Sign in to follow this  
J0hnm13

Civilian grade armory

3,800 how did you come to this?

It's not about "enough". DayZ should never be about enough. It's about whats right. I'm guessing a 125g 357 Bonded JHP would laugh at 3,800...but hey maybe gews says otherwise.

I've thought about how JHPs would be handled but it creates headaches for me... some problems they would have:

-they'd do more damage to vehicles and everything else

-they'd do a fixed amount of damage relative to velocity, so a bullet that would be "explosive" at high speeds will also be considered "explosive" even when it begins to travel at low speeds (and the opposite)

-Another similar example, accounting for the fragmenting effects of 5.56 would mean it would be considered to fragment at every velocity and range

-they could be "too lethal", just like an AS50, a hit in the toe would mean instant death with the current simplistic system

Etc. So I don't really consider expanding bullets at all since coming up with a way to try to properly "model" them with ArmA's damage system would make me go crazy.

I've thought about how JHPs would be handled but it creates headaches for me... some problems they would have:

-they'd do more damage to vehicles and everything else

-they'd do a fixed amount of damage relative to velocity, so a bullet that would be "explosive" at high speeds will also be considered "explosive" even when it begins to travel at low speeds (and the opposite)

-Another similar example, accounting for the fragmenting effects of 5.56 would mean it would be considered to fragment at every velocity and range

-they could be "too lethal", just like an AS50, a hit in the toe would mean instant death with the current simplistic system

Etc. So I don't really consider expanding bullets at all since coming up with a way to try to properly "model" them with ArmA's damage system would make me go crazy.

A more complex human skeleton/vital organ system for damage? Add this into the calculations! There that makes it easier. :lol:

Just a thought. What would a .357 125g at 1650 ft/s (not any particular tip) work out in blood damage?

Edited by Trizzo

A more complex human skeleton/vital organ system for damage? Add this into the calculations! There that makes it easier. :lol:

Just a thought. What would a .357 125g at 1650 ft/s (not any particular tip) work out in blood damage?

Right now, assuming FMJ as always: 2,275 blood damage

It's all energy-based at the moment.

Although in certain cases they've turned a blind eye to energy for no particular reason...

http://world.guns.ru...7/uzi-mini2.jpg

A non sidearm version of the Uzi. Basically a cloned MP5 with more recoil, more noise, and a tad less accuracy. Categorized as a primary, mainly used to give fresher spawned coast dwellers more firepower since 9mm is still such a low damage round in DayZ. Found in civilian and military loot tables.

Shares ammo with PDW, MP5, doesn't accept G17 or M9 mags.

________

http://www.thefirear...sin-pistol.jpeg

Obrez Pistol, basically a saw'd off Mosin Nagant. Accuracy is low, about half the cone of the spread of shotgun pellets, with high damage and low attack speed. Categorized as a sidearm. Found in farm and civilian loot tables.

_________

http://www.pirate4x4...otgun_super.jpg

Sawed off shotgun: Less damage per shot and way less accuracy than regular shotguns. 2 round slugs/pellets interchangeable from sidearm to primary ammo (add a right click and click "move to sidearm ammo pocket" or vice versa) for the normal double-barrel. Categorized as a sidearm. Found in farm loot tables.

_______

http://world.guns.ru...mg26/sa61-1.jpg

Skorpion pistol actually already exists in arma 2, doesn't share ammo with other weapons. Slightly higher damage than the Uzi, harder to find ammo. Less accurate than semi auto handguns. Same damage as 1911/Revolver. Found in civilian and military loot tables.

________

I understand new weapon content like this isn't exactly priority 1, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I feel there should be less tactical as hell guns for more guerrilla style gunfights.

> Sawed off shotgun

> less damage

What the fuck

> Sawed off shotgun

> less damage

What the fuck

Spreads out pellets, wider groups, less velocity. Tighter shot patterns makes for higher damage.

Edited by Trizzo