Cap'n (DayZ)

Where is our community headed?

I generally live in the off-topic section and i find it pretty good there. Although i have not been to too many other forums so i do not have much to compare it to. :)

i think the real problem is: with a high popularity you get the interest of trolls/kids/flamers and just a few of them turning a forum into a battlefield. So like it is now: the core remained and is still active, but the annoying guys wandered off with the decrease of interest. Now we have to calm our nerves and be friendly again so that the forums will be really fun again. I don't say I like it here but some of us are a bit passivly aggressiv because of the trolls in the last year.

So all in all: the community is great now, but I am afraid of the future, when we will start up again to reach the 100k players per day... the trolls/flamers/kiddies will come back even in greater number, because it will be easier to install DayZ.

At the height of the of the frenzy that is DayZ there were 3/4/*5000 people on-line, 24/7, with 25% being members and most of them posting all at the same time, impossible to control.

Those were the days ! :D

• Like 1

People going around having nothing but stupid remarks to say about others, acting like they are better than them for whatever the reason may be.

Sorry. :(

I don't know what will happen after the SA release, I've never been a situation like this and I imagine not many of us have been. I've come to enjoy the posts on here, reading the stories, watching the interaction. I hope it continues but I doubt these will become the official forums for the SA. I'll still be here though, I rather like it here.

Did someone mention a political thread? I'd love a place to let my right wing dribble run loose. Anyways, I think we're just going to go back to the old days when the standalone comes. We'll be learning controls, new areas, and reporting countless bugs via rage thread. Oh, and I'll be the first to settle Utes. Anyone want to challenge me on that?

Did someone mention a political thread? I'd love a place to let my right wing dribble run loose. Anyways, I think we're just going to go back to the old days when the standalone comes. We'll be learning controls, new areas, and reporting countless bugs via rage thread. Oh, and I'll be the first to settle Utes. Anyone want to challenge me on that?

Instead of spawning and running alone the coast, i'm just gonna turn right around and start swimmin for UTES.

Instead of spawning and running alone the coast, i'm just gonna turn right around and start swimmin for UTES.

I bet you ten beans and a road flare that I can get there first.

I bet you ten beans and a road flare that I can get there first.

Throw in some pasta and a motorbike helmet then you got a deal.

Edited by GOD™

Throw in some pasta and a motorbike helmet then you got a deal.

Challenge accepted

Well, as an online community, the DayZ forums are more sane and sanitary than most similar public gaming boards I've sampled over the years. From the Heretic and Ultima Online and Battlecruiser and Daikatana boards of bygone days, to the more recent odor of forums such as the slogging through much muck that was the WarZ, I would rate the DayZ community a much more intelligent and friendly group by far.

Where is this enjoyable community heading? I think that community management has done a good job at the helm in most all areas relevant. Recently some fears have arisen that some of the more popular offshoot mods are terminally ill with such a steep loss in server numbers, so if anything I would like to see more sub forum space for discussion and acknowledgement/support of mods of the mod. Other than that, in my opinion the community is looking good for the time being.

Lastly, I think that when the standalone hits, we will see a sudden, large influx of returning and new members, which for a small period of time could change the temperament in general around here but that will likely be brought under control in due time.

This is one gaming community I would have liked to have been in on from the get go. Unfortunately I had taken yet another hiatus from PC gaming before DayZ came about and so I was a few months late to the party. What a party it has been.

Edited by Saethkept