Torothin

From an Eve-Online Player...

In many aspects this game is A LOT like eve-online with regards to the risk/reward pvp that it offers. Overall, this is the best game that I have ever played. Truly remarkable job with this mod. You are going to make some serious cash when Arma 3 comes out....

In many aspects this game is A LOT like eve-online with regards to the risk/reward pvp that it offers. Overall' date=' this is the best game that I have ever played. Truly remarkable job with this mod. You are going to make some serious cash when Arma 3 comes out....

[/quote']

I am also an Eve player, I approve of this statement.

I'm also an EvE vet.

Trying to find the "perfect" sandbox for me. DayZ is amazing because i can simply be a lonewolf stalking the woods or just hunting other people. Sometimes i group with a few friends just to kill zeds, we move in a town, aggro them and kill them all. Once everything is clear we move to the next and so on.

That's why sandboxes are amazing.

Ex eve player.

Have to say Day z is more brutal. Very hard to stash stuff properly (tents and vehicles) other than that when you die in pvp or pve you lose everything. At least with eve you would have x amount of pve ships and x amount of pvp ships.

And easily replace said ships with isk.

None of that in day z lol

Also no empire space. Its like if all of day z is nullsec.

I sure hope none of you think DayZ is harder than EVE. I barely played EVE and I can tell you the beginning week or two in EVE is infintely harder than this game. I've had DayZ for under a month and I have already mastered pretty much the entire game, explored everything there is to explore, and gotten pretty much every item I could want. EVE, I could play for years and not accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish.

I was gonna reply to you Solace, but I decided to bite my tongue. This isn't the thread for an EVE vs Day Z argument. You can't really compare the two other than their sandbox elements anyways.

I was gonna reply to you Solace' date=' but I decided to bite my tongue. This isn't the thread for an EVE vs Day Z argument. You can't really compare the two other than their sandbox elements anyways.

[/quote']

Their difficulty is something you can compare though. They're similar in a lot of ways, but a lot of people seem to be implying DayZ is harder, and DayZ really isn't hard at all. It's a great game, it just isn't a hard game.

Ex EVE player as well, games were dying really hurts are few and far between and to me the most rewarding. The excitement of putting your stuff on the line makes the fights worthwhile.

I sure hope none of you think DayZ is harder than EVE. I barely played EVE and I can tell you the beginning week or two in EVE is infintely harder than this game. I've had DayZ for under a month and I have already mastered pretty much the entire game' date=' explored everything there is to explore, and gotten pretty much every item I could want. EVE, I could play for years and not accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish.

[/quote']

Yeah true, but EVE is a much more mature game, and has a lot of PVE content, NPC's giving missions etc that for me distract from what it does really well.

You're also comparing a game that's been released for 9 years now and has a full development team behind it versus a mod in it's alpha stage. Not really worth the argument.

You're also comparing a game that's been released for 9 years now and has a full development team behind it versus a mod in it's alpha stage. Not really worth the argument.

Oh I'm sure EVE was harder during Alpha than this game of "Sprint through the city to find loot, then take a road trip up north and kill people for their gear when they try to enter barracks."

Elektro is the new Jita Rancer

Fixed that for you.

All depends if bandits catch them on the way in, or on the way out with Alice packs full of gear.

But yeah, when your right your right. Rancer fits better.

I am an Ex-Eve player and this game has many eve like aspects. I love the fact you can take everything from a player, no skill / training requirements... nothing lost to explosion / violence. Penalties for death have been severely lacking in most multiplayer games lately.

If this does wind up being on a tranquility size server with players being the content creators, Rocket will be collecting my subscription fees for years to come.

Dayz has a similar progression, to EVE... you start off desperately trying to survive and conquer the learning curve. You get proficient and beat the PVE aspect (killing zombies, getting gear). Then you take on the domination aspect (PVP), looting and pillaging other people's camps, vehicles, and territory. I have to praise Rocket for making the game more challenging and engaging, I loved when we were fighting 1200-1500 zombies with insta-respawn safety in numbers or die, I've never had to give so much attention to the constant PVE factor... just when you think you'll never die to a zombie again... one will tackle you break your leg and knock you out while their friends devour you.

I sure hope none of you think DayZ is harder than EVE. I barely played EVE and I can tell you the beginning week or two in EVE is infintely harder than this game. I've had DayZ for under a month and I have already mastered pretty much the entire game' date=' explored everything there is to explore, and gotten pretty much every item I could want. EVE, I could play for years and not accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish.

[/quote']

Comparing DayZ to MMO Spreadsheets : The Game? lolwut

I'm an eve player for longer than i'm willing to admit.

Its similar in the no-consent PvP

Its similar that it has PvE

Similar that you dont grind skills

Different is that EVE has you as immortal and you get your goodies back at the end of a death

Different in that there are no missions, listed goals, or territories

DayZ has no economy, player cooperation, and certainly no non-combat professions (Eve has mining, production, etc). If you made farmers and housebuilders you'd be able to have an economy and class system, but thats silly...

Yes eve and Dayz are two very different games, we are talking about the similar aspects both games share.

Yes one is a shooter and one is a spaceship mmo/spreadsheet internet game.

When a person says that DayZ is way easier than eve, your wrong and right at the same time.

They Learning curve in eve is much higher, it takes months/years to master different aspects in eve.

But where DayZ triumphs eve is in the risk/reward area, everything is much higher risk in DayZ. Here is a example that eve players would understand.

Imagine in eve starting in a frigate, then slowly working your way up to a crusier, BC, BS, etc. etc. Killing npc's and collecting ammo and guns and mods from them (no npc's in dayz or trade system) Then when your in your titan, fully decked out with officer gear or what ever you manage to come across. You dont pay attention for 5 seconds and a newb character in his frigate with his starter guns kills you in a couple shots.

And you must restart the cycle again.

That is DayZ.

But where DayZ triumphs eve is in the risk/reward area' date=' everything is much higher risk in DayZ.

[/quote']

I politely disagree.

In Eve you can easily lose the results of weeks and months of playing in a matter of seconds.

In DayZ if I get killed while running with my buddies I can usually get my equipment back in no time (20-30 minutes running) and even when I start again all alone it's very easy to find very good equipment within an evening or two.

The reason why there are so many eve players on this game is because the risk/reward PvP aspect attracts a certain type of player to it. In all honesty Eve and dayz are really the only 2 popular games that truly offer risk/reward PvP. PvP where you get the shakes after you win. Those of you who are aware of this know what I am talking about.

And this my fellow gamers is the reason why this game will be successful. This game also offers a 'this is life." mentality to it just like eve-online. In both games you feel as though you are living another life. Another very rare aspect to find in a game. Even more so in an FPS.... Discuss!

I also have an EVE background.. starting to play that in 2005..

guess we could make a corp ^^