lukestephens

To the baby's moaning

The game is harder but if you not stupid it is very easy to survive and find a gun. Its is to easy to loose zombies now you just hide behind a wall you loose them straight away. So don't moan i want a gun give me a starter gun. DEAL WITH it if you had a starter gun now game would be to easy so just play and don't go running around and learn to hide.

/rage over :@

ur not supposed to start a sentence with SO. DUH

your credibility is zero =p

Seriously, totally agree, this game was designed to not spawn with a weapon as of 1.7.1 due to the LoS changes, so everyone needs to just calm down, learn to settle down and take it slow for a bit, you don't needa go gung-ho into a city guns blazing, that's unrealistic and ridiculous.

Anybody who complains about the game is not meant to be playing it, plain and simple. There are plenty of other games out there, go play them.

Lol .. the game is unplayable atm and if they dont fix the zombie-aggro, nobody, except some hc-gamers, will keep playing this game.

It has nothing to do with stupidity.

Its just unfair now and you almost have to crawl all the time, which is boring and an unnecessary game slower.

Ok I understand the fact that we start the game without weapons, "its a survival game! and in real life you don't start with a gun (most of us) if you want one learn to play sneaking"

Ok good point there, but still doesn't mean anything, lets see here:

First - Not all starting "regions/villages" are accessible to attack without a gun, and there's not always a wall to hide, and if it is, it doesn't mean that you will get it successful to use it, we all know that zombies like to run on us in diagonally and its very hard to lose them.

Second - please don't compare a video game to reality, "oh this is more realistic don't cry baby", you cant compare a zombie video game survival something close to reality because guess what? there is no zombies in reality, and if they would exist, they probably didn't even had the motor skills to run without falling, and surely not be more faster then you, and don't event try to compare it scripted movies.

Third - I hope this game don't get to the point that only the elder players get to play it, I don't know what the objective, but the game will attract less newer players if it stand on this starting difficulty.

Lol .. the game is unplayable atm and if they dont fix the zombie-aggro' date=' nobody, except some hc-gamers, will keep playing this game.

Its just unfair now and you almost have to crawl all the time, which is boring and an unnecessary game slower.

[/quote']

Yeah I agree with you, have to crawl literally everywhere, is real damn boring, but i do agree with the OP aswell, i like how they have taken guns away from new characters.

Lol .. the game is unplayable atm and if they dont fix the zombie-aggro' date=' nobody, except some hc-gamers, will keep playing this game.

[/quote']

Boring? i have crouch ran through cherno got one zombie on me and lost him in a house. It is how you play i can understand that going prone everywhere is boring but you don't have to.

[/quote']

I love how people keep predicting the death of day z and constantly getting proved wrong. What you actually meant was you won't be playing this game anymore, and maybe that is for the best. I love this mod, and I am in it for the long haul as are a lot of people. This is an alpha and Rocket is doing his best to fix things and keep us engaged while still building this mod to what he wants it to be in the end. Name me one other developer in the industry who has not only allowed public alpha play, but also updates the alpha once a week and usually more than that. We are being done a favor and we have the privilege to play this while it is being developed, if you can not handle the changes and updates constantly and the fact that sometimes those changes make the game less stable rather than more stable I would suggest playing games that have already past the "gold" landmark and are ready to ship/play. I do not mean that in any malicious way, some people can't handle the constant updating and sometimes game crashing patches, some can. I hope you are able to get past the problems and understand that this mod is a game everyone has been asking for for a very long time and that the final product will be much better due to this public alpha.

[/quote']

I love how people keep predicting the death of day z and constantly getting proved wrong. What you actually meant was you won't be playing this game anymore, and maybe that is for the best. I love this mod, and I am in it for the long haul as are a lot of people. This is an alpha and Rocket is doing his best to fix things and keep us engaged while still building this mod to what he wants it to be in the end. Name me one other developer in the industry who has not only allowed public alpha play, but also updates the alpha once a week and usually more than that. We are being done a favor and we have the privilege to play this while it is being developed, if you can not handle the changes and updates constantly and the fact that sometimes those changes make the game less stable rather than more stable I would suggest playing games that have already past the "gold" landmark and are ready to ship/play. I do not mean that in any malicious way, some people can't handle the constant updating and sometimes game crashing patches, some can. I hope you are able to get past the problems and understand that this mod is a game everyone has been asking for for a very long time and that the final product will be much better due to this public alpha.

