x0pticLukeZz

[1.7.1.4] Ammo dropped when picking up tools

Date/Time: 19/06/2012 21:40 GMT and earlier

What happened: I noticed that when I picked up a tool, primary weapon ammo would be dropped from my active inventory. Notably it only seems to be ammo that cannot be used in the gun you're holding, e.g. I picked up a toolbox and lost my DMR mags; I was armed with an M1014.

Earlier the same thing happened trying to pick up matches. Sometimes this results in unrecoverable items as the dropped ones simply disappear.

EDIT: Also just dropped some DMR mags (my primary was AK74) when I went to pick up a G17, so it would appear trying to pick up tools/secondary weapons causes this.

Where you were: Once in a supermarket; dropped mags were recoverable presumably due to flat floor. Once on a hill; mags were unrecoverable.

What you were doing: Picking up a tool

Current installed version: 1.7.1.4

Server(s) you were on: EU39 (? not sure.. doubt it's relevant)

I had this happening to me just now when picking up a Kobra. After when picking a Remington the Kobra disappeared along with ammo and more stuff. Later on i tried stashing a AK74 in my backpack and weapon simply disappeared (i had 6 slots free in backpack).

Overall inventory goes bezerk on me, almost everytime. It is unusable for me currently (1.7.1.4 - but began to notice these type of issues since 1.7.1.1)

the exact same happened to me.

Every ammo for a weapon i don't own falls to the ground when picking up things like matches or a map.

It was not happening with the binoculars.

Version:

DayZ: 1.7.1.4 (sixupdater)

Arma: Beta 93825

(1) After when picking a Remington the Kobra disappeared along with ammo and more stuff.

(2) Later on i tried stashing a AK74 in my backpack and weapon simply disappeared (i had 6 slots free in backpack).

I thought everyone knew these things about arma by now

1) If you pick up a primary weapon without putting the current one down it will not appear on the ground

2) Primary weapons take 10 slots in bags. If you don't have enough slots it will be erased

This bug is not from Day-Z, it's also in Arma 2 and OA.

We should report it to bohemia directly.

@PsychoChicken : when you take a primary weapon, the one you have in hand return on ground with it's ammo.

But agree with the backpack bug (lot of gear lost like this :-( ).

My double barreled shotgun + 4 slugs dissapeared when i picked a hatchet.

It basically replaced the primary weapon and the shotgun dissapeared.

Same thing here, lost my winchester when switching with an axe out of bag, had plenty of room. 10 slots for an axe is rediculous though, I just want to chop some wood.

1) If you pick up a primary weapon without putting the current one down it will not appear on the ground

2) Primary weapons take 10 slots in bags. If you don't have enough slots it will be erased

Yeah' date=' I know this stuff, but my issue is with picking up tools and losing my ammo, which shouldn't really happen because tools occupy a different inventory area. Just wanted to be clear..

This bug is not from Day-Z, it's also in Arma 2 and OA.

We should report it to bohemia directly.

What's the most effective way to contact them?

Same thing here' date=' lost my winchester when switching with an axe out of bag, had plenty of room. 10 slots for an axe is rediculous though, I just want to chop some wood.

[/quote']

My double barreled shotgun + 4 slugs dissapeared when i picked a hatchet.

It basically replaced the primary weapon and the shotgun dissapeared.

Sorry, this is not the same thing I'm talking about in the OP. I believe a hatchet counts as a primary weapon now, so picking an axe up would have a chance to delete your primary weapon. In the OP I was talking about picking up tools (map, matches, toolbox etc) causing primary weapon ammo to be dropped.

(1) After when picking a Remington the Kobra disappeared along with ammo and more stuff.

(2) Later on i tried stashing a AK74 in my backpack and weapon simply disappeared (i had 6 slots free in backpack).

The problem is, is that it needs to be changed. I'm lysdexic and can't help it. Sometimes I switch out weapons the wrong way and it deletes my weapon. I'm sick of my weapons being deleted. If there isn't room don't let it move! There are items where if you try to pick them up and don't have room it gives you a msg and doesn't let you. It can't be that hard to freaking change this so weapons stop getting deleted.

