Sign in to follow this  
deebz1234

Horizontal line, moving vertically, only while running (refresh rate issue?)

i7 - 2.8 ghz

6 gb ram

7200rpm drive

gtx 570 evga

good fps 35-50.

series 5 samsung lcd 120hz 3d tv (res 1080p/60hz)

desktop res - 1920x1080x60hz

Not a problem in any other game or watching movies or anything fast. So probably not the TV.

Dayz looks great and plays great, just when im running around the screen "flickers" or "paints" a horizontal faint faint wave like line across the screen. It is not even that bad and I play with it no prob. I think it has been happening since day one but I just started paying attention to it recently. Slightly anoying.

Anyone have any ideas?

geforce drivers were updated last month or so, some time around crysis 3.

they may be the beta..so ill try getting new drivers stable release.

but still, what causes this?

nvidia settings are default, havent changed.

thank you

Edited by deebz1234

I have tried running in 59hz

and 60 hz

im not willing to drop below that.

have also tried Vsync on and off. No change.

Have you tried disabling vsync?Probably not the problem,but in other games this causes problems for me.

Edit:Beaten to the punch :)

Maybe try playing with Nvidia control panel?

Edited by SeaMan

Once upon a time when I played wow and tried to play on my TV, I had the exact same issue. Some games just don't play well with TV's. If it is supported, I'd play around with both the resolution & refresh rates.

again, lets rule out the TV LOL

ive never seen this problem in ANY other game, i should try playing arma2 normally...

it has to be something with dayz or nvidia

If it were an nvidia problem, it would happen with other games too. So that can rule out that. I still suggest that you play around with Arma 2's resolution/refresh rates. As I stated before, wow did this to me while other games played fine. I had to run wow at 720p to make it disapear. But, on my computer LCD, it never did that.

interesting, will try that tonight.

sure enough i forgot all about it last night and drank crown royal and played lectro bandit sniper for far too long :)

I have the same issue with the horizontal line. I believe it is the vegetation detail line. Past the line less is rendered before the line is more. I am not sure if this is correct but that is my guess. I have an NVidia gpu as well. I have messed with several setting trying to improve fps and then this happened. I will try more ideas and post back the results.

hey yea! thats what I was doing. Tinkering around and bam this came out.

let me know. Have you tried the render options for all trees and all trees + grass?

maybe try them all out.

Also the .cfg file editing, cant even remember what I changed.

still no fix, been playing with the ATOC settings. Slight slight differences.

Im living with it for now.

have also changed the scene complexity in the CFG from default to 1 000 000 and 100 000

no luck

hijacking - just posted the same complaint myself. had it since day1 and now paying attention to it too much. it's almost like everything ''blurs'' together when i try focus on something while moving or freelooking - forests/buildings/players, regardless. it's exactly like a wave/ripple which settles once i'm stationary a sec. not hugely obvious, but in a game like dayz where you can spot a pixel from 1000m away it starts literally giving me headaches.combined with the flickering it can be a nightmare.

also, out of curiosity are you using VGA to connect to your tv/monitor? I've heard that can cause it and using DVI > VGA adaptor like I do (my card 7850 has no vga slot but i use a vga cable with adaptor) so i've ordered a pure DVI > DVI cable. echoing you the problem doesn't occur on bf3, skyrim, fifa 13, sleeping dogs etc, although I may not notice it because they're different environments e.g not huge forests and plains.

Edited by showtime

Hey thanks for jumping on here as well, link me your post too.

I have read about the VGA vs HDMI and such. I know mine is direct HDMI. Not an amazing HDMI cable, but nonetheless.

I will try a newer or other HDMI cable. I highly doubt it is that though.

Do you notice in the far edges of your screen that it has a slight blur? mine is very definted, and mainly in the left and right edge. like a shitty border.

argh.

Ah, I was hoping you'd say you had VGA too so I could point you to a ton of threads on it.

I will have to check about the edges to be 100%. I know when I have stuff like maps open or I alt tab out and get the ''Recieving'' screen I really notice the lines and I think, 90% sure, that I get the same blurred edges. Almost like a transparent layer has been overlayed on the edges and blurs it.

It's super hard to explain the problem though. It's not strictly like a huge tear that's REAL obvious but it's like lots of little, mini tears in the distance as I move the mouse. It's like the textures I'm looking at aren't,,,solid? Idk. I've tried everything, including editing the cfg file and in game graphics settings in every possible combination..

Just got back from the office and my DVI>DVI cable has arrived so I'm gonna smoke somethin', log on a sever and see if it's made a difference :)

still nothing here...aside from removing Arma 2 and OA altogether...not even sure that would fix it.

anyone else?

just a bump and a solution for anyone playing on a big screen TV.

Its game mode...game mode...

the TV is conflicting with the crazy FPS/refresh rate and attempting to use some image smoothing algorithm to even out the frames, etc...

mine is called motion plus or some crap.

once i switched to game mode, it removed the horizontal line issue.

Smooth sailing, 80-90 fps in dayz arma 2

30-60 fps solid on arma 3, depending on server pop