opjohnny

Constantly needing to relog to pick up/use items.

After playing for X amount of time, maybe 10 or more minutes usually, I can't pick up specific items such as main rotor assembly, entrenching tool, stuff that is usually found alone and must be picked up instead of being accessed as "gear." When this happens I also can't consume food or drink or get the repair menu for vehicles. I have to relog to fix it.

Sometimes when I just move along instead of relogging, like after trying to eat or drink, eventually my guy will crouch down and finally consume the food or drink but they don't refill my meters. This is usually 5-10 minutes after initially trying to eat or drink those items.

The other day I finally decided it must be my files since no one else seems to have the issue so I did a full reinstall of arma2, arma2 oa, patch 1.60, patvh 1.62, dayz commander, dayz, and dayz origins. Didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Edited by johnnydotexe
  • Like 1

You have some pretty bad desync.

I thought that to be the case but these servers aren't showing me lagging or having desync. Happens on any server, local or on the other side of the globe.

i have the same problem.

my original arma2 files are replaced with beta files so steam works, could this cause the issue?

i have the same problem.

my original arma2 files are replaced with beta files so steam works, could this cause the issue?

dear god, why are people all a sudden useing steam to play dayz, what is going on here?

any fix for this issue? If it was a server issue it would always be laggin, but why does a relog make everything fresh again?