Caliaton

Terrible performance gtx 690

Hey guys, I just got this game very recently and i've been really enjoying it so far, but I've had some serious performance issues ever since I started playing. I usually play maxed out at 1080p and I only get 40-60 fps on my GTX 690. I have an i5 3570k processor, which should be plenty powerful for this game I think, even though it is running at stock speeds, and the game is running on an ssd. I ran MSI afterburner, and the game is in fact using both my gpu's, but the usage on them is always around only 50%. If i'm getting less than 60 fps all the time shouldn't they both be using 100% and working their butt off to maintain good performance? And the funny thing is, even when I turn a couple things own to normal like object detail and HDR, the framerate dosen't really change at all. I think I even tried disabling one of the gpu's at one point and saw little to no difference. To be honest, i'm really dissapointed in this kind of performance from this powerful of a card :( can anyone help?

You are disappointed you are getting 40-60 FPS with Arma 2 + Arma 2:OA and the DayZ mod running all together?

oh me oh my

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 4

It's its optimization. You can't do anything about this unless BI fixes their problems with the engine.

Hey guys, I just got this game very recently and i've been really enjoying it so far, but I've had some serious performance issues ever since I started playing. I usually play maxed out at 1080p and I only get 40-60 fps on my GTX 690. I have an i5 3570k processor, which should be plenty powerful for this game I think, even though it is running at stock speeds, and the game is running on an ssd. I ran MSI afterburner, and the game is in fact using both my gpu's, but the usage on them is always around only 50%. If i'm getting less than 60 fps all the time shouldn't they both be using 100% and working their butt off to maintain good performance? And the funny thing is, even when I turn a couple things own to normal like object detail and HDR, the framerate dosen't really change at all. I think I even tried disabling one of the gpu's at one point and saw little to no difference. To be honest, i'm really dissapointed in this kind of performance from this powerful of a card :( can anyone help?

sadly its arma2 oa's horrible optimization :/

this is happening for everyone you're not the only one

Overclock the CPU if you have water cooler.

I don't have water cooling, but I do have a hyper 212 evo though, i've just been afraid to overclock because i've never experimented with CPU overclocking. It looks like a complicated process, and I have no idea to tell how far that cpu is capable of overclocking or when i'm pushing it's limits. I really wouldn't know where to start...

Well 50 fps isn't bad its really good i just built a new pc and it plays dayZ at 20 fps :/

I have 3 4gb 670's and I get the same performance man

BIS's engine can't be compared to 'normal' game-engines as it's doing a lot more behind the scenes. I only get 20-25 at most in multiplayer so I'd love to have your framerate.

I doubt there's anyone running Arma 2 or DayZ at a constant 60+ FPS so if I were you, I'd just settle for what you have right now. Chances are you'll get closer to the FPS you're looking for when the SA comes out.

• Like 1

I will never understand this 60fps crap.

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Really not a huge diffrence.

60+ fps is actually very important in games where low reaction times are needed. The lower the framerate, the higher the input-lag. It also depends on the game and Engine, Arma 2 is actually very playable with 40+ fps while games like Battlefield/ Counter-Strike don't play very well under 60 fps.