Sign in to follow this  
foliveira1982@gmail.com

Russian weaponry and vehicles.

Ok so i play DayZ for a good period. What about rethink the process and weaponry adding more post soviet weapons instead a lot of american ones? Why helicrashes are all americans? Chernarus as said in ArmA2 is a Post Soviet scenario, DayZ follow the same enviroment scenario so why not follow this and make a more Old russian aspect in the game? Also WHY there are not civilian clothing???????????? =)

• Like 2

You make an interesting point. Have you played DayZ Namalsk? It has a much more Soviet era feel with Russian helicopter crashes, state run farming communes, abandoned and isolated Soviet style structures and military bases that feel like they came right out of the 80's.

Other than that, I always envisioned the setting of Chernarus DayZ as an apocalypse which occurred during a U.S./Russian/NATO military action in a former Soviet satellite nation. Hence the combination of weapon and uniform types from several countries of origin.

Edited by Saethkept
  • Like 1

Yes i used to play Namalsk Crisis with a self made pack of mods wich made it awesome, but no zombies. I dont know how to explain but i love Chernarus i think its perfect in every quadrant of it.

Call me crazy, but I suspect part of the reason is because a lot of the players are Western, and want to see their favorite Western weapons... ech... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Agreed. But you with a Guerrilla uniform and a AKM, RPK, still a total win. Also why not add instead only Britsh uniforms in helicrashes also add insurgent uniforms in Mi-8 helicrashes?

You make an interesting point. Have you played DayZ Namalsk? It has a much more Soviet era feel with Russian helicopter crashes, state run farming communes, abandoned and isolated Soviet style structures and military bases that feel like they came right out of the 80's.

Other than that, I always envisioned the setting of Chernarus DayZ as an apocalypse which occurred during a U.S./Russian/NATO military action in a former Soviet satellite nation. Hence the combination of weapon and uniform types from several countries of origin.

I played after that comment Saeth and its awesome indeed.

But i dont know why but i feel very confortable when playing in Chernarus, its a awesome map.