Just wondering, are we going to have a new bunch of skins to choose from in the standalone?

Or are we going to have the same skins from ArmA 2?

i'd really like to keep the character model i currently have.

http://community.bis...e_A2_Face56.jpg

Tis a silly thing to care about, but i'm like that.

Edited by GOD™

Maybe have predefined skins and also customize your own :)

New ones, they have been posted in the dev blogs.

fjhkb4.png

2vmzzvo.png

fjhkb4.png

2vmzzvo.png

Damn, not a very wide range of options...

Damn, not a very wide range of options...

They're taking an MMOish RPGish turn to DayZ. Most likely it will follow FO and those will be defaults with sliders that edit your face. Expect to see lots of derp in the near future (IF they have slider functionality).

fjhkb4.png

The asian guy looks like he's looking at something disgusting, the caucasian looks like he just got caught doing something bad (and is trying to act natural), and the black guy is keeping his cool.

Just a little bit....

No? Maybe try closing one eye, cocking your head to the right, then squinting the other, and putting an eyepatch over it. See it now?

Edited by McCullins
  • Like 4

They're taking an MMOish RPGish turn to DayZ. Most likely it will follow FO and those will be defaults with sliders that edit your face. Expect to see lots of derp in the near future (IF they have slider functionality).

Can i has facial hair aswell?

I'm sure there's going to be a lot more choice than that eventually. It keeps making me chuckle how when the devs post an image of something in pre-alpha people assume that's representative of the finished product. They posted that image bloody ages ago just as an example of what they were working on.

God, did you mean what clothes the characters will have too or just the actual faces etc?

• Like 1

God, did you mean what clothes the characters will have too or just the actual faces etc?

Just the faces.

Jiri P FTW

I'm hoping that eventually our faces may change depending on the lives we lead, beards, scars etc. Time will tell I guess. I'm sure I remember Rocket posting about tatoos and clan stuff at one point but I can't remember if it was just part of a discussion or a blog/tweet about something they're working on. I'm sure Smash'll have a quote up his sleeve somewhere.

I'm hoping that eventually our faces may change depending on the lives we lead, beards, scars etc.

You get musty if you're a good person.

• Like 1

It keeps making me chuckle how when the devs post an image of something in pre-alpha people assume that's representative of the finished product. They posted that image bloody ages ago just as an example of what they were working on.

Well when you post one picture and you don't show any improvement pictures at all or explicitly say THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT, then people think "They've finished it, and now they've moved on to something else."

I can understand when they think that RIGHT AWAY, how it makes you chuckle, but really after that it's hard to remember that they're PROBABLY doing more stuff, even if they don't say it. Here is when you get a quote and prove me false, but I'm talking in general, and I don't remember when they showed these faces.