Well said

It's not about being a baby; it's about pointing out that there is something wrong with the Zombie AI behavior, of which is already acknowledged by several VETERAN players. Both their hearing and vision is way too sensitive, even for cracked up animals that are suppose to be killer.

Not to mention that stealth just went out the window. Anyone who says you can "stealthily" get past the current Zeds in 1.7.1.4 (not 1.7.1.3 where they actually were fair) is straight up lying or bullshitting.

The game is harder but if you not stupid it is very easy to survive and find a gun. Its is to easy to loose zombies now you just hide behind a wall you loose them straight away. So don't moan i want a gun give me a starter gun. DEAL WITH it if you had a starter gun now game would be to easy so just play and don't go running around and learn to hide.

You are such an idiot... Me and my friend, were "new" to the game (we've watched streams about it so we understood 90% of the mechanics etc.), both of us are good in video games, he was pro on Counter Strike, I guess you wont define that as an fps noob. We're both adults, we know how to figure shit out.

We just came out of a 4 hours run of not finding a gun, spending 70% of our time running & loosing zombies. I must have searched around 30 houses / buildings I'd say, I've only found items other than weapons. You might say "well, it's bad luck then", no, it's never about luck, it's about spawn rate. And no, it isnt any fucking fun to have 90% of your gametime spent running away from zombies, it really isnt. I love this game, I loved watching streams about it, but it is so fucking RETARDED to make the zombies aggro like this. Nobody except some few cocky nerds (yeah talking about you) will play this game, when the core of the game is so fucking brillant, they just managed to right away kill it.

Because yeah you knew the game before this patch, but what about all the people that bought Arma 2 today or yesterday (like me), tried it, and spent one entire evening for nothing? Well they wont play it again for most of them. Nobody (except the few cocky nerds) has enough time to ruin into this stupidity. And even if I got a gun, and it would snowball for like an hour and I would end up with decent gear, I could get PK and start back again for a 2 hours zombie marathon fest. This is bad design, this is a bad way to start a reputation for your game.

It is now, that you must put a huge effort into balancing those things, because it is now that your fan base will grow, with people such as Destiny (SC2 pro) streaming your game every day etc. YOU MUST ATTRACT PLAYERS NOW.

And dont get me wrong, I looove hard games, it's so good to finally have challenging video games, but this, is just bad design, balance it out quick or your game will die before birth

Edit: And by the way, yesterday I had a really fun run, killing 7 people, getting an awesome gear, and finally got PKed, I loved every part of it, so no, i'm not raging because I never got a chance to play the real game.

You are such an idiot... Me and my friend' date=' were "new" to the game (we've watched streams about it so we understood 90% of the mechanics etc.), both of us are good in video games, he was pro on Counter Strike, I guess you wont define that as an fps noob. We're both adults, we know how to figure shit out.

We just came out of a 4 hours run of not finding a gun, spending 70% of our time running & loosing zombies. I must have searched around 30 houses / buildings I'd say, I've only found items other than weapons. You might say "well, it's bad luck then", no, it's never about luck, it's about spawn rate. And no, it isnt any fucking fun to have 90% of your gametime spent running away from zombies, it really isnt. I love this game, I loved watching streams about it, but it is so fucking RETARDED to make the zombies aggro like this. Nobody except some few cocky nerds (yeah talking about you) will play this game, when the core of the game is so fucking brillant, they just managed to right away kill it.

Because yeah you knew the game before this patch, but what about all the people that bought Arma 2 today or yesterday (like me), tried it, and spent one entire evening for nothing? Well they wont play it again for most of them. Nobody (except the few cocky nerds) has enough time to ruin into this stupidity. And even if I got a gun, and it would snowball for like an hour and I would end up with decent gear, I could get PK and start back again for a 2 hours zombie marathon fest. This is bad design, this is a bad way to start a reputation for your game.

It is now, that you must put a huge effort into balancing those things, because it is now that your fan base will grow, with people such as Destiny (SC2 pro) streaming your game every day etc. YOU MUST ATTRACT PLAYERS NOW.

And dont get me wrong, I looove hard games, it's so good to finally have challenging video games, but this, is just bad design, balance it out quick or your game will die before birth

Edit: And by the way, yesterday I had a really fun run, killing 7 people, getting an awesome gear, and finally got PKed, I loved every part of it, so no, i'm not raging because I never got a chance to play the real game.

[/quote']

If you don't enjoy running from zombies and being chased this may not be the game for you because i love that and so do many other people. And calling me a nerdy kid because i enjoy the game?? Its just annoys me when people moan all the time. Also finding guns can not be that hard i found a ak-47, akm, shotgun and a g17 in a fire house in elektro. Also attract new players now? DayZ has a massive player base and most enjoy the game but to you there cocky nerdy kids.

