HD 1gb video card. If they just made it so zombies weren't the cause of all my framerate issues (not sure how they would do it) then I would have an awesome game.

• Like 2

What do you have you settings at?

I run a GTX570 phantom with an i5 2500K @4000 and usually have 40 to 60 fps (vsync on for better quality, tearing and less drops). Maybe your CPU doesn't work well with A2 ?

Sadly this is happening to everyone :(

Arma 2 oa is a very bad optimised game

Not really. I'm playing on disabled/low settings with nearly 100 FPS in 60 player servers, lol.

@OP - You should post your current in-game graphics settings.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

I blame the addon and all the zombies. When I'm in cities before zombies spawn, I get decent framerate after all of the tweaks and optimising I've had to do and learn over the months just to get this damn game to work on my 3.0 ghz dual core 4gb's of RAM PC with ATI Radeon 4650 HD 1gb video card. If they just made it so zombies weren't the cause of all my framerate issues (not sure how they would do it) then I would have an awesome game.

This doesn't make sense for DayZ and ArmA2. The game's about playing against AI units like other shooters too.

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=48387;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2147483647;

nonlocalVRAM=1610166272;

vsync=0;

AToC=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

FXAA=0;

serverLongitude=2147483647;

serverLatitude=2147483647;

ive changed my settings all around but ive never noticed a difference

this is the cure everyone. thank me later. use dayz commander to revert back to the version of arma 2 that your server is running. example version 105785 was what i was using with major lag. however my server uses version 103419, my clan and i all reverted last night to 103419 and we all went back to haveing no lag problems what so ever. try it and let me know what you think. the cure is here, :)

alright so this is really bothering me, i have 10GB of RAM a GTX 570 with 2BG Vmemory, and a 3.2 Ghz Quad-Core AMD processor and my FPS is shit. like idk i get around 20fps in almost all areas it gets a little better outside towns and a little worse in major citys... but it really shouldn't be like this right? has anyone had this issue and gotten a fix?

put it on a ramdisk, if it increases your fps even by a little bit, i would invest in a solid state drive. a small 60GB or 120GB would be big enough, us your HDD your using now as your Main OS HDD and use the SSD as a 2ndary drive for your games.

A mate had bad fps from a good machine. After some fault finding. Found that the cpu was getting very hot 90-100c. After blowing off the dust it lowered it a little.

So he replaced the cpu cooler and now he is back to normal range for his specs.

What i see is that your 3D performance value is far too low. HDR precision should be tested with value 0, but the config needs to then to be saved as "locked".

Reinstall the latest nvidia drivers anyway.