Sign in to follow this  
Kaos97

Help! When I try to join a dayz server it says bad serial number given in setup

I was on a server and then this hacker decided to come on this server and then he made us dance but after that everyone on the server got banned and when we try to join a server it says bad serial number was given at setup. Any help would be appreciated as in I cant play DayZ.

Make sure both ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead are installed. Then run each game at least once, so that it loads up to the main menu.

• Like 1

I've been playing DayZ for a while and I have done all that. I can launch arma 2 and play that but I can launch OA, because other erros messages pop up.

Then we need to know of these error messages, as the are preventing you from fixing the problem at hand.

When i try to launch arma 2 OA one error says no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shawdow'. and then the other says Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 and thats only when i try to launch arma 2a OA but when i try to launch dayz it says Bad serial number given in Setup.

I've had those errors before as well. Re-installing OA fixed it for me, might want to give that a try.

Right click on ArmA II in your steam library, go to properties, then Local files, then "Verify integrity of game cache". Do this for A2:OA also. Try again, let me know the results.

I did the file integrety thing and it says 4 files failed to validate and will be reacquired

That's good, the files that failed will be downloaded. Remember to do the same thing for both Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead and then try to join a server again. :)

I have also did that for Arma 2 also and i still can join a server. I still get the errors when I try to play OA also.

Still cant get this to work, can anyone help?

There's several hundred reason's why this is happening, the best way to avoid this situation is to completely purge your computer of anything arma 2 related, there is a corrupted file somewhere in your folder's that is not allowing you to play/launch/connect...etc once you have uninstalled all arma 2 make sure your registry files are deleted as well, by going into Regedit, look for bohemia interactive, and battle eye and anything else related to arma, such as dayz commander(dojshStudio's) withsix... everything. once that is completed, restart your pc,

Install Arma 2, Wait for it to install, Select Play, (accept/ok/next) anything that pops up, main menu, log out.

Install Arma 2 OA,Wait for it to install, Select Play, (accept/ok/next) anything that pops up, main menu, log out.

Install Arma 2 BAF(British Armed Forces), Wait for it to install, Select Play, (accept/ok/next) anything that pops up, main menu, log out.

Install Arma 2 PMC(Private Military Company), Wait for it to install, Select Play, (accept/ok/next) anything that pops up, main menu, log out.

you seemed to have done just about every step to fixing this, if what i said above does not help, im afraid a freash clean reinstall of your windows might need to happen, my OS registry files got screwed up and i couldn't play arma for weeks until i got a windows installer disk

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

While you should always use programs at your own risk, I had this problem for months and nothing worked. Not reinstall. Not verify cache on steam. Not reinstalling Battleye Eye or deleting the suspect files and replacing. The only thing that EVER worked after tearing my hair out for months was http://www.armarize.com/, Armarize fixes all the errors on every mod, easy to use, and then detects further errors as they happen. It has fortunately restored my sanity, and I have not seen anyone else recognising it as the fix.