However about buying arma 2 for the mod i can understand it is hard to learn i got the game a year and a bit ago and loved it for the rpg servers. When this mod came out it was good and easy as i understood the way arma worked and all the new people to arma will struggle at first but don't we all? The fun in games is to learn and sometime you have to learn the hard way..

"it's so good to finally have challenging video games" you say this and you moan about it being too hard or bugged its alpha if you can't live with that move on and wait till its stable.?? If you like challenging video games learn the game and then within in 30mins you can have a gun and be surviving no problem.

"We're both adults" Then start acting one and don't start calling people Cocky nerdy kids for enjoying a game because to me you acting like a kid.

Thank you for your input into my post.

People like you arfe just sucking up to rocket because you just want this mod to keep alive.

But with with latest patches its not the case.

ALOT of people have allready uninstalled the game because of these issues.

And dont give me the "oh its alpha talk"

The latest patches are just terrible game design and execution.

It's an alpha' date=' people are supposed to moan about things you MUG.

[/quote']

No your the mug there not meant to moan there meant to suggest and inform the devs on problems like if its to hard or spawning without a gun is a problem. Its called constructive criticism and we need more of it instead of people like me and many others posting fourms posts moaning about problems.

People like you arfe just sucking up to rocket because you just want this mod to keep alive.

But with with latest patches its not the case.

ALOT of people have allready uninstalled the game because of these issues.

And dont give me the "oh its alpha talk"

The latest patches are just terrible game design and execution.

Oh its alpha. Jokeing the new build has it problems but the game now i think is better and is going in the right direction, yes they may loose people but once it is out of alpha i am sure they will come back.

Sucking up to Rocket? I could give two fucks on what he thinks of me i enjoy the mod and putting my input out there i shouldn't off but its done now.

Haha, "I have to crawl everywhere, it's real damn boring."

Meanwhile, I'm checking for clear areas in cities and crouch running no problem.

You guys are ridiculously bad at this game. I'm not a "hardcore" player, either.

Let people uninstall the game. Stop trying to make it a cakewalk in the park, and I don't believe for a MOMENT someone spent 4 entire hours without finding a single gun. I found two in 5 minutes in Cherno.

Haha' date=' "I have to crawl everywhere, it's real damn boring."

Meanwhile, I'm checking for clear areas in cities and crouch running no problem.

You guys are ridiculously bad at this game. I'm not a "hardcore" player, either.

Let people uninstall the game. Stop trying to make it a cakewalk in the park, and I don't believe for a MOMENT someone spent 4 entire hours without finding a single gun. I found two in 5 minutes in Cherno.

[/quote']

Agreed

took me an hour to find a gun, the buildings get raped and everything is taken on high pop servers, im sure if i played on a low pop one it would be easier, but i hate doing that, but whats are you talking about, "clear areas in cities" there are no clear areas.

Rocket (and everyone else who has any feelings for this mod) has to accept that most people have come for how the mod was, how it was when they first played it... people like this will no doubt leave for how the mod grows as it differs from their taste, from what they loved about the game.

However, entirely new players who maybe started playing today may like it like this and if it got reverted back to how it was may leave because its not to their taste... moral of the story is you can't please everyone.

Its the twat about Alpha, nothing is concrete, set in stone, definite. People would do well to remember that but tensions run high when change in something they love occurs and lets be honest its understandable.

Rocket (and everyone else who has any feelings for this mod) has to accept that most people have come for how the mod was' date=' how it was when they first played it... people like this will no doubt leave for how the mod grows as it differs from their taste, from what they loved about the game.

However, entirely new players who maybe started playing today may like it like this and if it got reverted back to how it was may leave because its not to their taste... moral of the story is you can't please everyone.

Its the twat about Alpha, nothing is concrete, set in stone, definite. People would do well to remember that but tensions run high when change in something they love occurs and lets be honest its understandable.

[/quote']

I played since we started with revolvers and i loved it. The thing is people barley even give the no gun spawning a chance just bare it out and play better.

Boring? i have crouch ran through cherno got one zombie on me and lost him in a house. It is how you play i can understand that going prone everywhere is boring but you don't have to.

your experience is anecdotal (if true). I've aggro'ed zeds from taking one mistaken crouch-run step inside a building (they were outside with no LOS). let alone crouch-running anywhere near a major city