Sign in to follow this  
phresh (DayZ)

Packed and squished tents reappearing on server restart

Date/Time: Jun 19, 2012, after a morning server restart.

What happened:

After a server restart, all previously packed and smashed tents are reappearing, pitched.

Where you were:

Everywhere.

What you were doing:

Trying to setup a nice hidden camping area with tents tucked under conifers.

*Current installed version:

*Server(s) you were on:

Dallas 23

*Your system specs:

Q6600 @ 3GHz, 6GB DDR2, 560ti

*Timeline of events before/after error:

We've noticed this happening after three server restarts, so far. It's annoying since we spent hours getting our tents perfectly placed and then all the ones we didn't like the placement of return, creating tents on top of tents.

Can confirm this is happening to me as well. After a few server restarts on US4, we had quite a few tents from previous placements reappear again and again.

Bumping this topic instead of creating a new thread.

I've been trying to set up a tent in a nice secluded grove on NY14. When I logged back in the next day, every single place I had set up my tent and subsequently packed it again due to poor positioning now had a tent in it. All tents belonged to me, and the lack of ways to permanently remove this massive tent cluster pretty much blew any chance of setting up a discrete camp in that part of the map.

Would like to see an option to "delete tent", even if only available to the owner of the tent, implemented if a solution turns out to be time-consuming.

Ive tested this today. We smashed 3 tents 5 minutes before a server restart. These tents had various items in them to see if they would be deleted. After the server came back up the tents was no longer smashed and the items within was still there.

had a similar thing, put a tent down, next day i log in all my items are missing and theres an extra tent (which is also mine) this really sucks because its impossible to set up camp if my items keep disapearing