-Se7eN-

Arma 2 beta patch 105785 Causing frame drop.

Hello all, recently ive been having really big issues with my dayz, vanilla Chernarus wasn't too bad, but other mods like Origins and Breaking Point were having extreme performance hits.

I tried everything, messing with GPU, CPU, Disk clean ups, you name it and nothing worked, still stuck at 9 fps.

I was trying to think what had caused this frame issues and realised that i recently changed my beta patch, and after that this became an issue.

I just degraded back from 105785 to 103419, and all my of my FPS issues have gone.

In short the newest Beta patch is causing severe frame drop and if you are suffering from this i would recommend downgrading your beta patch to the one i mentioned and see if it helps.

Hope this thread helps, just wanted to give anyone els a heads up as i have seen a few people complaining about fps lately.

Edited by TMW Se7eN
  • Like 5

u sure its not just server side lag?

play on many different servers,

to test performance, go to empty ones

I went on empty, full pop, just restarted, different mods, you name it, i was getting bad frames across the board, now that i degraded i can go on 80 pop origins server with steady fps.

103718 is the version we are going to recommended with .7 anything after has too many issues.

• Like 3

Sometimes maps can cause big FPS drops and I know origins is on Taviana and that map is a FPS drainer

Sometimes maps can cause big FPS drops and I know origins is on Taviana and that map is a FPS drainer

it is, and i agree i do get less frames on tavi then chernarus, but i was also getting drops across other mods including vanilla, the fact that i was getting them across the board was showing me that something els was wrong.

I can confirm that beta patch 105785 causes awful FPS lag. I'm bouncing between 10-25fps constantly since the update. I also noticed that cloud sync when playing origins took longer(the counter ran at half its normal speed) after that update.

Rolled back via dayz commander and all is well again.

Edited by johnnydotexe

I just degraded back from 105785 to 103419, and all my of my FPS issues have gone.

How to downgrade it? Is it possible with DayZ Commander somehow?

You just choose which version you want from the dropdown box under install/update.

• Like 1

I can confirm this problem as well, FPS count oscillates between 9 and 21 frames which was definately not the perfomance prior to the update.

I hope this will be addressed by Bohemia soon. ;) The patchnotes even promised a slight performance increase!

EDIT:

Rollback to 103418 (temporarily) fixes the issue for me, too.

Edited by Stebix

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem I installed the update yesterday and it's been absolutely painful to play I'm going to roll back to the previous update now and see if that works

Thanks for pointing this out! I noticed a FPS drop lately and didn't connect the update with the problem. Downgrading to 419 helped.

I don't know what patch I'm on. How can I figure this out? And how can I go back to the patch mentioned in this thread?

Also, what do the numbers mean? 419, 103418, etc...

I don't know what patch I'm on.

Within DayzCommander, the second option down in the "Install/Update" section.

g56IR0n.png

Edited by TMW Se7eN