Sign in to follow this  
Rick the Survivor

Hip Fire Too Good on Snipers

Which is why you wait a second between shots. I understand the math that a quarter-inch flinch puts you 16 inches off target at 30 feet. That's why you learn not to flinch >.>

The recoil is the problem. You can't really control that completely. Even if you wait between shots, the recoil is still going to put you off target.

A point that I am making.

I get that at a distance of 10 yards, yeah, you're going to hit a man sized target more than once in succession a good 60% of the time without sights. But the mathematical probability that you are going to be able to control anything is highly unlikely. It all depends on the caliber and weight of the gun. You shoot a couple 7.62 rounds from a 50+ lb m240, those shots will be much less staggered at 10 yards than if you shot a DMR at the same speed (unlikely). However, regarding the OP, anything past 20 yards isn't going to happen more than once, if at all. Even the most steady of aims on the planet would have trouble accounting for shot placement at 30 yards without time to do so.

And no, to all those talking about how there is no 'hip fire', of course there isn't. Hip firing in DayZ isn't the act of going buck wild scarface dumbshit, it is shouldering the weapon into a firing stance, and aiming down the barrel instead of the provided iron sights/optics.

People need to read the topic before they post, there've been 5 different people who have said "There is no "hip-fire" in Arma. You're always holding your gun in stance."

People need to read the topic before they post, there've been 5 different people who have said "There is no "hip-fire" in Arma. You're always holding your gun in stance."

But there's no "hip-fire" in Arma. You are always holding your gun in stance. Just common sense man.

There is sarcasm in this. Just a warning.

• Like 1

I know its the default Arma II hip fire but i think its too good in DayZ. For example I had an DMR, and another guy had a AKM and we both were in the classic both hiding behind a tree scenario about 50 meters away. He had hit me once in the chest so i was bleeding, so i needed to bandage but knowing once i did he would move up and kill me. I ran out to get behind one of the very large trees that you could hid in. I saw him peak and I hip fired about 10 or so rounds off very fast and struck him in the head.

It seems kinda ridiculous to me how accurate hip fire is on sniper rifles, you could do this on AS50 too, thank god that getting removed. Maybe tone hip fire down on snipers rifles to make everything else a little more competitive with them.

Sniper rifles have immense recoil no way anyone could be that accurate

Sniper rifles have immense recoil no way anyone could be that accurate

This is a stupid comment, there are thousands of different rifles that can be considered sniper rifles. Yes, some will have high recoil but there are others that won't.

To expand on this

even more

Go fire a DMR which is basically a M21 IRL

Not much kick in it.

(I don't know how to show an image in the post so here is the link)http://www.google.co...X-t8PmyxzFeCMM:

a>

You are so very wrong. A 7.62x51 round has a lot of recoil. It is similar to an ak 47 round, but with a higher load. So you mean to tell me an ak 47 is similar to a .22 then?

Edited by Odrama Vin Laden

I fired the FAL 7,62 rifle in my consciption days.

Brittisch know it as the SLR i know it as the destroyer of shoulders.

Basicly it kicks like a mule. It has a full auto function but nobody knows why since its utterly uncontrallable in full auto.

In fact it will knock you on your ass if you aer not carefull.

I do not know if an m21 kicks in the same fashion but i imagine the m14 being an older design also kicks quite a bit.:)