Sign in to follow this  
Poncho Villa

Could it be possible to put a train in DayZ?

I think it would be a great end-game vehicle to put in standalone. Who doesn't want to ride down the coast with a train. I'm sure new spawns would love to be picked up in one. How difficult would it be to implement such a feature? DayZ Standalone+Take on Helicopters+Train Simulator 2013

IWHI

SIAP or Germans.

• Like 2

I pondered this idea a few times. I think it could be a great end game concept, especially if they implement power grids down the line, etc.

People could just camp it, too. Although I do want to be able to tie a female DayZ survivor up and leave her on the track....

Muahahah!

Come on guys, this is a fantastic idea! As for the map size, no problemo, just make the train reach a blown bridge at the edge of the map. Actualy, this could be an extra feature, where, if u don't stop the train, u take a dive ;)

It would be nice to get this working on, but well, knowing the DayZ scene its probably for the worst (because of camping, sniping, etc) so it wouldn't be so useful in a 'tiny' map as Chernarus in terms of railroads and tracking.

Next up...

Armored trains

Vehicle transport on trains

Hospital trains

Train derailment (accidental or intnetional)

Trains hitting vehicles on the tracks

Modern DayZ "Great Train Robbery"

Agro a Zed horde to follow you and get run over by a passing train

Watching two trains collide head-on.

Take out a train bridge.

The map is too small, and there's no way to turn them around on either end.

Plus that would just be one more thing to create lag.

So, no thank you.

now that we are getting underground bases why not underground metros also?

• Like 2

now that we are getting underground bases why not underground metros also?

What underground bases ? The ArmA engine doesn't do underground well, that is why there are none now.

sry i tought we wre speaking about SA.now ill go to my shamecorner

The map is too small, and there's no way to turn them around on either end.

Plus that would just be one more thing to create lag.

So, no thank you.

Im guessing you've never seen a train.

• Like 1

Just do a search over at opendayz.net. It has been done, but not without some comical bugs. They've a working (moving) train in game - but I do not think you can ride on it. However, there is a train mod for Arma2 which allows the player to ride on it, but last time I checked, using it would require rebuilding the given DayZ mod you'd want to use it on as it cannot be done server side.

If the tracks are extended and don't only go along coast, and if you could roam around it as if it were terrain, it would be incredible.

Thought it might be really, REALLY buggy, this would be good. Think of the Train Raids!

tl;dr, yes, it would be nice

Im guessing you've never seen a train.

No. Never. -_-

EDIT: I see what you mean, egine on two ends. My bad.

But still, it's going to be stupid, they would get derailed all the time, and you would just be going back and forth along the coast.

Edited by Statik

egine on two ends. My bad.

That's called a Push-Pull train.. no problem with that.

But still, it's going to be stupid, they would get derailed all the time, and you would just be going back and forth along the coast.

It's very easy to make a vehicle invincible :) anyone dumb enough to try and derail it would fail, train carries on as normal

It's very easy to make a vehicle invincible :) anyone dumb enough to try and derail it would fail, train carries on as normal

What i mean is,people would drive it off the end of the tracks on the east and west and of the map.

What i mean is,people would drive it off the end of the tracks on the east and west and of the map.

It could also be forced so that players have no control, anythings possible :)

Travelling back n forth to ferry people around, you would be vunerable while waiting at the train station but that's the risk of travelling faster than on foot.

• Like 1

It could also be forced so that players have no control, anythings possible :)

Travelling back n forth to ferry people around, you would be vunerable while waiting at the train station but that's the risk of travelling faster than on foot.

So you want an NPC train? No thanks.

Your average civilian would not be able to repair or operate any kind of train.

It'd be neat to have some lying around though. You could camp out in the box cars, set traps, etc.