them0t

Any performance increasing changes coming?

I love DayZ. I want to play DayZ. However, currently I am unable to due to excruciatingly low FPS. I can run Chernarus on ArmA2 just fine, 120+FPS in a jet on max visibility, but when I try to play DayZ, I play on 500 distance and I STILL get 10-15 FPS. I set EVERY setting to low, low texture and model detail, no AA or anything, shadows off and etc. Still 10-15 FPS. I tinkered with the settings on my NVidia card, making it do "high performance" on the game, still 10-15FPS.

So my question is, are there any performance increasing changes coming into the game?

No info? None at all?

That sounds more like a personal problem. I get the same FPS in Arma 2 (actually a bit lower) as I do in Day Z. What kind of computer do you have?

For example, my setup:

CPU: AMD Phenom x6 1055t

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1866

Motherboard: Asus M5A97

PSU: Corsair 750w

GPU: GTX 460 SE 1GB

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 400+ 2.1GHZ

Card: GeForce GT220

Memory: 2048MB DDR2

The rest I dont know how to find, if theres a link I'd be glad to upload the rest..

Also, do you thnk Harddisk space has to do with the problem? I have a 225GB Harddrive with 40 left. Would that cause a problem?

The rest I dont know how to find' date=' if theres a link I'd be glad to upload the rest..

Also, do you thnk Harddisk space has to do with the problem? I have a 225GB Harddrive with 40 left. Would that cause a problem?

[/quote']

The space on your HDD shouldn't be a problem if you have 40gb left. Your specs are most likely the issue. I'm running a laptop with:

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53 GHz

Memory: 8 GB (insert forgotten memory brand here)

GPU: GTX 260m(Laptop) x2 SLI

I don't seem to have much of a problem running the game with those specs. It's definitely playable for me, but It could be much better.

I saw this picture linked in a post earlier today, and after changing my setting in the Nvidia control panel to these, I saw a slight FPS increase, which is making the game much better for me. http://i.imgur.com/1AQoW.jpg

The rest I dont know how to find' date=' if theres a link I'd be glad to upload the rest..

[/quote']

The space on your HDD shouldn't be a problem if you have 40gb left. Your specs are most likely the issue. I'm running a laptop with:

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53 GHz

Memory: 8 GB (insert forgotten memory brand here)

GPU: GTX 260m(Laptop) x2 SLI

I don't seem to have much of a problem running the game with those specs. It's definitely playable for me, but It could be much better.

I saw this picture linked in a post earlier today, and after changing my setting in the Nvidia control panel to these, I saw a slight FPS increase, which is making the game much better for me. http://i.imgur.com/1AQoW.jpg

Thanks, helped out a bit. Still lag like hell in towns and i get 5 fps in Cherno/Elektro. I go to these areas in single player and I get extremely high FPS so it has to be something with the mod...

I'm getting the same problem. I havent played for a few weeks and i was getting around 20-30 fps in dayz. Then I decided to see how the new changes were and get back up to date. So i install the latest patch and install 6 launcher to update dayz. Now i get 5-15 fps and random 2-5 second freezes every few minutes. I know my computer isn't the best anymore but I dont understand why it would change so drastically.

Specs

E8400 oc'd to 4.01

2- 9800gtx gpus in sli oc'd to 800mhz

8 gigs ddr2

980i mobo

32 inch hannspree hd monitor

Judging from your specs, it looks like CPU/RAM bottleneck. I have similar specs to you, and I get 10-15 FPS once servers start to fill up, because the CPU can barely keep up with all the data flowing.

I get that dreaded issue where most of the servers i get into (even well-pinging ones) play fine at first... then after 15 or 20 minutes or so (never timed it), they suddenly start gumming up and the FPS take a drastic nosedive and it becomes totally unplayable eventually. Happens almost every time.

Yet every update changelog always has a fix re: FPS and "lag issues" and boasts of ever new methods of "cleanup" or whatever on servers to (supposedly) give substantial increases in FPS, etc., yet they never seem to do anything at all for me. But then, I definitely need a better graphics card at this point, too, (just waiting till I can afford to replace this ancient one), but still, why can' it just keep playing as smooth (comparatively speaking) as it does when I first start the game and join a server? That's what's so frustrating, if the performance just didn't drastically decrease the longer I played, I'd be OK. :(

Graphic settings seem to matter little if you can already run Arma II. I have a computer that can run Arma but not Dayz and settings options to low/high doesn't seem to matter much.

This leads me to believe it's mainly a processor issue.

Also there must be other code mixed in the same thread as the drawing thread, or they didn't separate out the drawing thread properly. Otherwise the game should slow down but not the rate of screen update/drawing.