I would asume that to contact directly Bohemia Interactive, it would be about the beta patch. So you should go to their forums. But explain it very well, and how someone told you that it might be a problem with their patch because it happes in Arma2 OA too... otherwise they will complain and say it's a problem with DayZ.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?82-ARMA-2-amp-OA-BETA-PATCH-TESTING

also does this for clothing. i foudn camo and was wearing it and still had my civ clothing in my inventory (not bag) and when i picked up a think hunting knife civ clothing dropps to ground. it was the only thing that was droping when i was picking anything up. i did it multiple times.

The problem is' date=' is that it needs to be changed. I'm lysdexic and can't help it. Sometimes I switch out weapons the wrong way and it deletes my weapon. I'm sick of my weapons being deleted. If there isn't room don't let it move! There are items where if you try to pick them up and don't have room it gives you a msg and doesn't let you. It can't be that hard to freaking change this so weapons stop getting deleted.

[/quote']

What does you being dyslexic have to do with weapons being erased? :S

Also people should understand that when you want to move your primary weapon into your backpack, make sure you have enough room for your weapon + the mags of that gun you have in your inventory.

Because it switches your mags + gun at the same time. and mostly the mags get moved first before the weapon.

meaning that if you dont have enough room anymore after the mags have moved, your main weapon will dissapear.

so becarefull and make sure you have enough room before putting stuff in your backpack

How long have people been playing this game/mod? This is not a new issue, it has persisted for quiet a while now. Simple temporary fixes which you really should know by now.

1. Make sure you have enough space in bag when putting a weapon or any item really in there. Yes regular items can bug out too.

2. If you are carrying a second primary weapon in your backpack make sure you carry the ammo for it in your backpack as well instead of in your inventory. That way you won't have to facepalm every time you pick up something and your second primary weapons ammo drops on the floor or totally disappears.

3. If you want to switch guns, make sure you drop your primary weapon on the floor first before picking up another primary weapon from the floor or from your backpack.

4. Hatchets/Axes now count as primary weapons... 8l

Here is what happened to me:

I had in my inventory 4 Marakov Mags and as primary weapon a hatchet (no secondary weapon).

On the ground was laying a winchester + 2 ammo for it.

After picking up the winchester, my 4 marakov mags and loads of other stuff dropped. For the other stuff, well, i can't remember it, but seemed also strange. But correct me if i am wrong: marakov mags take up different item slots than wichester ammo, so it shouldn't really drop that (along with other stuff from my secondary slots). Or is it intentional ? Seems weird to me.

Specs: 1.7.1.4, latest beta patch.

Inventory priorities of ArmA 2. Drop or store in your bag what you don't need. Take what you must. It's not a bug.

I had this happening to me just now when picking up a Kobra. After when picking a Remington the Kobra disappeared along with ammo and more stuff. Later on i tried stashing a AK74 in my backpack and weapon simply disappeared (i had 6 slots free in backpack).

Overall inventory goes bezerk on me' date=' almost everytime. It is unusable for me currently (1.7.1.4 - but began to notice these type of issues since 1.7.1.1)

[/quote']

This also happens to me since the last bout of updates. Putting Primary weapon in backpack cuases it to vanish..

Simple workaround i found, put ammo not for your primary in your pack. Then this doesn't happen.

My point is that it shouldn't happen anyway :P Tools don't take up the same slot that primary weapon ammo does, so why drop primary weapon ammo?

Well I agree, but Rocket stated in the 1.7.1.5 thread that this is an Arma2 issue. So the likely hood of us getting a fix anytime soon is slim->none. I was just trying to be helpful.

Yea, there is Arma 2 the game, and this mod for the game Rocket is working on. You need to fill out a bug report for Arma 2 on their site, not on the dayz forum.

The inventory has worked this way since OFP (although OFP was only a scroll menu). When you pick up another primary it tries to make things easier by also swapping out your primary mags with what fits the gun you just grabbed. This works for Arma pretty well, since you aren't using flashlights and axes and stuff usually.

I've been aware of this issue for long time. That's why I put my ammo that I don't use, to my backpack.

Same thing happened to me today. I have been aware of Arma 2's tendency to grab the ammo for the weapon you just picked up and dump the rest. However normally it places these items on the ground. This time they disappeared completely. In addition it dumped my food, water, painkillers, and bandages. That has never happened to me before when picking up a new primary weapon.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.4

*Server(s) you were on: US60

*Timeline of events before/after error: In the woods picking up a new primary weapon from a dead player.